Bethesda registers new domain, signs point to F4

They did take some baby steps with skyrim, so there's a glimmer of hope that it won't be on the same level of stupidity as Fallout 3. Perhaps more, as it seems that Bethesda had their lowest point in Oblivion/Fallout 3. If it's at least as fun as skyrim and it's still on the east coast I won't really mind it I think unless it really steps on the Fallout spirit again as much as 3, but they would have to go out of their way to find other things to ruin.

I never finished Sky rim, but I'll admit it was more intriguing than F3. Maybe they've learned but I'm not holding my breath.

What are the chances that it isn't really Fallout, and some new IP beth/zenimax want to play with?

BarackSays said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1qm67j/bethesda_registers_new_domain/

Personally, I'm not so sure. Actually, I'm really sure F4 will be horrid. Bethesda can't fucking write. Why can't anyone see that? I guess we'll just have to be thankful for NV, because that's the best we'll ever get.

Heres to hoping it isn't so god damned linear! But anyway until they demo it on December 11th I can't make any assumptions on the quality.

2016 Fallout New Vegas 2?

Bethesda CAN be good writers. All of Morrowind, and a lot of Oblivion content- namely Shivering Isles, which was sublime, were well-written.

Again, I'm going to put faith into them. The Pitt and Point Lookout were both solid DLCs.

Hell. Even if I'm wrong, this campaign is INCREDIBLE. Those sound files...

I'm hoping it's real. I didn't like Fallout 3 as much as New Vegas because it was too linear and stilted and way out of sync with the rest of the series, but hopefully Bethesda's writing team will have taken some tips from Obsidian and they'll try to emulate the things that worked for them. Hopefully we won't be boxed into a pre-made backstory and forced into a recycled plot.

But even if this possible new game ends up being 'Fallout 1 With a Better Engine' again, I'll still probably buy it and play 200+ hours.

*shrug* Fallout is Fallout.

Meh I am pretty sure that Bethesda will not disappoint me and create a Fallout 4 that is not anywhere near the level of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

And of course I am sure the Bethesda fans will not disappoint me with insulting me for not worshipping Bethesda too and failing to recognize the brilliance that is Fallout 4.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Meh I am pretty sure that Bethesda will not disappoint me and create a Fallout 4 that is not anywhere near the level of Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

And of course I am sure the Bethesda fans will not disappoint me with insulting me for not worshipping Bethesda too and failing to recognize the brilliance that is Fallout 4.
Would you like more cheese with that whine?

mevernore said:
The Dutch Ghost said:

Would you like more cheese with that whine?

It's not a whine, it's pretty spot on. Beth doesn't seem to understand that a difficulty setting of "Hard" should actually be that. Or that making it so you can get every skill to max, open every door and follow every mission path means that in the end, you haven't made an RPG, you made a console game with an RPG skin.

Skyrim was particularly bad in this respect, being able to become the head of every guild in the world is just ridic, and the manner was so easy as to beggar belief: Oh you showed up yesterday, didn't you? Well just finish these 3 fetch quests and we'll give you the Archmage mantle! :shudder:

Still, they make a pretty game, maybe one day they'll figure out the other elements? Hope springs eternal...

Back