“TV Town”

DiddlePants

First time out of the vault
What do we know about this mysterious location that was supposed to appear in Fallout 2? According to the wiki, TV Town would have been a town controlled by a giant computer AI, and would have been inhabited by androids based on 50’s and 60’s tv shows. Apparently, this location was meant to play a huge role in Fallout 2, and the plot of the game would apparently revolve around this town. What do you guys think? Is “TV Town” a good idea? How do you think the story would have been affected if it had remained in the game?

This is literally the first I've ever heard of it.

I don't Believe you [GIF].gif

I remember reading about this. I didn’t realize it was going to be central to the plot though. Seems like it was scrapped along with the plot about going to the moon or something.

I'm glad they didn't.
If a super computer has to be the size of ZAX then there is no way that they'd fit the processing power of human complexity inside of a humanoid cast.

I'm glad they didn't.
If a super computer has to be the size of ZAX then there is no way that they'd fit the processing power of human complexity inside of a humanoid cast.

Skynet shows you can do it, you just need to go full Wetware AI.
Also they could have been Replicant-style synths, like the ones in FO4. These are essentially printed humans with some cybernetics on their heads.

Skynet's an alien ai tho, right?
Also Fallout 4 isn't canon. :v

Has alien tech. But I don't think a cybernetic brain like that would be beyond the Earthly technology of the Fallout universe. Just on the top of the tech tree.

I think more traditional "Androids", which are human-shaped robots with a synthflesh covering (or even no covering), would be interesting.
Would actually make more thematic sense within Fallout than the NotReplicants of FO4.

I wonder if this is why Bethesda went from "Androids" in FO3 to the terms "Synths" in FO4 - to make the Synths more distinctive from run of the mill human-shaped bots.

I took my doctors advice. I stopped scratching them and applied the cream twice daily. After a week or so the androids went away.

What do we know about this mysterious location that was supposed to appear in Fallout 2? According to the wiki, TV Town would have been a town controlled by a giant computer AI, and would have been inhabited by androids based on 50’s and 60’s tv shows. Apparently, this location was meant to play a huge role in Fallout 2, and the plot of the game would apparently revolve around this town. What do you guys think? Is “TV Town” a good idea? How do you think the story would have been affected if it had remained in the game?
Never heard of it.

So apparently this is literally a very early draft that was mentioned in passing on a paragraph of the Fallout Bible and it never went beyond an idea on a storming session at the very begining. Probably with good reason, it would've been a dumb idea.

Back