Arcanum
Unreal Tournament
NOLF 2
Painkiller
SWAT 3
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Half-Life 1&2

10 Favorite Games

I don't play console games so I can't comment on that. But my 10 favorite PC games in descending order are :

1) Ultima 4 : Quest of the Avatar
2) Fallout
3) Wing Commander 3
4) Civilization 3
5) Simcity 4 (+ rush hour expansion pack)
6) Diablo 2
7) Syndicate
8) Bard's Tale 2
9) MechWarrior
10) Zork

And Hey, since I don't have 10 favorite console games, I'll put down my second 10 favorite PC games as well.

11) Fallout 2
12) Ultima 5
13) Star Control 2
14) Karateka
15) Dungeon Siege 2
16) Neverwinter Nights
17) Baldur's Gate 2
18) Tie-Fighter
19) Lode Runner
20) Far Cry

Is this about "the 10 games whose design and execution I admire the most" or "the 10 games I've had the most fun with"? Because my lists would be almost totally different.

It's stated in the first post that it should be the "10 games you love", which to me means the 10 games you've had the most fun with. At least that's how I'm interpreting it. I dont' think it's supposed to be the most ambitious, since as you say, that would be a very different list.

The thing is, my list would only have a few single player games, most would be simple and silly multiplayer games à la the original Worms, several of them from the Commodore/Amiga era. These other lists must indicate I'm surrounded by... youngsters!

1. Girls (you play them, so they're games... or ONE game)

2. Fallout 1

3. Fallout 2

4. Check (hardware based version :D )

5. Tetris

6. UT 2004

7. Quake 4 SP (Quake sucks in MP... hail to the allmighty UT 2004)

8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Mario World is OK as well)

9. HL2 SP (see Q4 MP)

10. Windows

Per said:
The thing is, my list would only have a few single player games, most would be simple and silly multiplayer games à la the original Worms, several of them from the Commodore/Amiga era. These other lists must indicate I'm surrounded by... youngsters!

Naw, not all of us are youngsters. I still remember playing Lode Runner, Dr J. vs Larry Bird, and Hard Hat Mack on my old Apple IIc. Then Karateka came out and I almost died and went to heaven.

Only games I played on commodore were Beachhead and Bruce Lee.

Per, the thing is, try to make a list of games that are still playable/available today. At least, that's the approach I usually take.

Sure, you can come up with the true 10 best games of all time, but what good does it do others if they can never even find that game to try it? Better to put games that are still at least POSSIBLE to find in my opinion.

Hey, a C64 emulator + pretty much any game is just a download away. Same for AppleII and, I suppose, Spectrum.

Ratty said:
Stag said:
Man, Fable is the shit. I can't decide whether or not it's better than KoTOR.
*double barf*

What? KoTOR is great, but I liked actually being able to hack and slash. And it's more open-ended, although I spent almost ten more hours on KoTOR. It's a tough choice for me. I'll stick with my KoTOR guns for now.

EDIT: Someone should make an FO mod for KoTOR.

well took me long enouth to read throu the post :D and here is my list :

1.fallout 1&2
2.Deus ex
3.Half life (all of them :twisted: )
4.planet scape: torrment
5.quake
6.diablo 1&2
7.Civ series
8.Commandos
9.swat ( 4 i gues :D )
10.ground control 2

somehow i get the feeling that most people here choosed fallout too but oh who knows .....

SWAT? What?

Resident Evil should've been on my list. Too late now though, I s'pose.

Thought I'd join the spamfest.

no p'ticular order:

Unreal Tournament (And I can proudly say that I beat Xan on "Experienced")
Fallout
Command & Conquer
Red Alert
Stronghold
Full Throttle
AVP2
Grand Theft Auto (the first one)
Rune
Half Life

My best 10 games are:
1. Diablo 2 LOD
2. Fallout 2
3. Baldur's Gate 2
4. Baldur's Gate 1
5. Quake 2
6. Thief
7. The Sims
8. Fallout Tactics
9. Icewind Dale 1
10. Lionheart - Legacy of the crusader

cosma_sebastian said:
3. Baldur's Gate 2
4. Baldur's Gate 1
9. Icewind Dale 1
10. Lionheart - Legacy of the crusader
*quadruple barf*

Stag said:
What? KoTOR is great, but I liked actually being able to hack and slash. And it's more open-ended, although I spent almost ten more hours on KoTOR. It's a tough choice for me.
Seeing as they're both as open-ended as a ride through Tevatron particle accelerator, your dreadful conundrum is about as difficult as deciding between swimming trunks and speedos on a winter day in Siberia.

Well, I'd rather not go swimming in Siberia.

KoTOR is what I said, though. KoTOR FO mod. Needs to be done.

Back