Bethesda's Fallout vs Black Isle Studio's Fallout

OK, so the first entry in the series did lumber you with a fairly strict time limit during its first half

Did anybody ever have have a problem with that time limit? I dragged so much ass on my first time though and I still had 3 months left when I got the chip. So I hate when they act like you had a week to get it.

TheGM said:
OK, so the first entry in the series did lumber you with a fairly strict time limit during its first half

Did anybody ever have have a problem with that time limit? I dragged so much as on my first time though and I still had 3 months left when I got the chip. So I ahte when they act like you had a week to get it.

I vaguely remember being on the line.. perhaps. I think I tipped over the invisible time limit and then reloaded to a prior save that gave me more than enough to get the job done..

'Course, I could be mistaken. It was a long time ago.

I played Fallout about 300 times and I have never crossed the limit.

lewis said:
so the voices are happier and have a less darker fealing. looks like this as manage to leak imself inside fallout 3 now, the wasteland its not a happy place its man made hell.
Because people like Tandy, Aradesh, Robin, Killian and Harol were totally dark and unhappy.

I swear, Ausir is stalking us, waiting for us to spell Moira wrong. Are you in love with the NPC or something?

I hope there is a man named Patrick in the game. I want to kill him and Moira.

Sorrow said:
Because people like Tandy, Aradesh, Robin, Killian and Harol were totally dark and unhappy.

Harold is the only one out of that set that you could describe as cheerful. Oh and post-adventure Tandi.

shihonage said:
That does it, then. I'm always going to make my character look as close to Liam Neeson as humanly possible.

really? the immediate solution in my head was to make my character look as close to Sydney Bristow as possible. :wiggle:

TheGM said:

Did anybody ever have have a problem with that time limit? I dragged so much ass on my first time though and I still had 3 months left when I got the chip. So I hate when they act like you had a week to get it.
Once, but since you could pay the water mechants for 100 extra days (an unlimited number of times I might add) it didn't end up being a problem.

Maybe they're saving the good voice acting for the more important characters. The father's voice acting wasn't all too bad.

I cannot believe that Beth managed to screw up the voice acting all over again. What happened to them after Morrowind?

What makes the dialogue even more grating and painful is that you're forced to lock on to the NPC while they over/under-deliver their lines. Seriously, who at Beth is letting their eight-year-old direct the voice acting!?

TwinkieGorilla said:
really? the immediate solution in my head was to make my character look as close to Sydney Bristow as possible. :wiggle:

That accomplishes nothing toward the goal of making the Father look like Liam Neeson.

Probably because I'm a huge fan of jRPG's, I've never minded reading text in games.

I've found that most of the time video game voice acting is so brutal, that I'd rather be reading it anyway.

In MW Beth found a nice balance of speaking actors and reading, I thought. Oblivion was painful at times (especially when you'd get 2 voice actors performing the same NPC).

FO3 seems to be a tad brutal as well.

rcorporon said:
Probably because I'm a huge fan of jRPG's, I've never minded reading text in games.

I've found that most of the time video game voice acting is so brutal, that I'd rather be reading it anyway.
Same here, except that I don't play jRPGs :P .
I find having to wait until the actor stops reading the text annoying. I don't think I would like talking with people in Fallout as much as I did if more of them would have talking heads.

So is heavy cavalry. The fact it's an older idea doesn't mean it fits the setting.

For me, it fits the setting. I didn't realize Fallout had 50s vibe until I read it on the internet. For a non-american, it wasn't really that obvious as some would have wanted to.

P.S. I don't really care about heavy cavalry in FO world, but I recall seeing a chariot-like vehicle in Van Buren's concept art and some mention of Roman legions.

taag said:
For me, it fits the setting. I didn't realize Fallout had 50s vibe until I read it on the internet. For a non-american, it wasn't really that obvious as some would have wanted to.

P.S. I don't really care about heavy cavalry in FO world, but I recall seeing a chariot-like vehicle in Van Buren's concept art and some mention of Roman legions.

Ahh Ceaser's Legion.

The most badassest Faction ever!

I can see a Andriod being in there.

I'm pointing out the flawed reasoning you employed in your previous post, not asking your opinion.

Back