25 years of Fallout

I can join in too:

AGXV5o9.jpg

They tweeted that image with some caption about '25 years of iconic characters'. Some balls to call those F3 and F4 characters iconic. You're seriously going to put that oracle lady there over say Sulik or fucking Vic?

My man, at some point you guys will have to accept that the vast majority of newer Fallout fans have never even heard of Sulik and that you aren't the target audience of the series anymore.

Ah yes, 25 years, the quarter of a century mark. 18 of which have been nothing but watching worms devour the corpse. :smug:

edited for an embarrassing math mistake…which nobody saw…

Last edited:
My man, at some point you guys will have to accept that the vast majority of newer Fallout fans have never even heard of Sulik and that you aren't the target audience of the series anymore.
Welcome to the forum. :ok:

This just means that they're not really Fallout fans, they are fans of the impostor series.:smug:

There are basically just a few cherry picked nouns in the recent games that derive from the series proper (that's it), and those don't even retain their original meaning.

"Mom! Get us that stuff we saw on Youtube called Vegemite!"
Imagine an American parent fills a Vegemite jar with Nutella, so their kids are happy thinking they like it, while it's so much cheaper, and easier to get the sweet stuff. Their kids don't like Vegemite, no matter what they say.

nutella%26vegemite.jpg

Bethesda just plays off the naughty name, (who knows why, when their fanbase hates the style & mechanics, and didn't know the name to begin with).

FO3 is basically an unrelated reformulation, made for a different caliber palate:

SVP_2.png

A mainstreamed [sugary] impostor product; with none of the implied nutrition.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. :ok:

This just means that they not really Fallout fans, they are fans of the impostor series.:smug:

There are basically just a few cherry picked nouns in the recent games that derive from the series proper (that's it), and those don't even retain their original meaning.

"Mom! Get us that stuff we saw on Youtube called Vegemite!"
Imagine an American parent fills a Vegemite jar with Nutella, so their kids are happy thinking they like it, while it's so much cheaper, and easier to get the sweet stuff. Their kids don't like Vegemite, no matter what they say.

nutella%26vegemite.jpg

Bethesda just plays off the naughty name, (who knows why, when their fanbase hates the style & mechanics, and didn't know the name to begin with).

FO3 is basically an unrelated reformulation, made for a different caliber palate:

SVP_2.png

A mainstreamed [sugary] impostor product; with none of the implied nutrition.
Mmm summed up quite nicely and accurately I'd say so myself, good one Gizmojunk! :clap:

I mean he is right this series is not made for us but Atom is so buy it instead.

Makes you question why even put characters from the older Fallout games into promotion material if their current fans seemingly don't know who they are.

Their kids don't like Vegemite, no matter what they say.

If the kids wanted Nutella and the mom (possibly named Shiela) filled the jar with Vegemite or dare I say it, Marmite the poor kids would throw up.
If Marmite did not look like toe jam, the people that think Liberty prime was made by Mr House would fail to see that Strawberry Vegemite is Mutton dressed as Lamb.

The funny thing is, I expect one day a new turn based isometric Fallout will come to existence - the nostalgia factor will overcome the publishers fear of diluting the franchise. And it will be a smash hit...

Here is to twenty five years of kicking up irradiated wasteland dust, shooting bandits and taking everything not nailed down. :salute:

The funny thing is, I expect one day a new turn based isometric Fallout will come to existence - the nostalgia factor will overcome the publishers fear of diluting the franchise. And it will be a smash hit...

I'm cynical, I say you're half right. They'll try to cash in on the nostalgia factor, but also attempt to modernize it to keep it "exciting" with QTEs and a real-time-turn-based battle system, or else attempt to make the "strategy better" by making an exact copy of whatever X-Com clone was most recently successful at the time of publishing, plus QTEs. Did I mention QTEs?

Publishers are cowards. This fear poisons everything.

Back