A few simple FNV mods

agris

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
Hello, I'm largely a lurker here (in fallout general modding, actually) but I've made a few mods I wanted to share with the community. They're in the spirit of a more rewarding or challenging FNV, but your mileage may vary.

1. Classic Companion Configurator
Tones down companion strength while being completely modular. Companions cripple limbs and stay hurt just like the Courier. Support for companion use of drugs directly out of their inventory, running away from combat, truly passive companions and a lot more. I'm quite proud of this one, and I hope some of you find it a nice change. There is an optional HP table for companions only, to make them less god-like.
Main Screen -- Run Away screen

2. Fully Integrated DLC Items
Instead of starting a new game and immediately being given a handful of items (tribal / mercenary / wasteland / kleenax pack), the items are spread around the Mojave. Only way to get a weathered 10mm is off the cold dead hands of your enemies. Integrates the preorder DLC items into the game world loot and even a few new recipes. Care has been paid to not make the items common.

3. Better grenade throwing
The range of throwing weapons (grenades, spears, etc) will now scale based on player strength. At 1 STR, the default range (actually measured in projectile velocity) is 84% of normal, and increases at 8% / STR point. This results in the normal range at STR 3, and 156% range at STR 10. Heave Ho! still increases throwing range by 50% above and beyond the modified range. Timers have been increased a small amount to avoid mid-air explosion. Optional versions are included that increases the damage / radius of most explosives, and a "detonate on impact only" version.

4. The .223 Pistol
I made a little mod that changed 'That Gun' into the .223 Pistol and put it up on the nexus. I also replaced the New Vegas firing sound with original from Fallout 1 / Fallout 2's RP. It's moddable with a double trigger (increasing firing speed) and laser sight (decrease spread), which you can find being sold around the wastes.

5. No FNV Launcher and Main Menu Music
Does what it says.

Re: .223 Pistol for FNV

agris said:
I made a little mod that changed 'That Gun' into the .223 Pistol and put it up on the nexus. I also replaced the New Vegas firing sound with original from Fallout 1 / Fallout 2's RP. .
That's all that matters, really.

Does the mod change for .223 ammo to be common? Because although I think that this is a totally sweet thing and I will totally get it, I assume that this ".223 pistol" actually primarily shoots 5.56 mm rounds. Is that right?

Pretty sweet I think. My favorite "look" is the double triggers with no laser sight.

No, I don't mess with ammo lists or casings. I highly suggest using LFox's missing ammo recipe's mod which adds almost all non-grenade / nuke ammo types to be craftable if you have the handloader perk and a high enough repair skill. But then again, I believe 223 casings are fairly common. That above mod is so nice because it adds the recipes via a script and doesn't change any ammo or casing lists, nor add any extra casings. It's also not unbalanced, it takes 80 repair + Hand Loader to make .50 MG ammo, and 100 repair to do .50 AP.

Honestly though, 5.56 mm AP is better than 223.

Sorry for post following my own post, but I thought it warranted it. I made yet another mod fiddling with explosives.

This one changes the throwing distance of all grenades, spears, etc to be dependent on player level. Starts at 80% of the range (really projectile velocity) at STR 1, and increases by 10% / level. I also buffed up the radius and damage of most explosions slightly, but not too much. Made an optional version for all thrown explosives to detonate on impact.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38580

agris said:
If any of you who pre-ordered and got the classic pack are sick of starting a new game and having the items just handed to you, I made a mod to help take care of that.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39580

Moderators, if this one-man thread is getting old, let me know.

You should probably rename the thread so that it's obvious you've done multiple mods.

I'm not a fan of how you've done the Armored Classic suit. Painting 13 over a 21 doesn't give you a crisp looking 13. I'd have preferred that it just be found on a dead body, like the NCR trooper in the cave near Prium.

Yea, painting the suit isn't ideal. I think finding an armored vault 13 jumpsuit on a random NCR person isn't any better though. What sense does it make that an NCR trooper would have one? It's also not wholly unrealistic to make a clean "13" with a paint gun (especially since the one in the game has a long, thin barrel). You would mask the number "13" with tape, spray, and be done.

agris said:
Yea, painting the suit isn't ideal. I think finding an armored vault 13 jumpsuit on a random NCR person isn't any better though. What sense does it make that an NCR trooper would have one? It's also not wholly unrealistic to make a clean "13" with a paint gun (especially since the one in the game has a long, thin barrel). You would mask the number "13" with tape, spray, and be done.

Not when you're painting over an existing number. Also, I said "Like" the NCR trooper. I had many PC death scenes in FO1 and FO2... you could just have a random skeleton with the suit in the middle of an area that a player would have died in. The wanderer... kept wandering east or something, and died to some Radscorpions at an old age.

Little Robot said:
Does the mod change for .223 ammo to be common? Because although I think that this is a totally sweet thing and I will totally get it, I assume that this ".223 pistol" actually primarily shoots 5.56 mm rounds. Is that right?

Pretty sweet I think. My favorite "look" is the double triggers with no laser sight.

If I remeber correctly, after level 10 most vendors will sell .223 ammo boxes in good quantities, it's the only way to get them, since you can't craft on the reloadbench.

I think this move is right, since All-American became a killing machine with this ammo.

[ ]'s

Quick update, I've made a "Companion Configurator" that provides companion control options familiar to anyone who played Fallout 2. Additionally, I've included convenience tweaks like making companions essential and truly passive (aka mule mode). The options are well-suited to someone trying to make their companions less cheesy and more like real, mortal characters.

Link.
Pic links in first post.

Back