April Fools in Gaming

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Verd1234, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Verd1234

Verd1234 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jan 16, 2009
    Yeah, I know this is a week later but whatever...

What are your favorite gaming/hardware related April Fools pranks? Did any ever get to you?

Here's my favorite...(and I know it's recent)

[youtube<object><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_4DHllroiqM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    Blizzard's "Queen's Quest" was pretty funny.

3. Flop

Flop Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 10, 2004
    The worst by far, in my opinion, was done by Taleworlds, or rather, their forum moderators. They decided to mess with the word filter, causing some of the most commonly occurring words to be changed into nonsense.

considering that they had just released M&B: Warband the day before, and a lot of people were coming to the forums, looking for help with the numerous bugs and undocumented features, it wasn't the best of times for them to render their forums useless. Also, it wasn't funny.

I haven't seen any good ones, sorry.

4. Aphyosis

Aphyosis Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2009
    Dunno if there's any WoW players here, but Blizzard did one where they put they announced their own gearscore addon in the form of a bar that extends over your head.

5. rabidpulse

rabidpulse First time out of the vault

May 9, 2006
    Icarus Studios made a good one on 4/1 they announced a gold plated cd case for their game fallen earth to be released in retail stores for the low price of $469 with the game cd to be sold seperately. It was funny because they played up the whole bling idea with it being a 24kt gold case.

6. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
    The librarian.

7. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    anyone remember that old WoW joke with the 2 headed Ogre where each head is representing one player ?

8. Mettle

Mettle Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 9, 2007
    Mmm... yes, that's a classic, many fond memories from one of my more gullible friends that raved on about how fantastic it'd be.

Do remember something about Pandaren aswell, but I don't remember if it was an april-fools joke or not.

9. Professor Danger!

Professor Danger! Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 30, 2009
    I don't believe anything that happens on April 1st. And that includes the news.

10. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9if-lzk-bF0[/youtube]

[spoiler:21b667a5fd];_;[/spoiler:21b667a5fd]

11. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    That bollywood movie is EPIC. Still I'm not much of a fan of most april fools day announcements.

12. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    I'll cry with you too.

13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Duke4ever is probably the oldest april fool joke ever.

14. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    The worst I've seen was Nintendo Power putting in how to unlock Sonic in Super Smash Bros Melee (it was something really hard but doable). It was in their April issue which comes out at the start of March so, as you can imagine, it didn't work out so well and a buddy of mine was pretty pissed when he did it a few times and it didn't work.

15. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    The Games Machine, an Italian PC gaming magazine, has made several faux review as April Fool jokes in the 1990s. The first one I saw was Monkey island 3...IN SPACE (star wars to be exact).

16. Flop

Flop Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 10, 2004