Bombs over Boston

So turn off the cable TV news and listen to NPR instead.
It's much better, no commercials, and a lot less "noise". Screw Fox and MSNBC, cable news is the pits.

Sander said:
Cimmerian Nights said:
Dude, it didn't take long for this thread to devolve into the usual pedantic litany (from founding fathers' slaves, Kissinger, Dresden? and NASA's culpability for starving African kids) of American transgressions, and how they are responsible for radicalizing these poor victims. Turns out these suspects were taken into America as Chechen refugees, taken care of pretty well, given scholarships, lived in Cambridge, the most liberal and welcoming city in the country.

Some serious denial here about what is the root of the radicalization.
I didn't really read that in this thread, but that's not really the point we were talking about either. That was about directly blaming right-wing, conservative Christians for the bombings -- which didn't happen.

There's also a point that acknowledging that there are a lot of factors that lead to America becoming a target, some of those factors being of American making, does not mean that you're "blaming" the USA.
I never mentioned blame or rednecks, and could care less one way or the other.

I'm talking about how bombing a charity marathon is now the inevitable byproduct of American foreign policy and how it radicalized these kids. Except that's bullshit because they didn't experience any American aggression, and were taken care of pretty well in the US it seems.

Something else is the root of the radicalism here. If terrorism is the inevitable response to American aggression why is it the Japanese, Korean, Viet Namese or Filipinos never bombed marathons?

People need to stop being in denial about radical strains (not all or mainstream) Islam. These guys need to get laid more I think, because the whole bombing people because of cartoons mentality make them look kind of nutty. Cartoons!

Cimmerian Nights said:
People need to stop being in denial about radical strains (not all or mainstream) Islam.
I'll be honest about it. It's a murder cult.

BTW, this was about the most pathetic failure of a terrorist attack I can remember. They killed a little kid, a friendly-looking young lady, a cute Chinese grad student, a cop, and injured a bunch of other people, and accomplished nothing but uniting everyone in the opinion that they're a couple of spoiled a-holes.

Kudos to their relatives here for not defending them.

DammitBoy said:
Bullshit. The mainstream media was hoping and praying it was fat white tea party racists behind the blasts. They came right out and said it on CNN, MSNBC, and Salon.com
[spoiler:25752657d0]
547823_571217636242122_676766984_n.jpg
[/spoiler:25752657d0]
(spoiler tags added by me)

Let's see...

Chris Matthews was speculating that the bombings were domestic terrorism, but his statement about domestic terrorism tending to be on the far right wasn't about the Boston bombing in particular being done by a right-wing organization (though the implication is obviously there, admittedly). I'll give you a half-point on this one.

Lawrence O'Donnell was complaining about NRA lobbyists blocking the requirement of using "taggants" in gunpowder to aid investigations into bombings. "Taggants" would certainly make it easier to trace the origin of any bomb using gunpowder (not that that necessarily means it should be legally mandated). In any case, the point here is that Mr. O'Donnell wasn't blaming the bombing on the NRA or any right-wing organization. Zero points.

Michael Moore -- uh, since when is Michael Moore part of the "mainstream media" or someone relevant. Even liberals don't take him seriously. Zero points.

Jay Mohr (the actor blaming the Boston attack on gun culture) sending a tweet certainly cannot count as "mainstream media" nor as someone relevant. Zero points.

David Sirota's piece wasn't blaming white right-wingers for the bombing. You'll have to actually read his article because I have no interest in trying to paraphrase it here, but again, he was not blaming white right-wingers for the attack. Hell, nothing about it even mentioned right-wingers or Christians, it was just about white dudes in general. Zero points.

Peter Bergen does seem to have been trying to find a way to pin the bombings on right-wing extremists. I'll give you a full point here.

So, with your graphic of "mainstream media" trying to blame white pro-gun conservative Christians, you get 1.5/6. Eh, can't say I see an overall trend of "mainstream media [...] hoping and praying it was fat white tea party racists behind the blasts". Please realize that no one takes actors' views on politics seriously, nor does anyone take Michael Moore seriously. Not even most left-wingers. Especially not Michael Moore.

Funny that Michael Moore is in there anyway, since he lost a lot of credibility, or well whats left of it anyway. By now now everyone knows that hes a nutjob who just wanted to get money from his polemic.

Propaganda exists on all sides.

Kyuu said:
So, with your graphic of "mainstream media" trying to blame white pro-gun conservative Christians, you get 1.5/6. Eh, can't say I see an overall trend of "mainstream media [...] hoping and praying it was fat white tea party racists behind the blasts". Please realize that no one takes actors' views on politics seriously, nor does anyone take Michael Moore seriously. Not even most left-wingers. Especially not Michael Moore.

Sirota is not the only liberal media commentator to attempt to politicize Monday’s tragedy. CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer speculated on a link between Patriots Day and the motive behind the bombings, while NBC News reporter Luke Russert speculated that the 1993 Waco siege, which occurred on Patriots Day, might have inspired a right-wing terrorist in Boston.

You're either retarded or in denial if you think the liberal media was not in love with the idea of the bombers being angry white tea party racists.

