A group of Legionaries run up to you...

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Ben, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    One says "You are marked for death by Caesar and the Legion obeys. Prepare yourself for death!"

How do you reply? :monocle:

2. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Oh good, I was running low on caps, your stuff will sell for a pretty penny in Novac over there.

3. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Nothing. The clowns were already eating dirt before the lead clown could talk to me.

4. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    I start running in fast-forward while the Benny Hill music humorously punctuates my would-be death.

5. Richwizard

Richwizard So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 18, 2010
    Again?!

6. Relentless666

Relentless666 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 23, 2008
    Futue te ipsum! I am the goddamn Caesar! Prepare yourselves for some serious ass whipping!

7. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    My usual response is to look really surprised for a second, spring a wide-eyed maniacal grin, pop a Turbo, pop a Slasher, run towards the center of the mob giggling like a flesh-eating mental patient, and then start spinning in a circle firing 40mm grenades at the ground like it was the Fourth of July.

8. Tank Girl

Tank Girl First time out of the vault

Sep 17, 2011
    Ruffle his hair, pinch his cheeks, tweak his nose, give him a wedgie and send the little scamp back to Caesar.

9. Nalano

Nalano Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 20, 2009
    "Oh, thank god. Do you know how expensive 12.7mm ammunition is?"

Seriously, that band of Legion assassins is a roving ammo dump and armor repair shop. Hell, if I have Veronica or Raul in my party, they tend to die before I noticed they were there to begin with.

10. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    yell "Lookout behind you!" and run as fast as I can.

11. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Behind you! A three-headed monkey! ... Ah, no. It's just your friends.

Btw. since the last patch(es?), I noticed that powder gangers and khans now send out assassines too. They aren't as geared up as the legion assassines, but they do appear from time to time.

12. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    Never noticed that, thanks

anyway, "The Caesar can suck it!" *spraying maniacally with me Assault Carbine* :dance:

13. WillisPDunlevey

WillisPDunlevey Mildly Dipped

Feb 2, 2010
    Im doing a legion playthrough (first one). Does the NCR send out assassination squads?

14. Ben

Ben Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 6, 2011
    Yes, they will send Rangers to whack you. I might be wrong but it seems to be every 3rd time you fast travel that an assassination squad gets sent

15. WillisPDunlevey

WillisPDunlevey Mildly Dipped

Feb 2, 2010
    Good news! I was hoping that there would be a ready source of cash... its also hard to level up when you are going to fail or skip more than 50% of the quests because you are siding with the legion. The GRA weapons/ammo work good. Securitrons die with only two shots from 12 guage pulse slugs. It does not work so well on raiders though (when you forget to switch ammo)

16. Old Man Vee

Old Man Vee First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2011
    "Seriously?
    I just killed the ranger death squad five minutes ago. ":roll:

17. lmao

lmao It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 29, 2005
    I don't have to say anything because Boone started sniping them before they were in view.

18. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    I never got any assasin squad, ever. Even with me being villified on all bigger factions and with the newest patches. :|

19. brfritos

brfritos Humma Kavulaaaaaaa

Sep 8, 2009
    I finally got them in my lastest playthrough, after countless times playing the game being Vilified without even seen one of them! I was at level 8 BTW, they are hard to kill at this level! :shock:

It would be nice if you have the opportunity of selling yourself to the Legion if you were a woman or to the NCR if you were a man, like you did you Benny, you know. Trying to make them let you go away in exchange of sex (or bribe them).
    Just for roleplay purposes, nothing more.

But no...killing unarmed civilians? Ok. Slaughtering entire communities without a single repercution between the game world? No problem. Frighten and brutalizing merchants in exchange for not killing them? Let's go!
    Selling yourself for sex, killing children and smoking a cigar?
    Preposterous, you misogynist psycopath bastard! :cool:

20. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    ALT-F4