Any games like Fallout?

krigger

First time out of the vault
I was thinking.... Do any of you guys know any game just a little like Fallout 1/2 ? I need something to play (and it has to be a post-apocalypse game) until Fallout 3 arrives (if it ever arrives)... But I don't know any!?! aarrgh!!! Help me :?.... I have completed Falout 1 and 2 just to many times by now... Starting to get boring :)

By the way - I'm looking SO MUCH forward to Fallen Earth :D....

The closest you'll ever come to Fallout in execution is probably Arcanum, Troika's first attempt at a game. For obvious reasons they couldn't use special, but they did use something similar. Its also a steampunck game, not PA. Obviously, there is no game like Fallout ('cept Fallout 2), its like the one game.

http://pleaseshortenlonglinks.thanks.kharn/

Thorgrimm said:
Gents, here is a link to a game that can be classified as a Fallout clone. Heck if you look at the screenies you will see they even use S.P.E.C.I.A.L. for character stats. :D The game is called Omega Syndrome.

Too bad the graphics look like shit, eh?

Nah, I'd say: "Try Arcanum."
Heck, I always say: "Try Arcanum."
Play as a technologist, which is the nicest way to play it, though not the easiest.
In any case: you won't regret it.

Yeah, it was in the news once or twice , Thorgrimm. But it's Australian, so meh, who cares? :P

I am tempted to say Jagged Alliance 2, but that's then I am thinking of what Tactics should have been.

Intoxicate wanted me to tell you that B:PotW has as much in common with Fallout as, quote, 'tits and ass' ;)

But it will be a PA cRPG and from the current standpoint, yes, the release is due 2007. I bet you can get more on that at the B:PotW forum.

Lets face it, if there were any games even remotely similiar to fallout or arcanum, you would definitely know about it. Why? Because we would be discussing and playing the shit out of it, 24/7.

For now, just keep dreaming about all the f'n great mods we'll have once IanOut is completely finished.

The old Electronic Arts and Interplay computer game, Wasteland.

You can go to Home of the Underdogs if you want to read about it or check it out.

Anyway, this is spiritually what Fallout spawned from. Some of the members of the team that was involved in this game worked on Fallout as well. Also, this team was responsible for the old and fun Bard's Tale PC games, made by Interplay. Interplay's CEO for a while, Brian Fargo, worked on these games, and he eventually gained the Bard's Tale and Wasteland copyrights for when he started his own company, InXile. Bard's Tale has already made a comeback on the XBOX and PS2, and although it has not been confirmed yet, it is inevitable that InXile will be working on a Wasteland game since they own the rights for it.

This game, in terms of the theme of the game as well as some of the design ideas, I think is the cloest there is to a Fallout clone that is currently out.

PhoenixRising said:
Bard's Tale has already made a comeback on the XBOX and PS2, and although it has not been confirmed yet, it is inevitable that InXile will be working on a Wasteland game since they own the rights for it.

Lets hope that it doesnt suck like Bards Tale did.

Metalheart should be out soon.. Maybe start making your own fallout since they actually include editors with their games I guess (my recent reveleation).

Back