Bethesda fans want MORE aliens - surprised or not?

But other named characters aren't immortal. I mean, yo ucan kill elder Mckelmore on his Blimp and he actually has a role on the story. But if you try to shoot down Sturges, the Longs and Mama Murphy they just go unconcious...

They are essential so you can have named NPC's standing around Sanctuary doing bullshit like not repairing the houses you are living in and leaving dead bodies in the street.

I had always thought psykers was a riff of the psychic humans from the second or third, planet of the apes movie. It was a small reference, not unlike the leather jacket or the blade runner/.223 pistol.

Small, scattered amounts that are mostly randomized is ok. But as usual, Beth goes too far.

Honestly I don't have much of a problem with psykers. As long as they are not an option for the game - no players with Jedi mind tricks please ...

However, psykers should be always dealing with some kind of severe mental condition, like paranoia, shyzophrenia or something like that. Hardly someone you can talk to, or even really understand. So even if they could see the feature, their premise would be that what they say is so cryptic, that no one can decipher it, and thus, their visions are useless. The Cassandra metaphor.

I know some people don't like 2's wackiness, but I've never seen anyone complain about Hakunin specifically. It's annoying.

Granted, Murphy's a lot more annoying than Hakunin, but still.

I know some people don't like 2's wackiness, but I've never seen anyone complain about Hakunin specifically. It's annoying.

Hakunin was fine apart from the weird telepathy shit.

But by all means, let's throw in fairies, spells and other crap

Thanks to Cabot quest, magic goo from an elder scrolls helmet that lets you live forever and have telekinetic powers is now officially Fallout lore according to Bethesda.

Thanks to Cabot quest, magic goo from an elder scrolls helmet that lets you live forever and have telekinetic powers is now officially Fallout lore according to Bethesda.

Yeah, it pretty much is beyond salvation. At least we can have fun mocking the hell out of it :D

And those who refer to Hakunin or Sulik's grampy bone, or whatever...
I myself have put *hints* of supernatural elements into my writings, despite having an otherwise staunchly atheistic approach. I do this for shits and giggles, when there's room for it - which is very rare, but not as rare as never.

This is what FO1 and FO2 did - they took the oportunity to throw a lil fun in here and there, like how you can talk back to Hakunin, or how the Master attacks your very mind in the final battle in Fallout 1 - the knowledge that he was damaging my brain from afar, it made for a very cool ending, realism be damned

But when new authors take over, this very finely tuned balance is at serious risk. Bethesda really ran with a lot of the story elements, showing repeated signs of misunderstanding the importance and impact of the various elements.

One little alien blaster, one little crashed Star Trek ship, and Beth RUNS with it :D
I'm surprised they didn't run along with the "holy handgrenade" while at it, make a serious faction out of the "king arthur's knights", or the giant talking head in the sand

How about a crashed-whale DLC canonizing Douglas Adam's universe

Oh shit, I'm giving Beth ideas now, ain't I? D:

Yeah, it pretty much is beyond salvation. At least we can have fun mocking the hell out of it :D

I myself have put *hints* of supernatural elements into my writings, despite having an otherwise staunchly atheistic approach. I do this for shits and giggles, when there's room for it - which is very rare, but not as rare as never.

This is what FO1 and FO2 did - they took the oportunity to throw a lil fun in here and there, like how you can talk back to Hakunin, or how the Master attacks your very mind in the final battle in Fallout 1 - the knowledge that he was damaging my brain from afar, it made for a very cool ending, realism be damned

But when new authors take over, this very finely tuned balance is at serious risk. Bethesda really ran with a lot of the story elements, showing repeated signs of misunderstanding the importance and impact of the various elements.

One little alien blaster, one little crashed Star Trek ship, and Beth RUNS with it :D
I'm surprised they didn't run along with the "holy handgrenade" while at it, make a serious faction out of the "king arthur's knights", or the giant talking head in the sand

Nah, they won't take them seriously!
Most people before Mothership Zeta.

Fuck they did it.
Most people after Mothership Zeta.

Well how else did the fuzzy painting get in the flying saucer? Huh? HUH?!

tumblr_n83l0ls1Im1qa0nplo1_500.jpg

Not surprised. There was a poll on Reddit a few days ago that was made to see what DLC people wanted the most. Alien DLC was somewhat popular but strangely a Cthulu DLC was #1.. I really can't imagine such a DLC..

