10mm .44 Mag or .45 auto?

DoubleRubix

First time out of the vault
Another debate I think would be interesting as long as everyone doesn't just vote for one gun.

10mm Pistol

Classic Fallout pistol that is very early to get and does fairly good damage especially early on.

Advantages: Hefty Clip of 12 +4 with mod, Silence capability, and abundant ammo.

Disadvantages: Fragile, Worst Hand-loader ammunition.

.44 Magnum Revolver

Dirty Harry's gun! A great handgun and a worthy contender.

Advantages:Most raw damage, Only one among 3 with a Scope, Very durable, Hand-loader round can be obtained without the Perk.

Disadvantages: Expensive ammo, least amount of ammo, expensive to purchase and repair without jury rig.

.45 Auto Pistol

New guy on the block and considered one of the best!

Advantages: In between The .44 and the 10mm with ammo, durability, damage, and price, Cheap Mods, Silence-able

Disadvantages: Highest Repair Requirement for Super rounds, DLC purchase requirement, low ammo clip.

Now looking through it would seem like it is pretty cut and dry. Why use 10mm rounds when the .45 auto Pistol is vastly more powerful and has many of the same benefits. While the .44 Magnum is far more durable, can be marksman ability and can deal out a lot of damage. And I say the 10mm Pistol still has a niche and that is the ammo count! 16 rounds is good imo. Thinking about the raw damage without perks or special rounds would end up looking like this. The .45 Auto Pistol will deal 203 Damage while the 10mm Pistol will deal 352 damage based purely on a single clip. Less reload time means more shooting and less stopping time.

Give me your opinion if you disagree or even if you agree. :D I like all 3, but I'm curious how everyone else feels ^_^.

I'm surprised you didn't throw in the Ranger Sequoia, seeing how crazy powerful it is.

That being said, A Light Shining in Darkness is probably my favorite handgun - throw it on a crit build along with Grunt and some Psycho and/or bear meat and you can steamroll through anything.

Personally I don't care much for the .44 because That Gun requires common ammo.

Well See I wanted to go with 3 weapons that are about mid way between weak 9mm and .357 mag and super powerful like the 12mm and the .45-70 gov rounds. And I was curious between those 3 since they are non-unique as well.

I want to go for 10mm for nostalgia value, but I use Joshie's unique 45 a lot more.

They are all very nice. I use the Colt 6520 from the classic Fallout weapons mod instead of the standard 10mm, though.
I barely used the .44 mag, my standard sidearm would be the .45 Auto. Not the wimpy little Yoshi-gun :D

I quite like the .357 magnum over the .44, mostly due to the reload animation. :V
However I mostly use the .45 or 10mm pistols because they are more utilitarian in a fight than a revolver.

Yeah, revolvers are more for the "two hits, I hit you you hit the ground" fights.

If there was a SAA, I would totally use nothing but that though.

When I was on the early stages of my guns playthrough I used the 10 mm then I finally got around to using the .44, and I conclude that the .44 is cooler.

I hate it when people call magazines clips...

My favorite weapon ist Lucky, so 357 after that the unique .45.

Azathoth said:
I hate it when people call magazines clips...

My favorite weapon ist Lucky, so 357 after that the unique .45.

Well I'm so sorry that I am not a purist gun nut and have virtually no military terminology in my vocabulary.

it's not a gun nut thing, it's an English thing. It's a basic, minor difference, that just irritates the shit out of people who aren't careless and know the difference. Hell, I keep meaning to go into Bobby Ray's and fix their issues with clips and magazines but I'm lazy.

Not Lost Hope said:
Wintermind said:
It's a basic, minor difference, that just irritates the shit out of people who aren't careless and know the difference.

I.e. gun nuts.

Yeah. According to some people, everyone must obey the gun, because guns are cool and so admirable. Also, it's fucking boring seeing all those "which gun is better and why" "what ammo is better?" etc threads around here. Sometimes it feels as if I'd be reading some Call of Duty forum, especially with that crossbow thread... Eh..

Back