I still mourn the lost of troikas fallout game

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Whatinthegoddamm, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Whatinthegoddamm

Whatinthegoddamm First time out of the vault

Aug 10, 2018
    506-1091479454-710e0060e29e5e6de208f13a4df28f9d.jpg

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  2. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    What about Fallout 1 and 2 is not marketable today? I mean the graphics. The engine. Why is everything 3D with volumetric lighting and shit? Is it not possible to do it the older and simpler way? No viable engine aside from Unity I take it?

3. MPPlantOfficial

MPPlantOfficial Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 24, 2017
    I'm going to bet if you get a screaming 20 year old Youtuber to say "Play Fallout 1, everyone!!!" then the sheep will go out of their way to learn the engine and "guh-hiiit guh-huuuud" at the game with various playthroughs. Unfortunately none of them are doing that.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Lone Cat

Lone Cat It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 8, 2012
    Troika tried to remake Fallout in 3d? and failed to secure any license from Interplay? (before the IP rights went to Bethesda)

5. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

Something like that. They were in early stages of developing their own post-apocalyptic RPG. 3D and isometric, and later on it turned out it was their attempt to make Fallout 3, should've they won the right to the IP.
    But Bethesda did, and you know the rest of the story.

I imagine they would have used that material to make their own post-apocalyptic IP, but Troika shut down, and that's the end of it.

6. SquiglyContiello

SquiglyContiello It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 3, 2018
    A troika made Fallout game makes me dream of a beautiful mix of Arcanum, Vampire, and Fallout. Too bad we got Oblivion with guns instead.

7. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Probably, yes, but it's been more than a decade. Both the firm and the series are dead. Moving on.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Fizzycswag

Fizzycswag First time out of the vault

Jul 15, 2018
    This is why I hate when people say Fallout wouldn't be here without Bethesda. Troika bid on the license and Bethesda outbid them, the license would've gone back to the original creators instead of Bethesda. Sure we wouldn't have New Vegas, but it would still be here and would probably have produced good Fallout games than Bethesda ever will.