A new Fallout game? Fallout 1.5: Resurrection's english version is out!

Lexx: You cannot just change the language to German because the game then tries to find all the texts in text/german folder. It runs (at least the entry map) but it misses the right texts. We will need to include all the English texts into our DAT then. We all have English or Czech versions (Czech version uses english folder too) so we haven't realized it.

MuffPillow: Do not replace the custom sfall with new one because global scripts will stop working = new perks, party addon and few other things wont work properly.

Or if you insisted you can do it but you need to open ddraw.dll in hexaeditor and replace occurence of "data/scripts/gl*.int" with "resdata/scripts/gl*.int" to make it work properly. And be careful with INI settings. Not sure if they changed and how much.

We will update sfall and hi resolution patch in next version.

Lexx: You cannot just change the language to German because the game then tries to find all the texts in text/german folder. It runs (at least the entry map) but it misses the right texts. We will need to include all the English texts into our DAT then. We all have English or Czech versions (Czech version uses english folder too) so we haven't realized it.

I just renamed the folders and the problem was solved. Also I've moved the music into the correct folder as well (has not to be in vanilla folder - no idea why it's there anyway? I remember the GOG version had the music in this place as well, which I assumed to be a bug that happened for whatever reason).

PS: You should also add the awesome Appearance Mod.

Last edited:
If you're going to update those critical components, you might also consider to remove many of tweaks & changes from fores.exe and let sfall handle them. The ideal situation is just using official sfall, so players can update sfall DLL (if there are newer versions released) by themselves.
And we just added an option to display sfall built-in credits at the bottom of credits.txt contents yesterday. Now you don't need to disable the credits in the source code. :)

Also it would be nice if you can change Resurrection's data structure to an ordinary one, using DATA as the main folder instead of RESDATA, to make newer tools (F12se, F2wedit, etc.) able to find the files.

Last edited:
After you dug the two graves where Maria and Dr are you need to go back to the mayor guy and talk to him. Then you must go an confront Alexa. She will tell you that Leonard in fact is also dead and that she killed him shortly after she killed Maria. If your speech is high enough you can end it by getting her to shoot herself in the head.
Damn. That would have saved me a lot of time. I thought there was no way to do this quest without killing anyone.

Damn. That would have saved me a lot of time. I thought there was no way to do this quest without killing anyone.
Don't feel bad, I spent some time trying to complete it too.

Anyway, I just finished the game. I think it was really good. Definetly worth replaying again.

btw that quest with the child molesters and the gay thing was a bit much....

Also I've moved the music into the correct folder as well (has not to be in vanilla folder - no idea why it's there anyway? I remember the GOG version had the music in this place as well, which I assumed to be a bug that happened for whatever reason).
AFAIR it was a packaging error from GOG. In older GOG release you can't hear any music due to the misplaced 'music' folder. That's why RP installer includes a process to alter the music_path2 line in fallout2.cfg to correct it. The error is "fixed" later by changing music_path* lines in cfg, guess they don't like the idea moving music folder back to the place it should be.

Bethesda's re-release is heavily based on GOG's, so now the music folder in both GOG and Steam versions is still in the wrong place, with corrected path lines in cfg.
BTW, few weeks ago I was bored and compared GOG/Steam release to the original CD release I bought in 1998, turns out GOG/Steam's English version is based on a "less" censored version of FO2, with pure US 1.02d patch applied.

Last edited:

I thought it showcased how real life and a wasteland would unleash the worst in people publicly with no shame, it was a nice addition but shocking. I enjoyed the quest and i think it fits.

I thought it showcased how real life and a wasteland would unleash the worst in people publicly with no shame, it was a nice addition but shocking. I enjoyed the quest and i think it fits.
Yeh, it's what I thought at first. But IMO its too detailed. Besides there are other examples. Like the guard in Rat Whole who kills the small girl, or the prostitutes from Corath who say that selling themselves is the best thing ever. Or the doctors from the Death Quarter who kidnap people to harvest their organs and the Mutant Hunters and Empire do nothing to stop them. Plenty of examples so far, and I'm sure there are others that I missed. IMO that quest was unnecessary and I think they could've come up with something better instead. My2cents :/

Yeah, it's a mod, not a standalone.

Yes and it creates its own folder without overwriting anything. I think you can use other mods just as long as it doesn't interfere with Resurrection folder.

