Bad movies you love?

I enjoyed Quicksilver from 1986.

Maybe it's because I'm currently obsessing over bicycles, but the movie is peak 80s and gloriously cheesy.
No clue why Kevin Bacon thinks it's the low point of his career.

bloodsport_still.jpg

-the bullshit "real life story of Frank Dux
-the obligatory training flashbacks with the adoptive Japanese family pointlessly beating him
-Forest Whitaker is in this somehow
-Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds
-Glorious Asian Mullets
Victor-Lin-Bloodsport.gif

-racist stereotype bad guys
-that monkey kung-fu guy
-Bolo Yeung
bloodsportchongli.jpg

-the obligatory JCVD splits in his underwear (was this like a contractual thing with him?)
-the final showdown, the Fuji-dust, corny 80s inspirational music, JCVD in peak cheesiness.

The ultimate hungover on a Sat afternoon, just ripped a bong hit and am only getting off the couch to microwave a burrito movie.

I love cheesy B Horror movies like most of Stephen King's adaptations and i love Treasure Planet and Atlantis from Disney.

bloodsport_still.jpg

-the obligatory JCVD splits in his underwear (was this like a contractual thing with him?)
Most stars have a trademark of sorts. Whether it is Dolly Parton's tits or Arnold's accent, movie executive types will capitalize off of it, whether the actors wants them to or not. So I am sure either they put that in, JCVD did, or his fight choreographers did. The guy didn't really have much going for him besides the leg work.

Sorry. This movie is just awful. I tried re-watching it recently as a grownup, and the jokes don't land hardly ever if at all. The best part of the movie to my teenage mind is now pointless, which was the two hot babes. In the Army Now is much better as far as trash 90's comedies go.

---

Night of the Demons

KRWQvvS.gif

Return of the Living Dead

MV5BYzY0ZjJlNmMtMGU3NC00Yjk3LTk0N2ItMDNlMDVhZjA4OTFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

images

returndead2.jpg

Show some fucking respect for the dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and some friends rented Biodome on VHS when I was 12 in the beginning of the summer and we kept it the entire summer. Must have watched it a hundred times. That was one of the best summers of my life. We were rockstars.

No love for Troll 2? While many 'bad' movies consist of just one or two entertaining scenes followed by an eternity of tedious padding, this masterpiece is full throttle retardation from start to finish. Troll 2 justifies the existence of the phrase "so bad it's good".

Some are just too bad... I did like Troll (1), (and how the dad's name was Harry Potter).
_________

My own entry: Demonseed.

Old Peter Jackson movies. Meet the Feebles was already mentioned, but I need to add these two:
250px-Bad_Taste_juliste.jpg

Braindead+Poster.jpg

I enjoyed Mystery Men quite a bit. Helped that I had a thing for Claire Forlani at the time.
This was the movie-fest I forced my daughter to endure for my last birthday:

movieday01.JPG

She liked 'Last Dragon' and powered through 'Ice Pirates', but I lost her at the Chinese restaurant scene in 'Dead Heat'.

I enjoyed Mystery Men quite a bit. Helped that I had a thing for Claire Forlani at the time.
This was the movie-fest I forced my daughter to endure for my last birthday:

movieday01.JPG

She liked 'Last Dragon' and powered through 'Ice Pirates', but I lost her at the Chinese restaurant scene in 'Dead Heat'.

That somewhat motivates me to finish that Hell Comes to Frogtown movie review.

Back