best post- apoc movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by welsh, Jan 8, 2004.

1. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    Hey, I've already forgotten the trailer to Shutter Island, so I look forward to seeing it.

Still watching Carriers tonight. I expect it to be mediocre, just like every other zombie movie out there.

2. Sicblades

Sicblades Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Aug 28, 2008
    Shaun of the Dead

3. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    Myeah, I guess that one and the Dawn of the Dead remake. Along with 28 days later. 28 weeks later was ok. I also enjoyed Zombieland.

I meant 90% of the yearly zombie/disease movies.

*edit*

Well, watched Carriers. Not really what I expected. Kind of a mix between a teen movie version of The Road and a horribly depressing version of The Stand. Don't know if I can recommend it, but I feel like I have to watch a comedy now...

4. McRae

McRae For sale: clown shoes, never worn Orderite

Dec 9, 2007
  5. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    I thought Carriers was pretty friggin cool.

6. Blakut

Blakut Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 9, 2008
    Yeah, Hardware is a pretty great film...
    Lemmy from Motorhead plays in it, too...

7. dirtbag

dirtbag It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2004
    American Cyborg Steel Warrior must have one of the best titles ever for a post-apok movie! But the film itself sucks...

Good:
    Screamers
    Threads
    The Road
    Hardware
    Six String Samurai
    12 Monkeys
    On the beach (but I only have seen the new, and not the 1959 original)
    Escape From New York
    The Blood Of Heroes
    I Am Legend (apart from the terrible CGI monsters)
    Waterworld (yes I like it 8-) )

Bad:
    Fist Of The North Star (the non-anime movie)
    Escape From LA
    Panic In The Year Zero
    The Postman
    Cyborg
    Cyborg 2

Don't remember if it was good or bad:
    A Boy And His Dog
    Def-Con 4
    Radioactive Dreams
    Some movie with postapocalyptic amazon stuff, don't remember name.

Best ever? I go for Mad Max trilogy with 2 as the best.

Worst ever? Battlefield Earth. :crazy:

8. iridium_ionizer

iridium_ionizer Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 24, 2007
    Amazon river/jungle or Amazonian tribe of women? If it is the latter then perhaps you are referring to She-Wolves of the Wasteland (1988) aka Phoenix the Warrior.

9. Santoka

Santoka It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 8, 2010
    :shock:

More info please !

10. Clever Rat

Clever Rat First time out of the vault

Apr 13, 2010
    How dare you say Cyborg is a bad movie!

Van Damme will kick your ass.

11. Santoka

Santoka It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 8, 2010
    Holy shit it looks horrible. I think I would have watched it only if it had Kevin Sorbo somewhere in the deal...

12. runzu

runzu First time out of the vault

Apr 27, 2010
    I dig some somewhat cheesy apoc titles:

The Tribe (A television about all the adults dying and teens fending on their own)
    The Stand (yes, the miniseries) LOL
    Y - The Last Man (Comic) Was just heart-wrenching and funny!
    Lilith's Brood by Octavia Butler - apocalyptic-ish about humans destroying earth and an alien race coming to save them from their flaws lol 3 book series

13. Professor Danger!

Professor Danger! Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 30, 2009
    And the fact that it's yet another version of the Richard Matheson story that is nothing like the awesome short story, which is a thousand times better than any of the film versions.

14. Brrute

Brrute First time out of the vault

Apr 1, 2010
    I second that emotion, it has the best Van Damme split in movie history, the one where he has positioned between two walls with heels on opposite sides and dispatches the bad guy with a kukri.

Also crusified Van Damme, that is some deep and profound shit. Did Van Damme die for my sins? :)

15. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf eaten by a grue.

Aug 28, 2005
    I recently saw a great PA movie.

And by great I mean "so bad I was laughing hysterically the whole time." :mrgreen:

It's called Land of Doom. Made in 1985. Funny funny funny.

16. Member of Khans

Member of Khans Vault Dweller

Aug 26, 2004
  17. Foilman

Foilman First time out of the vault

Aug 20, 2010
    Sadly I haven't seen many post-apocalyptic movies besides the Mad Max movies and I guess I am Legend falls into the category. I plan to watch The Road heard some good things about that movie!

18. Blakut

Blakut Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 9, 2008
    I like waterworld too. I especially like the fact that it is a post apoc movie that doesn't happen in the desert.

I'll wait for a post apocalyptic movie with snow. There already is a webcomic that does that: post-nuke comic.

19. mobucks

mobucks As a goof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    only read a few posts, lots saying they havent seen a boy and his dog, well, its probably not what you'll expect, but it's good, and the humor, at least for me, is of the kind people rarely get right, but is perfect in this movie.

i thought the postman was good, tom petty was the best actor in it unfortunately.

I will take some hand drawn awesomeness over any of that 3d crap that comes out, the cool thing, and this makes me very excited, is that CGI is just starting to be capable of making live action scenes straight out of the best Animes. You can see the inspiration in movies like Inception. It will only get better.

Anyway, what about Heavy Metal? or its sequel? I think there was some post apoc in one of the stories but i foeget.

Ah, and did anyone mention Tank Girl? Thats probably my #1 right there, i love the style, the humor, the fun, the whole thing.

20. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    The Road, and the Mad Max trilogy... don't see why there's all this hating on Thunderdome???