Asking for your Fallout inspiration and ideas

Hmm, interesting.

Anyone have any ideas for super weapons BTW?

I was thinking of the RAND suggested Doomsday Device but it sounds a bit to much like the plot of Van Buren; using nuclear weapons to cause another apocalypse.

There are many government agencies you could play with,

there is the;
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency,
Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence (under dept. of Energy),
Energy Information Administration,
National Nuclear Security Administration,
Lots of snacks under Office of Science (again, under dept. of Energy);
-Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR)
-Biological and Environmental Research (BER)
-Basic Energy Sciences (BES)
-Fusion Energy Sciences (FES)
-High Energy Physics (HEP)
-Nuclear Physics (NP)

Defense Threat Reduction Agency,
Defense Logistics Agency,
Missile Defense Agency.

Many of which are obsolete after the great war (of course, even more obsolete than the others missile defence etc., so the enclave might stay away) and can be adapted to some falloutish stuff (mad scientist is kind of a cliché at this point I guess).

You also have some particle accelerators which could probably be adapted to some fun, if you had the energy for it. I imagine they would be quite unscathed from the nukes considering they are underground, at least they have some high power magnets and special components which could be of use.

I also imagined universities to be locations for some weird/interesting groups, but these of course all got nuked pretty bad.

For super weapons I would imagine High Energy Physics and Fusion Energy Sciences under Office of Science might have something interesting.
I just got this idea of a ridiculously unpractical weapon which would remove or weaken the earths magnetic field (either over an area or as a whole) so that everything under that area would get raped by cosmic radiation, sounds like something the reds would come up with during the 50's. It could be under some weird obscure agency, an agency that makes little sense, like the Office on Violence against Women got taken over right after the war by an insane feminist who developed it to kill men (maybe because her child died in the war?), however it makes little sense that the OVW would have scientists, so scratch that, but you get the general idea.

Thanks for the input.

At some point I was just thinking about a plot in which the reason why the main antagonist wants to destroy the world is because she feels it is corrupted beyond recovery.

During her life she has seen so much atrocities that she feels that what little good is left is not enough worth saving and that it all should end instead of being passed on.

But this feels both to JRPG like (emo antagonist) and I don't feel it fits the Fallout universe.

Does anyone know of any interesting research facilities; corporate or government in the state of Texas?
The same goes for any kind of interesting projects taking place there; power plants, physics experiments, all that sort of things (weather manipulation, space travel, you name it).

I am also interested in knowing about any military bases/facilities where interesting things might take place, or have rumors of strange activity going around it.

Last, please more ideas for super weapons people; physics, robotics, cybernetics.

I hope some of you will respond.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Does anyone know of any interesting research facilities; corporate or government in the state of Texas?
The same goes for any kind of interesting projects taking place there; power plants, physics experiments, all that sort of things (weather manipulation, space travel, you name it).

I am also interested in knowing about any military bases/facilities where interesting things might take place, or have rumors of strange activity going around it.

Last, please more ideas for super weapons people; physics, robotics, cybernetics.

I hope some of you will respond.
rancho of G. Bush :mrgreen:

Hello Grayswandir,

I didn't know about those sites.

Well regarding super weapons I mean something that fits in the theme and spirit of Fallout.

I already mentioned some of those we had before as sources of inspiration.

As for the Bush ranch, I am not really interested in going realistic political nor does the Bush family really interest me.

At best something like that would be an 'encounter', a decaying ranch inhabited by inbreds.

I don't know if it was already mentioned but what about militant/anti-technology faction??

Not to mention there could be a Super Mutant faction that is led by a mutant present when the Vault Dweller proved The Master wrong. The remnants of the masters army needs representation.

Chinese military info would be great. Something to give more insight on the Great War and who launched first.

Already ahead of you DarkCorp on the militant anti technology faction.
I have also been thinking a lot about such an idea.

I have also been fiddling with the Super Mutants and Ghouls.

In my take I accept VB as canon so Ghouls have done an attempt to strike back at humans.
As for the Super Mutants, well Fallout 1 and Fallout BOS (the stuff that doesn't conflict) shows what attempts they have done.

Basically the Super Mutants and the Ghouls have a reached a point that they are without the leaders (The Master, Attis, Dr Willem Clark) and military resources (Mariposa Base, The Reservation) to pose a threat to the world in general anymore.

Their armies or super weapons have failed and there will be no new generations in the future as they are both are sterile and attempts at alternate reproduction have failed or have been prevented.

Some of the mutants want to try to live in peace with humans and spend what time they have left as productive as possible, while others would prefer to go out fighting rather than fade away.

I have a question to all the NMA members.

Would you people dislike or find it questionable if old ideas that have been mentioned before would be re used in a new campaign setting/storyline?

I am not talking about the Super Mutants/Master, the Enclave, or FEV, but rather some of the ideas of the cancelled games.

I am having a writer's block here and am now looking through what concepts the people at Interplay had, but I hate plagiarizing, that is why I want to know what others thing of it.

The Dutch Ghost said:
I have a question to all the NMA members.

Would you people dislike or find it questionable if old ideas that have been mentioned before would be re used in a new campaign setting/storyline?

I am not talking about the Super Mutants/Master, the Enclave, or FEV, but rather some of the ideas of the cancelled games.

I am having a writer's block here and am now looking through what concepts the people at Interplay had, but I hate plagiarizing, that is why I want to know what others thing of it.

If they are logical to the plot and world, and you present them in your own unique way, there shouldn't be any problems.

Back