Age of Decadence

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Matt Helm, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Huh? It was a joke, for the website. I'm not sure what the game's sake has to do with that. The joke's not in the game, methinks.

2. iridium_ionizer

iridium_ionizer Mildly Dipped

Jul 24, 2007
    In the world of Age of Decadence I am pretty sure that most people that had heard of the legend of the thermonuclear missiles would consider them quite magical. I think it's a joke and at any rate, the intro text to a location is probably the easiest thing for them to change.

To me, the perspective seems too much from the side to call it top-down (which is more FO:PoS). Maybe we should make up some new word to differentiate it from top-down and over-the-shoulder. How about balchony-view?

3. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    and regardless, it was a funny one at that so it was well played. Some people are just stodgy.

4. PaladinHeart

PaladinHeart Mildly Dipped

Jan 20, 2004
    I guess I didn't realize it was a joke.

5. iridium_ionizer

iridium_ionizer Mildly Dipped

Jul 24, 2007
    It hasn't been mentioned here before, so I thought that I would post this bit of news. Note that this was said to be a combat demo - probably because they are trying hard to keep the plot under wraps. The demo will likely include arena fighting, skill progression, and looting, but probably not much stealth or persuasion.

Here's to hoping that no problems have come up to hinder their demo release.

6. PaladinHeart

Jan 20, 2004
    I wonder how many more months it will take them to finish polishing up their game?

This was posted on December 08, 2007 by Vince

"It's hard to say when the game will be released. The important thing is it's playable and all the content is done. Right now we are going over everything and improving what needs to be improved. We'll take as long as we need and will release only a polished, well designed game."

Surely they won't spend a whole year polishing up the game?

The Cyclopea (Cyclopean?) thing they mentioned sounds interesting. There aren't nearly enough Lovecraft inspired games.

7. Patton89

Patton89 Vault Dweller

Nov 21, 2008
    well, better to have a well made game, than a shitty buggy monstrosity. Like fallout 3.

8. PaladinHeart

Jan 20, 2004
    Annnnd another month goes by. xD

I checked out their forums and there was mention of umm.. what's that thing? Oh yeah, marketing. So mayyyybe it might be released soon. :D

9. Zaij

Zaij Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Feb 10, 2004
    They're releasing a combat demo soon (they were originally thinking march, but they always seem to delay). I reckon the game will be out mid 2010.

Cycoplean is indeed awesome seeming. Following that made me finally start reading Lovecraft.

10. PaladinHeart

Jan 20, 2004
    At least the combat demo will let me know if I should continue to be interested in the game. I hope it's not like Arcanum's combat system. xD

I know, it's suppose to be turn based but I can't think of a bad turn based combat system. :P

Well actually Fallout Tactics' TB system was so bad I just used the RT system.

11. likaq

likaq First time out of the vault

Nov 1, 2011
    Latest news : Aod has been greenlighted on Steam :clap:

12. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    That's great news, eventhough I expected as much. Happydance! :clap:

13. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Ratty, except old Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    Excellent, having presence on Steam from the get-go could make all the difference in terms of commercial success.

Thursday can't come soon enough!

I hope you made good recovery from that shock.

14. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Not only that, but I had to repeat the shock for 2010, 2011 and 2012. I don't know how much more my heart can take.