Point Lookout DLC with a heavier Innsmouth Look vibe, maybe?

I can't remember if there was anything Lovecraftian in the original games.

Also, were there any actual non-joke aliens in the originals either? There were the enemies called aliens, but I think they were just mutants iirc.

Magic! Let's face it, magic was always part of the franchise, the Master was psychic, and you're all just being old grumps about it, besides, it would be fucking awesome to shoot fireballs, electric bolts, or frost-damage (where did I see that before? Doesn't matter!).
Honestly, I think that a glove/powerfist that has been reworked with pieces/design of a Pulse Gun which allows you to shoot electricity from it would be kinda cool. Same with a glove that could shoot fire. It's not really too far out of this world. The back of the hand would have the uh.. Exhaust pipes? Or whatever they're called, which trigger when you squeeze down a pad on the palm of your hand with your fingers. The exhaust pipes would have tubes that run up to the forearm which is strapped with a row of napalm cannisters.

The reason why someone would create something like this is for the convenience. A gun? You'd need to hold the gun in your hand at all times in order to whip it out as quickly as you would this... Fire-glove (gonna need a better name). Like, imagine someone walking into a bar, and they want to be inconspicuous, right? Then what would be more inconspicuous, a pistol, revolve, plasma rifle, rocket launcher or a glove? The sleeves would roll over the cannisters, hiding them away. Someone picks a fight with this dude and before they know it their head is gonna be on fire.

Gameplay-wise, it's meant to be quick, easy to move around with, easy to target enemies with but a pain in the ass to reload and it'll run out of juice right quick.
Realism-wise, it's meant to be a hidden weapon that allows the user to quickly defend himself and to shock and stun his enemies with the sudden blast of fire.

Essentially, it would allow you to "shoot fire out of your hands". Which ain't magic, but yknow, jazz-hands of destruction yo.

However, I do 'not' think that every type should have a glove variant. Fire for the common man and a tesla/pulse one for some high-tech faction and that's it.
Still, I think it'd be a cool weapon, it just shouldn't be a very common weapon. And no "fireballs". Or shit like that.

I can't remember if there was anything Lovecraftian in the original games.

Also, were there any actual non-joke aliens in the originals either? There were the enemies called aliens, but I think they were just mutants iirc.

Skynet in Sierra Army Depot had some terminal entries that claim it was based on alien technology.

If you remember that you're talking about people who put a Flamer of Freezing and a Wooden Board of Freezing as serious weapons in Fallout 4, it makes more sense that they did this.

Meh, at this point Fallout 5 could as well feature giant flying death claws with fire and ice breath. The protagonist, beeing a special vault dveller could also shoot fire, ice and some kind of force-push with his voice, granted by radiation/mutation. By killing those flying death claws he could gain new perks, called mutations! In death claw tongue, his name would be the Dovadveller!

The cliche trope of the "old spiritual lady who can see the future especially through drugs" (or man for that matter) needs to go away. The writers for Fallout 4 seem to have had a book of cliches and threw it at the game engine and called it a day.

I'm really hoping for a spin-off rather than waiting another 7 years for a better Fallout only to see more failure.

Hakunin at least fit into the whole primitive tribal village setting, and you had multiple ways of telling him where he could shove his weird sayings if you so desired.

Meh, at this point Fallout 5 could as well feature giant flying death claws with fire and ice breath. The protagonist, beeing a special vault dveller could also shoot fire, ice and some kind of force-push with his voice, granted by radiation/mutation. By killing those flying death claws he could gain new perks, called mutations! In death claw tongue, his name would be the Dovadveller!

And his mission is to Alduin, the great deathclaw who threatens the land, while the BOS and another version of BOS, at war... do nothing.

What was even the point of giving those clowns in Concord names? They have no stories, when I try to talk to Sturges he either loops one of his generic lines or just tells me he is busy with no dialogue choices, Marcy Long and her Husband just give me the option to give them weapons and that's it.... why are they essential?

The Minutemen are the fallback faction. If you manage to piss every other faction off, they're basically the Yes Man substitute. They ensure that no matter how dumb the player is, they can't fail the main quest.

Don't forget the bridgekeeper encounter. The first time I met him I was not familiar with Monty Pyton...and it was a freaking torture.

Back