☢ The NMA Atomik Movie Gang The Omega Man (1971)

Which movie would you like to watch?

• A Boy and His Dog (1975)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel Dawn (1987)

• The Postman (1997)

• Threads (1984)

• Damnation Alley (1977)

• Radioactive Dreams (1984)

• Fist of the North Star (1995 - live action)

• Delicatessen (1991)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Escape from New York (1981)

• Waterworld (1995)

• The Omega Man (1971)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • The Quiet Earth (1985)

• The Road (2009)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Stalker (1979)

• Six-String Samurai (1998)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Risewild

Antediluvian as Feck
Modder
Orderite
This is the time for the first-ever "NMA Atomik Movie Gang" poll.

The theme this week is Post-Apocalyptic movies and we have 15 choices, so there's plenty to pick from. All the choices were compiled from suggestions posted by members in the thread posted above plus a few others I picked randomly to make a nice number of 15 (I found random lists of Post-Apoc movies and picked randomly from those).

Here's IMDb links for all the options, for your convenience:

If you think something really obvious is missing from this list, or you think all the options suck then it's all your fault for not suggesting stuff, so if you don't want to be blamed for it again in the future, then suggest movies or forever hold your peace.

This post is coming a bit late because I had made a much better one last week and saved the draft, so I would just post that one, but apparently the site deletes drafts if too many days pass or something since it existed for days but today is nowhere to be found... So now I had to scramble to quickly make it again...

The winner is: The Omega Man (1971)

You can watch it below:

Last edited:
If you're on NMA and haven't watched Mad Max yet, you should be flogged or something. :aiee:

Well, it seems like this is as active as the Order's movie club was.

I think I will leave this poll up until friday because it's the first one and it's January, so some people might be on holiday, busy, or just didn't notice this or something.

At the moment it's a tie. If there's no clear winner I will change my vote and decide the winner myself :roffle:.

Last edited:
Well, it seems like this is as active as the Order's movie club was.

I think I will leave this poll up for a week because it's the first one and it's January, so some people might be on holiday, busy, or just didn't notice this or something.

At the moment it's a tie. If there's no clear winner I will change my vote and decide the winner myself :roffle:.
I don't even know a bunch of the films so I figured I'd read up a little on each later before I vote.

Ok, I decided that I will keep the poll up until Friday. That's tomorrow here. :look:

The Omega Man or The Road. Both movies I haven’t seen. Double Feature? :deal:

My original vote was for A Boy and his Dog, but I’ve seen it numerous times, and while I do have things to say about it (and can certainly relate it to Fallout in more ways than one), something new will make for a better viewing experience and discussion. Hopefully.

Ok, 12 hours to go until the poll closes. 5 votes are good enough in my book.

But if you want to participate and didn't yet, feel free to do so now, like I said I'll close the poll in 12 hours, if by then it's still a tie, I will change my vote and pick a winner. :wiggle:

@Mr Fish I will add Mad Max to the next poll.

Congratulations, the winner is: Omega Man

Unfortunately, I don't seem to even have the power to close the poll early, so it will only close next week.

Also, suggest new movies for the next poll.

Mad Max is already a suggestion.

Is anyone going to watch the movie let alone participate in this? :confused:
Participation is abysmal on this site. Only regurgitated memes and political talking points are allowed. Don't ask them to put any original or critical thoughts or even invite them to have *gasp* fun, they'll just hurt themselves.

Back