DammitBoy said:
Sirota is not the only liberal media commentator to attempt to politicize Monday’s tragedy. CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer speculated on a link between Patriots Day and the motive behind the bombings, while NBC News reporter Luke Russert speculated that the 1993 Waco siege, which occurred on Patriots Day, might have inspired a right-wing terrorist in Boston.

You're either retarded or in denial if you think the liberal media was not in love with the idea of the bombers being angry white tea party racists.
Oh hey, a few people speculated about possible terrorists and that speculation included more people than just muslims.

OH MY GOD THEY'RE PUSHING RIGHT-WING HATE

pretty much the only channel that was like "bombs? we think? went off and we don't know shit" was fucking sportscenter

espn had the least speculative, least biased news coverage what does this say to you

So, after the interrogations, the Boston bombing incident looks like a monstrous manifest of stupidity to me. The young bomber did not had any serious reason, he's not a member of any terrorist group, nor a mercenary. Just a stupid kid suffering from some islamic brainwashing, that's pretty sad.

valcik said:
So, after the interrogations, the Boston bombing incident looks like a monstrous manifest of stupidity to me. The young bomber did not had any serious reason, he's not a member of any terrorist group, nor a mercenary. Just a stupid kid suffering from some islamic brainwashing, that's pretty sad.

The conspiracy theorists have been busy as well. Beware that among the pictures there's a morgue photo of the dead brother's body on a slab. Could be disturbing for some. Here's the link.

The title, Boston Truth Revealed, is not very promising and some of the material is propagandaish (the Obama quotes for example), but the motive sounds more plausible than the kid's and the photo material is interesting, especially the timing part. This thing is fairly popular outside of the US as I've come to understand õ_o What do you think?

I wouldn't take these as gospel, but if those pics aren't photoshopped then ya it's a little iffy. I've always thought it very weird that they would attack the Boston Marathon, of all things. But then, even assuming the false flag is true which is one hell of a long shot, what's the damn point?

UniversalWolf said:
Cimmerian Nights said:
People need to stop being in denial about radical strains (not all or mainstream) Islam.
I'll be honest about it. It's a murder cult.

BTW, this was about the most pathetic failure of a terrorist attack I can remember. They killed a little kid, a friendly-looking young lady, a cute Chinese grad student, a cop, and injured a bunch of other people, and accomplished nothing but uniting everyone in the opinion that they're a couple of spoiled a-holes.

Kudos to their relatives here for not defending them.

Sweden had it's first terror attack a few years ago.. The guy managed to blow himself up and damage som property :clap:
Darwin award incomming? :lol:

Still sad, though... All of that is sick shit. Man, I'm reading various things about the Boston bombings and everyone's got their own theory of why, what and how it went down.

Gaspard said:
Still sad, though... All of that is sick shit. Man, I'm reading various things about the Boston bombings and everyone's got their own theory of why, what and how it went down.
It was two muslim extremists who wanted to murder some folk and cause carnage. It isn't complicated.

All those conspiracy theories are just lulz and insane and rely on a whole bunch of bullshit. Framing's a fun thing: take an innocent photo, look for things you can maybe interpret as suspicious and then reinforce, reinforce, reinforce. Boom, conspiracy theory!

True that. Last thing I read started up OK, but ended up labeling all Muslims inherently evil :lol: OK, I'm giving up.

I find it hard to believe elite mercenaries or government special forces would wear a hat with their insignia while on a super secret black ops mission.

valcik said:
So, after the interrogations, the Boston bombing incident looks like a monstrous manifest of stupidity to me.

As opposed to all the super smart awesome terrorist bombings? :|

DB:
Nope. I consider all the bombers equally stupid, inhuman and pointless. Still some of those guys are fighting for something, while those two in Boston did it without any purpose as it seems. That really baffles me.

valcik said:
...without any purpose as it seems. That really baffles me.

is it perhaps because you're an atheist? I'm sure it made a whole lot of sense to him, esp when you take into account his cultural heritage as well.

In comparison what baffled me was Breivik as he's a boring white dude who grew up in the system and then then decided to fight the system in such a way. And all the Norwegian psychologists who evaluated him call him sane õ_o

valcik said:
DB:
Nope. I consider all the bombers equally stupid, inhuman and pointless. Still some of those guys are fighting for something, while those two in Boston did it without any purpose as it seems. That really baffles me.

The older brother for whatever reason inside his pointy head, decided to become a radical jihadist. Somewhere along the line he found a source in russia to help him with his goals. He spent six months in Russia training with an al queda group, learned how to make his bombs and then came back to the U.S. where he decided to involve his younger brother.

He felt he was fighting for his religion like any other muslim jihadist. What's baffling about that?

Yup, religious fundamentalism is a pretty dangerous thing, especially when a naive young kids are abused as a bombers or suicide attackers. Bloody stupid humans and their bloodthirsty gods, thanks to them even 21st century looks like the middle ages sometimes.

edit:
Still I can understand some personal reasons to some extent - revenge for a family member killed by occupants, being tortured, or so. Which is not the case in Boston.

Back