Bethesda details DLC plans, Honest Hearts coming 17th May

WorstUsernameEver

But best title ever!
In a post on their official blog, Bethesda finally details their plans for the upcoming Fallout: New Vegas DLC. And yes, they finally gave us a date for Honest Hearts: 17th May. Here is the press release:
<blockquote>BETHESDA SOFTWORKS REVEALS DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS™

Three Additional Add-on Packs Releasing in Coming Months
for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Windows PCs

May 3, 2011 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced three downloadable content packs will be released in the coming months for Fallout®: New Vegas™. The three packs will be released simultaneously for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows-based PCs.

Honest Hearts™, Old World Blues™ and Lonesome Road™ will further expand upon Fallout: New Vegas. Fallout: New Vegas takes all the action, humor and post-apocalyptic grime and grit of this legendary series, and raises the stakes.

Available on May 17, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave, you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.

Reviews of Fallout: New Vegas have called the game as “an utterly essential purchase” (MSN UK) and as “addictively, rambunctiously fun” (Entertainment Weekly). The Associated Press awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars and said “Bottom Line: It’s a Blast”, while GameSpy gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars and called Fallout: New Vegas “one of the best games of the year.”

All downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas will be available for download on Xbox LIVE® for 800 Microsoft Points, the PlayStation®Network for $9.99, and both Steam and Direct2Drive for $9.99.

Published by Bethesda Softworks and developed at Obsidian Entertainment, Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, and Fallout: New Vegas have been rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information on Fallout: New Vegas, including the game’s downloadable content, please visit http://fallout.bethsoft.com.</blockquote>

In addition, they've also released the first official screenshot for Honest Hearts:
<center></center>

No canceled DLC, all as planned (and expected). I must admit I'm intrigued by all the concepts, though I kind of hope Old World Blues doesn't reuse the same structure of Dead Money (they've already mentioned kidnappers...).

They sure took their sweet time.

How often is the twitter account updated? I am thinking of following it but I see this news haven't reached it yet

WorstUsernameEver said:
No canceled DLC, all as planned (and expected). I must admit I'm intrigued by all the concepts, though I kind of hope Old World Blues doesn't reuse the same structure of Dead Money (they've already mentioned kidnappers...).

They sure took their sweet time.

I actually hope it will be.

The survival aspect alone made for more interesting/challenging combat/gameplay than the entirity of the maingame. Naturally it still had its faults regarding that but it was atmospheric and good.

C2B said:
I actually hope it will be.

The survival aspect alone made for more interesting/challenging combat/gameplay than the entirity of the maingame. Naturally it still had its faults regarding that but it was atmospheric and good.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Dead Money in spite of a couple of design shortcomings (mostly the same-y environments and a bit of a lack of variety when you are deep into the DLC), I just want to see Obsidian trying different things with all the DLCs. All in all, it's kinda sounding like 2 open-ish DLCs and 2 more linear ones though and if it's like that, I dig it.

Yeah, one thing that's nice about DLCs is that they can try some different stuff with it and I think they definitely will do that. Dead Money was rather uniquely designed and I think they'll try to continue that trend of making each one feel different.

Honest Hearts sounds nice in its set-up and it'll be interesting to see the Burned Man in it.

I do hope that Lonesome Road won't feel overwhelmingly linear but finding out about the mutations in the Mojave should be interesting.

Lonesome Road just sounds sorta bad-ass and I think Avellone's writing skills will make it feel rather "epic" all in all if that's the right word for it.

Re: Bethesda details DLC plans, Honest Hearts coming 17th Ma

WorstUsernameEver said:

Indeed.

Nice pic, too. Reminds me a little of 100 Bullets:

8173121_1.jpg

SO. FUCKING. PSYCHED.

One can never have enough of MCA's fallout.

Now, Honest Hearts and L.A. Noire at the same time? Damn son, damn...

I didn't expected Graham to look like that. Though, I didn't even had any real picture of him in my head. Now as we see him in some police bullet vest and with lots of guns, I wonder what his story will be, considering this seems to be a tribal-based DLC.

/Edit: SLCPD, Salt Lake City Police Department? Graham seems to like long traveling trips.

Guiltyofbeingtrite said:
I wonder if they'll do a Dune like approach subbing Mua'dib with Graham and the Fremen with tribals. Just a thought.

Heh I thought the same thing when I read the description. We´ll see soon enough.

Freaking finally, I can't wait for these to come out.

Lonesome Road is sounding better and better. The Christine ending slide really sold the "epic battle in epic location" thing, and "hurricane swept canyons" sounds like a great location.

Anyone know or care to hazard a guess as to what level you'd need to be for these? The DM lvl cap raise and these descriptions make me think that they'll all be high/very high level adventures.

Also, if these sell well, do you think that they'd ever release any DLC that added to the main Mojave area? Or maybe let us go to AZ or NCR?

I'm pumped for this.

And one a month for three months.

Wonder if they are going to announce any more DLCs?

Maybe do a big one like Point Lookout (my personal fav) to wrap it up?

Starwars said:
Yeah, one thing that's nice about DLCs is that they can try some different stuff with it and I think they definitely will do that. Dead Money was rather uniquely designed and I think they'll try to continue that trend of making each one feel different.

Honest Hearts sounds nice in its set-up and it'll be interesting to see the Burned Man in it.

I do hope that Lonesome Road won't feel overwhelmingly linear but finding out about the mutations in the Mojave should be interesting.

Lonesome Road just sounds sorta bad-ass and I think Avellone's writing skills will make it feel rather "epic" all in all if that's the right word for it.

Well perhaps I will finally dust off New Vegas after all. I can't seem to return to it after trying to finish it for the second time. Dead Money didn't exactly catch my attention, but these look interesting enough.

Incognito said:
Now, Honest Hearts and L.A. Noire at the same time? Damn son, damn...

Honest Hearts, LA Noire and The Witcher 2. I dunno what those guys are thinking.

Funny. I was telling the Dutch Ghost just the other day that for PR reasons they'd probably squeeze the remaining 3 DLC close together. I would guess since the first has been Gold for some time the others are near completion too.

Candlejack said:
How often is the twitter account updated? I am thinking of following it but I see this news haven't reached it yet

We use twitterfeed to auto-update from our RSS. If the newsposter doesn't forget to cache the news it should be on there within 15 minutes or so (guesstimate).

Back