Brian Fargo on Wasteland 2's development schedule

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
The RPGCodex offers some comments from Brian Fargo outlining some of Wasteland 2's development scheduling.<blockquote>"The best production process is pretty fluid", Brian Fargo told us via email, "so I hate to commit to exactly how things roll out but I can tell you that 90% of the writing/design will happen by October. Scripting will start in about a month from now on the levels that are done. I plan to have all levels in and scripted by April thus leaving another 6 months for iteration and play test. The only reason we have the ability to have an accelerated production schedule is that the tools and user generated assets offer us a huge head start over the old ways of doing things. In addition, I am not having to make milestones to prove we are making progress which shaves another 25%. But I have been offered an fantastic and unique opportunity to make something special with Wasteland so I will not let the game go it isn't ready and I will have lots of beta testers to make sure that doesn't happen."</blockquote>He also comments on the feedback of the pre-alpha screenshot.

Sub-Human said:
Sounds interesting. Also hoping they're taking their time with it.

That is one of my main concerns. I hope we don't get a rushed product. I suppose that is the main reason for the usage of Unity assets.

Its almost like this is a modding project.... yet the only difference is, they will actually deliver. hahaha So sad that most mods started never get completed.

Back