Bethesda fans want MORE aliens - surprised or not?

Don't forget the bridgekeeper encounter. The first time I met him I was not familiar with Monty Pyton...and it was a freaking torture.
I simply asked him "How many levels of the Strong Back perk does the person have?" which resulted in him dying, then I proceeded to take his robes and wore them(since it's basically combat armor) until I was able to get ahold of power armor.

Don't forget the bridgekeeper encounter. The first time I met him I was not familiar with Monty Pyton...and it was a freaking torture.
I simply asked him "How many levels of the Strong Back perk does the person have?" which resulted in him dying, then I proceeded to take his robes and wore them(since it's basically combat armor) until I was able to get ahold of power armor.

Yes yes but like i said back then i didn't really know Monty Pyton.(it wasn't a cult classic here)

So i thought that maybe this was one of those idiot answers that would get me killed lol.

And hey, fallout 2 had alot of those options.

Yes yes but like i said back then i didn't really know Monty Pyton.(it wasn't a cult classic here)

So i thought that maybe this was one of those idiot answers that would get me killed lol.

And hey, fallout 2 had alot of those options.

Yeah I didn't know about Monty Python so I was confused, though watching it after made me laugh all the more.

Well, actually it might have been kind of nice to include some psyker antagonists, like f.e. a decrepit crazy guy squatting in some fine lootable building, looking like Snork from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or something, who can be easily beaten with bare hands, but who, when approached without Psychic Nullifier (which is sold by some wandering scrap merchant under an innocuous name) will lock you into a nightmarish scene (endless corridors, household objects looking like body parts, sludge coming out of walls or hopefully something less banal) with epilepsy-inducing lights and screen vibrating and sickening amounts of motion blur, with the only way to exit being Alt+F4.
Oh, and the last savefile would get corrupted as well.
That would be a very nice joke, I think.

Psykers for protagonist are a no-go, of course.

Well, actually it might have been kind of nice to include some psyker antagonists, like f.e. a decrepit crazy guy squatting in some fine lootable building, looking like Snork from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or something, who can be easily beaten with bare hands, but who, when approached without Psychic Nullifier (which is sold by some wandering scrap merchant under an innocuous name) will lock you into a nightmarish scene (endless corridors, household objects looking like body parts, sludge coming out of walls or hopefully something less banal) with epilepsy-inducing lights and screen vibrating and sickening amounts of motion blur, with the only way to exit being Alt+F4.
Oh, and the last savefile would get corrupted as well.
That would be a very nice joke, I think.

Psykers for protagonist are a no-go, of course.

That would be hellish indeed, and not a very nice joke.

Cause lovecraft is all the rage.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and believe that Bethesda's target demographic for Fallout 4 doesn't know who or what a Lovecraft is and wouldn't even get any reference to that in the first place. The game was written for the lowest common denominator, and the dialogue wheel was made because their target audience is allergic to reading in the first place.

Lovecraft lore is based in that part of the country. That is all there is to it.

And that it seems 'cool'.

Yep Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos are pretty much popular culture now, he isn't obscure as he used to be a while back, only known to a handful of readers/nerds.
Even back then some of the writers imitating him never completely got what the Mythos was about, I can only dread what some contemporary writers and fans make up these days. (though I also get the feeling there are writers who do get it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmicism

Cause lovecraft is all the rage.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and believe that Bethesda's target demographic for Fallout 4 doesn't know who or what a Lovecraft is and wouldn't even get any reference to that in the first place. The game was written for the lowest common denominator, and the dialogue wheel was made because their target audience is allergic to reading in the first place.

Lovecraft lore is based in that part of the country. That is all there is to it.

And that it seems 'cool'.

Yep Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos are pretty much popular culture now, he isn't obscure as he used to be a while back, only known to a handful of readers/nerds.
Even back then some of the writers imitating him never completely got what the Mythos was about, I can only dread what some contemporary writers and fans make up these days. (though I also get the feeling there are writers who do get it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmicism

Bethesda, of all companies, portraying the trials and themes of being an insignificant and inconsequential speck on existence?

Bethesda "Power Fantasies" Game Studios?

I'm thinking more like: Legendary Alpha Great Old One which is basically a reskinned Deathclaw to look like a giant man-octopus with wings, and defeating it gets you a Dark Flaming Dagger of The Elder Gods. Beating an entity of mythos with power armour and miniguns - sounds about right.

Back