Apartment Nazi

aenemic said:
Gentlemen said:
aenemic said:
someone's a bit obsessed by power and control... seems only fitting he's a christian.
How come the mods vatsed my reply, but left this equally obnoxious shit post here? It seems pretty odd that the mods ignore anti-Christian remarks.

it's not anti-christian. I only said it's fitting he's christian. there are some great christian people out there.
I have no idea what you just said. So some Christians are great, yet you say this thing fits this irrational numbfuck of a guy because he is Christian? Must have passed your doublespeak class with honors.

There's different kinds of christians, there are the nice people that always stay your friend no matter what, those are the great ones, then there's the balls-ass insane nutjobs like the guy mentioned and fuckers like fred phelps.

It's also somewhat true that quite a bit of the time christians are some of the most power-hungry people around, everything has to be about THEIR god and ONLY THEIR god, people like that are one of the reasons the world is getting in a pretty shitty shape for anyone who's not some morally upstanding white christian man.

Gentlemen said:
I have no idea what you just said. So some Christians are great, yet you say this thing fits this irrational numbfuck of a guy because he is Christian? Must have passed your doublespeak class with honors.

You'll be pleased to know that this forum supports Private Messaging, a feature that it has in fact boasted for quite some time. I hope this clears up any inconvenience, as well as an otherwise interesting thread. Thank you for your time.

The Raging Russian said:
It's also somewhat true that quite a bit of the time christians are some of the most power-hungry people around, everything has to be about THEIR god and ONLY THEIR god, people like that are one of the reasons the world is getting in a pretty shitty shape for anyone who's not some morally upstanding white christian man.

That's true. I'm not American, so help me, I can't understand, why the American president has to swear his oath on a bible? Ins't the USA supposed to be a secular state?

The Raging Russian said:
There's different kinds of christians, there are the nice people that always stay your friend no matter what, those are the great ones, then there's the balls-ass insane nutjobs like the guy mentioned and fuckers like fred phelps.

Not everyone who claims to be a christian is ineherently one. Like those people you mention that infact. Just are not christians.

You know its like the terrorists callimg them self moslems or fighting for alah. When in fact they are not moslems.

Slaughter Manslaught said:
That's true. I'm not American, so help me, I can't understand, why the American president has to swear his oath on a bible? Ins't the USA supposed to be a secular state?

Well, nominally. And not really. The Constitution does guarantee "freedom of religion", but only to a certain extent. Also, it you look at politics and culture, it's pretty obvious that religion is in no way divorced from the state. Just pick up a US dollar and read the inscription on the back.

Crni Vuk said:
Not everyone who claims to be a christian is ineherently one. Like those people you mention that infact. Just are not christians.

You know its like the terrorists callimg them self moslems or fighting for alah. When in fact they are not moslems.

Well said. Although, on the other hand, you do realize that this argument can be as well turned around by the "religious nazis".

IMO religious beliefs are not an issue as long as they don't directly trouble anyone else. You may think it's wrong, but it's your opinion. In this case, while it's really ridiculous, it's not like the poster of the advertisement is doing anything wrong. Anyone who's foolish enough to agree to those terms deserves the punishment :roll:

Ausdoerrt said:
IMO religious beliefs are not an issue as long as they don't directly trouble anyone else. You may think it's wrong, but it's your opinion. In this case, while it's really ridiculous, it's not like the poster of the advertisement is doing anything wrong. Anyone who's foolish enough to agree to those terms deserves the punishment :roll:
Its not just oppinion.

If every christian would hold only true to his "roots" (same to moslems) there would not be any issues. No one of those religions are inehrently agressive ones in their nature. They are just sadly proselytizing religions [unlike Buddhism for example] with the message of a "mission"

Both the Islam and Christianty state "killing" as one of the bigest sins and worst crime.

Alone the Ten Commandments here leave not much room for interpretation.

13/17 You shall not kill.