After you dug the two graves where Maria and Dr are you need to go back to the mayor guy and talk to him. Then you must go an confront Alexa. She will tell you that Leonard in fact is also dead and that she killed him shortly after she killed Maria. If your speech is high enough you can end it by getting her to shoot herself in the head.

you're likely to get him killed this way if speech check is too low haha :clap:

MuffPillow: Do not replace the custom sfall with new one because global scripts will stop working = new perks, party addon and few other things wont work properly.

Or if you insisted you can do it but you need to open ddraw.dll in hexaeditor and replace occurence of "data/scripts/gl*.int" with "resdata/scripts/gl*.int" to make it work properly. And be careful with INI settings. Not sure if they changed and how much.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to go take a peek, also might explain why my imperial city vault keep pulling up "The instruction at XXXXXXX referenced memory xxxxxxxx
The memory could not be read from" looks like i have some work to do

Last edited:
Lexx: So you have parts of the game (few generic things) in German now? Just curious :)
Data/sound would be a better place. I've always been copying it there. Not sure why it's not there in final installation. But at least it works :). We were considering the GOG issue with music and that's why fores.cfg already contains both paths (and why it's not in Resurrection folder - there are only two music paths slots available but that's already explained by NovaRain).

NovaRain: I will move the things from fores.exe to ddraw.ini that are easy to move (most things). But things like elevators or perks are not so easy. For example some perks are replacements of old perks (it was not so easy without sfall, there were only few "unused" perk slots available) and the global script which handles them takes into account effects of those old hardcoded perks.

I was also thinking about the directory structure and altrough I wanted to change it according to originals we've realized it could be a problem for other users who already have their data stored there (like saves). It could probably be done in a backwards incompatible patch (when changes in the game make old saves incompatible which was not case of this version but I guess we try to avoid these changes when possible).

BTW won't the tools work when the resdata is renamed temporarily and then back? Could be a workaround. Not ideal but could help. Most of them probably would. And if not then it's not caused by the structure itself.

Also a solution could be to make the structure configurable. If the path to those global scripts were configurable by ddraw.ini then sfall could be updated safely.

Thanks for the credits option !!

Last edited:
It's official, the newest version of Sfall broke my game since i don't feel like going through and editing .ini files. from a fresh start it gives me the memory reference error in response to any attempt at loading a game file I had copied before deleting the old installation.

Cheers to round two, good thing wasn't much diggin my stealthy pickpocket as usual in an older style fallout games~

I was also thinking about the directory structure and altrough I wanted to change it according to originals we've realized it could be a problem for other users who already have their data stored there (like saves). It could probably be done in a backwards incompatible patch (when changes in the game make old saves incompatible which was not case of this version but I guess we try to avoid these changes when possible).
Maybe release some kind of a 'beta' patch for people testing the structure change, see if the 1.4 saves work in new directory structure? I can do some tests for you.

BTW won't the tools work when the resdata is renamed temporarily and then back? Could be a workarround. Not ideal but could help. Most of them probably would. And if not then it's not caused by the structure itself.
The custom fores.dat working as a patch DAT is also a part of the problem. I tried to extract all its content and set them up in the standard directory structure, but couldn't get F12se loading my saves properly. Need to check them a bit more I guess, and I don't test F2wedit yet.

BTW, it seems party member leveling in Resurrection works differently from the vanilla method. Checking party.txt there's no level PID records for party members. :confused:

Also a solution could be to make the structure configurable. If the path to those global scripts were configurable by ddraw.ini then sfall could be updated safely.
I'll ask phobos2077 see if he has some ideas for that. But honestly my personal opinion is still using the standard directory structure if possible, for the maximum compatibility with current 3rd party tools/editors and no need to build a specialized sfall if I can't get the the structure configurable. :oops:

Last edited:
To mimic a DAT file you can just create a folder with the same name and mark it as read-only. But it could also be possible that the tools don't have problem with just only the structure.

The saves would work regardless the structure, problem is that people who install new version don't expect to move their saves and would be pissed off instead. The installer could probably rename the folder for them though. Those who prefer archives would need to rename it themselves. We will re-consider it.

Yes. Party members leveling is scripted in Resurrection. They don't switch protos.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad, I spent some time trying to complete it too.

Anyway, I just finished the game. I think it was really good. Definetly worth replaying again.

Is there anyway to solve the end of the Empire's questline without lethal force?

I did all of that and no dialogue option is popping up for confrontation. Really frustrating.

Back