Battlefield 3 preorder DLC boycott.

I totally agree that it's not such big deal. I also happen to think that EA can get away with it.

It's just funny how the DLC ads talk about 'advantage on the battlefield' and at the same time EA is forced to make excuses, like 'the DLC is not essential, it will not affect the balance of the game'. What's the point of it then? I'd rather they sell something that does give you advantage than something they admit does nothing.

Kinda depends whether if any of that dlc breaks game balance, or gives any significant edge, maybe its just cosmetic stuff. Im not super keen on day 1 dlc stuff either though, i dont mind the small DLC:s that come with CE and SE:s but it might/has lead to smaller games with less content for full price.

I don't see what the big deal is... if you want to plunk down $5 to pre-order a game and get a little extra from DICE for doing so, all the more power to you. If you don't, then don't.

Good stuff, I don't mind some tiny added DLC for buying SP games new at times, but when the "DLC" just turns into bigger and better guns and attachments in a MP environment, it's starting to stray too close to one of those shitty "Pay to win" setups.

Back