Bill S.978: The End of Let's Plays and Gaming Streams?

I could've sworn there was something written into this bill that said you could do streams of games and such as long as you weren't making money off it.

Ausdoerrt said:
It's not like the law will automatically ban LPs. That's not what it says or even intends to do. But it's dangerously open. My guess is that lps will keep being made for a while after the law's passed, until the time when some company makes a dick move and sues a guy for an LP or similar stream, so that everyone else will decide it's not worth it.

I don't think companies mind when you do LPs, it's like free advertising. Hell, Valve even has achievements in Team Fortress 2 for getting a certain number of views on TF2 videos on Youtube.

I think the issue is not with those that feel "OK" about it but those which not want it - You know those videos that show some gameplay, together with glitches, bugs or just in general being a negative review.

I would not be surprised if the one or other publisher would try to do something against that.

So by saying that. I find many of those laws pretty stupid. I mean it is not like someone gets harmed. I think people just express their opinion in one way or another. Same when they do videos using music they legally bought. I find that is a part of artistic expression.

Back