All Roads previewable on iTunes

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
QuickJump and Big Download both point out that a preview of the Fallout: New Vegas All Roads graphic novel coming with the collector's edition is available on iTunes. The page also offers some shots, and QuickJump has a coloured version of the two-page opening spread we've seen earlier. Apparently the graphic novel provides "clues to in-game missions for the sharp-eyed reader".
<center> </center>

You think they might have de-saturated the colors a bit – to fit into the visual style of Fallout…otherwise pretty nice images.

Example:

038albumpic.gif

.Pixote. said:
You think they might have de-saturated the colors a bit – to fit into the visual style of Fallout…

Vegas is all about flashy colors man! even after the nuclear apocalypse!... (but perhaps these 2 preview images are messed up :shrug:)

Nah, we should fully expect at least chunks of the game to be that bright. Apparently that's a Good Idea®

Lexx said:
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/3xh4w14c/hub1.png

Not sure if serious... but in any case :lol:

coliphorbs said:
It wasn't so long ago that everyone was complaining that modern games are "too brown/gray"...

Everyone? really? thanks for clearing that up. :wink:

coliphorbs said:
It wasn't so long ago that everyone was complaining that modern games are "too brown/gray"...

Except that no one here spoke of things being too colourful, they spoke of colours being too bright/flashy.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

x'il said:
Everyone? really? thanks for clearing that up. :wink:
Hey, no problem buddy.

Brother None said:
Except that no one here spoke of things being too colourful, they spoke of colours being too bright/flashy.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
I agree that flashy doesn't work with Fallout, but I think the issue stems from New Vegas feeling a good deal more like a retro-futuristic game (based on shots and previews) and not so much like a post-apocalyptic game.

I like .Pixote.'s less-saturated version better. It's closer to the colour palette that I associate with the Fallout universe.

I'm actually a bit worried about NV being too flashy. After FO3 being too green, this could be another extreme. I think FO2 had it just about right - say what you like, the style of New Reno was awesome compared to New Vegas (so far).

I'm not gonna start bashing the unreleased game or it's graphic novel because the colours look to saturated. Just saying.

x'il said:
Lexx said:
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/3xh4w14c/hub1.png

Not sure if serious... but in any case :lol:

I like it a lot, because the original Fallout light colors are very limited... in fact, Fallout has only one and that's not even a color.

Different light colors add a lot to the maps. I have a wip new reno map somewhere on my hdd, which looks really great, because of all the different colors around. With this, the place looks better than ever before.

This "Fallout has to have flat colors!"-thingy is what made Fallout 3's look super boring and repitative. Brown-ish colors everywhere is just not cool.

Lexx said:
This "Fallout has to have flat colors!"-thingy is what made Fallout 3's look super boring and repitative. Brown-ish colors everywhere is just not cool.

Yip. But two wrongs don't make a right. Flat brown colours has never worked that well and is way overdone. The answer is not blinking neon green lights in my eyes...

That and the men running around in skirts is what makes me scratch my head about New Vegas. I do fully expect it to be a zany retro-50s sci-fi FPS/RPG. Which is a shame coz Fallout used to be a darkly humouristic retro-50s post-apocalyptic RPG. Is the retro-50s the only thing we'll have left. 's like taking Dr Who and changing the theme and Tardis' look but hey you still got the Daleks. Assrape.

Lexx said:
I have a wip new reno map somewhere on my hdd, which looks really great, because of all the different colors around. With this, the place looks better than ever before.
Must see... :P

As long as this neon stuff only exists in the small area that is New Vegas (not the game, the city), I don't really have problems with it. If, however, this is all around in the world, then I agree that it sucks.

I submitted the iPad screens of all of the pages in tips and posted them in the other All Roads thread. They're also at falloutnow.de now. Just like @GAMER scans:)

The flashy colors don't help the idea that the Fallout 3 look/gamebyro engine is cartoon-y enough already.

Back