10 best games.

I have not included Fallout 1 on this list because I never really played it. At all. I had FO2 first, and it is just BETTER than FO1. I'm sorry.

1. Fallout 2
2. Street Fighter II
3. GTA 2
4. Half Life (+mods)
5. KoTOR (Second best RPG I've played..)
6. The Sims (+mods/expansions)
7. Earthworm Jim
8. Halo + Halo 2 (why has no one said this???)
9. Metroid Prime:Hunters (One of the best FPSs, and it's on a handheld!)
10. Super Smash Brothers (not melee, melee sucks)

Stag said:
8. Halo + Halo 2 (why has no one said this???)
Because Halo is far beyond over-rated, and a shitty game. It's fun for 25 minutes, then, it's boring.
Want some real FPS's?
Quake, Doom (You already mention Half-life), Counter Strike, and a bunch others. Halo = crap.

I must concur, Halo is way overrated. It was well-designed for a console FPS, but simply sucked in comparison with its PC counterparts. Plus it featured nothing even remotely new when it came out.

Among classic first person shooters, my favorites are Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem 3D. However, these pure shooters just don't cut it for me anymore. In recent years (post-2000) I have only enjoyed realistic shooters (Operation Flashpoint), hybrids (Deus Ex) and a few multiplayer shooters (Unreal Tournament series).

Uh... carry on with the top 10 lists.

I love it for the multiplayer value. While Halo IS overrated, it's just a ton of fun. And my PC can't really handle anything too fun. I still have a 16 meg graphics card. :(

I'm a CS addict, but I'm still a n00b..I hate it. I've been playing for a month, and I'm mediocre at best.
I've only played DOOM3, I can't find the origional. DOOM3 is fun, but it's not on my top list.

I always love the opportunity to display my hefty list of favourites. Although I think it would be a crime to limit my choices to a mere ten (I don't really believe in top # lists, it just brutally limits what you want to convey anyways).

PC Games:

Fallout
Planescape: Torment
Deus Ex
Grim Fandango
System Shock 2
No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy In H.A.R.M.'s Way
Worms Armageddon
StarCraft
Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Full Throttle
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
The Curse of Monkey Island
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

I'm also really looking forward to giving some others more time, and hopefully I can list those proudly amongst these.

Console Games:

Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Chrono Trigger
Metroid Prime
Ninja Gaiden
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

There's a plethora of console games I badly need to check out. I try to play all types of games, since I like most types.

Stag said:
I haven't heard of like half the PC games...That's bad, right?

Half his games are Lucasarts classics, that any self respecting gamer will have completed at least one, at least once.
Then there are some truly great RPG's on the list, and some fun FPS'ers.

Go LEARN BOY!

I haven't played any old Lucas Art's games.

"Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Full Throttle
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
The Curse of Monkey Island
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis "
These are the titles I'm not familiar with. I wasn't too into PC gaming in the nineties.

Understandable, since some of those titles are from the 80's.

Coincidentally, all the titles you name are LucasArts games. All that is missing is Grim Fandango, Loom and Zak MacKraken and you pretty much have the entire catalogue.

In no order.

Fallout 1, 2 & FOT
Jedi Knight; Dark Forces II
Star Trek: Birth of the Federation
Shogun: Total War
Hearts of Iron
Cossacks
Gangsters: Organized Crime
Unreal Tournament

I know, these are some old games, but it's an old computer.

My top 10 games
  1. Fallout/Fallout2
  2. Diablo 2 LoD
  3. Half-Life, Half-life Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike, TFC
  4. Warcraft 3 Tft
  5. Halo
  6. Fallout Tactics
  7. Morrowind
  8. Starcraft and Brood Wars
  9. GTA: III and Vice City
  10. GTA: Liberty City Stories

Unkillable Cat said:

Coincidentally, all the titles you name are LucasArts games. All that is missing is Grim Fandango, Loom and Zak MacKraken and you pretty much have the entire catalogue.
... and The Dig, but that game was kinda "meh". A decent game, but really can't stand against the rest of their lineup.

I still mourn for Sam and Max 2 being cancelled, I never saw anything of it, but I had hopes.

Ah hell, 10 best games I've ever played:

Full Throttle
Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy
Doom
Morrowind (still like Oblivion, but Morrowind is better)
Fallout 1/2
KOTOR
Baldur's Gate 2
GTA: Vice City
Half-Life

That about sums it up.

PhredBean said:
Unkillable Cat said:

... and The Dig, but that game was kinda "meh". A decent game, but really can't stand against the rest of their lineup.

I still mourn for Sam and Max 2 being cancelled, I never saw anything of it, but I had hopes.

Surely you've heard that Telltale picked up the license and is now hard at work on the new, episodic game? :shock:

Man, Fable is the shit. I can't decide whether or not it's better than KoTOR.

Back