That is pretty clear as a rule for every christian who really beliefs in his religion. Its not a statement that excludes "infidels" or that can be forget in certain situations. Even the Pope cant change on that. It counts all human beeings that have been killed by a christian as murder.

It is pretty much similar for the Qur'an (which is even based in tis roots loosely on jewish, christian and a few other religions). It has as well the rule "To not kill". What makes it a bit shady is the part that says that you are allowed to defend your beliefs with sword and fire [which is as well falsely translated in the "holy war" by the west]. But the Qur'an is clear about suicide or killing. Those people killing them self and others [particularly other moslems] will not see heaven. Also I doubt that there is much to talk about killing children, muslim children mind you. Those terrorists are as well killing inocent people. Or from their definition "believers".

The thing is that many of those zealots invoke on "god" for certain situations even if they can not. That was the whole issue of the crusades. You know they screamed "God wants it!" but they never had any legitimation from the religious side, particularly not if any one (mainly the pope ...) would have taken his time to read either the Bible carefully or the 10 Commandments.

I didn't say religions are agressive. Books do not go to war, people do. I was simply saying that beliefs should be left up to every person to decide, as long as they do not act upon those beliefs in a way that hurts others.

Yamu said:
I think I'd rent it just so I could violate his terms and then take him to court for all he was worth when he tried to do something about it-- ESPECIALLY if I could hold out there for a couple months. I don't think your average lawyer would have too tough a time establishing intentional emotional damages/distress.

I was thinking the same thing, makes me almost want to drive by commercial and burrard to see if theres any houses with a 'For Rent' sign out front. I let out a good laugh for the lights out section.

What if someone tried his best to look like an hardcore christian in order to get that room and as soon as he moved in, came out as a gay atheist, anarchist, who smokes and drinks ?

MrBumble said:
What if someone tried his best to look like an hardcore christian in order to get that room and as soon as he moved in, came out as a gay atheist, anarchist, who smokes and drinks ?

Is found dead the next day.

It would be awesome to rent the place and have a real trashfest with loud music and lots of booze.

Can someone please find his home adress so i can report him to the child-protection authorities?
If these "people" treat their tenants like this, i fear for the allready greatly subdued lives of their kids.

People like this, who live by a 1000 year old book word for word(so no, im not insulting you gentlememe.), should be tortured to death, not kidding, they are the true scum of the earth.

It did make me laugh, but I truly fear for the lives of their offspring.

MrBumble said:

Would be punished by law. I assume one would have to sign a contract before moving in, and thus by breaking the rules would have to take the monetary punishment. If it's private property, and you signed the contract, I believe (might be wrong, but pretty sure I'm right), you'd be forced to abide by the terms of the contract, and the owners would have the right to take you to court if you break the agreement. Since the agreement does not technically contain anything illegal, I'm pretty sure it's quite straightforward.

I'm willing to bet that many of these "regulations" are prohibited by Canadian civil contract law.

13/17 You shall not kill.

That is pretty clear as a rule for every christian who really beliefs in his religion. Its not a statement that excludes "infidels" or that can be forget in certain situations. Even the Pope cant change on that. It counts all human beeings that have been killed by a christian as murder.

An interesting fact. People don't kill people because of the laws. In many places, where there are a lot of religious people too, if the rule of law ceases to exist (a natural disaster or smth) people start looting and killing each other. The laws of our system keep us safe, not that command. Further more, that didn't stop the Inquisition, the destruction of civilizations in the New World. Even in the first testament, God helps the jews slaughter some other tribes and gives them direct indications on who, what and how much should they kill.

Meh, people just pick and choose what they want to follow from the bible anyway, if people still followed the bible 100% we'd be seeing many a goat slaughtered daily.

Mikael Grizzly said:
I'm willing to bet that many of these "regulations" are prohibited by Canadian civil contract law.
Its in Canada? I thought they are some of the most liberal people in the north american hemisphere

Back