Bring on Iran

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Professor Danger!, Feb 12, 2010.

1. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    Wow, sounds like Germany, Japan, France, England, Russia, Spain, Portugal, should I name more?

2. CloudlessDruid

CloudlessDruid Not a Soviet Droid Orderite

Oct 11, 2008
    sure, the middle east was a great interventionist power, back there in the middle ages. Latin America was a great power too, after all, the Native people from the americas were as interventionist as the US.

I dont really see where the argument that the US is messing just in places that did it in the past fit.

3. Professor Danger!

Professor Danger! Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 30, 2009
    X2.

It's funny when people bitch and complain about the so-called "Imperialism" of America and how awful we are, when pretty much every large and/or "superpower" country in the entire world and all throughout history has done the same thing and worse in some cases.

And I'm looking at you too, England. And your "Imperialist" little colonies.

4. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    Yes. People don't seem to be be able to grasp the notion that other countries do bad things.

5. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009

X2.

It's funny when people bitch and complain about the so-called "Imperialism" of America and how awful we are, when pretty much every large and/or "superpower" country in the entire world and all throughout history has done the same thing and worse in some cases.

And I'm looking at you too, England. And your "Imperialist" little colonies.

6. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Don't double post. And definitely don't triple post. EDIT.

Also, you're taking a different road entirely. This does not give the US a carte blanche for doing whatever the fuck they like in foreign relations. The US has done plenty despicable things (Nicaragua, general South-American dictators, Cuba, Afghanistan ('80s), Iraq ('00s)). They're no saints, but they're no devils either.

7. CloudlessDruid

Oct 11, 2008
    I mean like latin america in the 60s. And middle east now. There was never really a good reason for the US did what it did on Latin America, and besides the Ottoman Empire, I cant think on another almost-recent empire in the middle east

So other countries doing shit is a good reason for anyone else doing it too?

edit:
    absolutely agreed, I am definitely not an ANTI AMERICAN BRAZILIAN KILL THE GRINGOS. But sometimes I feel some people just think "we're saints, and we're no devils", and thats absolutely wrong.

8. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    I'm not saying that America is "good". Sure they've done some awful things. And i'm not saying they can do whatever they want. As far as i'm concerned America ISN'T doing anything it wants. Well, maybe if we invade Iran...

All i'm saying is that it's ridiculous that people paint America as the big Devil. The bad guy. When it's quite possible that their own country is or have done the same thing.

No. Who is saying that?

Still there are countries that do bad and some countries (i.e., America) that sure...do bad but they also do good.

"Evil acts" from other countries doesn't justify doing evil. It also doesn't justify America being painted as the greatest evil the world has seen from the eyes of people abroad.

9. CloudlessDruid

Oct 11, 2008
    well, we are saying the same thing, but you are putting emphasis in "america are not saints, but we ARE NOT the bad guys." , and I am putting in "america ARE NOT saints, but they are not the worse people in the world"

10. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    It is called learning from your past.

It is also called competition.

And whats the best lesson the past has taught us?

Simple, look at the many countries picked on in the past BECAUSE they were not strong.

11. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    But you still believe America to be "bad"?

12. CloudlessDruid

Oct 11, 2008
    why "do you still?" I never believed that.

"so we got strong now, we are not going to be bullied anymore. Lets bully someone else now and get the spoils of war!"

correct me if I am wrong, but thats what I am understanding from you.

13. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    The problem is there are plenty of what you call "BAD GUYS", (I call them countries that want to be strong).

Thus, if one wants to competitive, one needs to be strong. The EU was the product of a need to compete with other strong players.

14. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    Uh no. At no point did I mention whether what we did is correct. Has a hedgemon been ever "correct"? I think not.

The US is run by corporate fatcats who only care about the almighty dollar.

My problem is the fact that all people want to do is bitch about America. There are four other players that make up the permanent security council who are also called "superpowers".

15. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    I wasn't saying you were. I was asking if you believe it. Just a question.

16. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Seriously, people, stop double posting. Edit buttons exist for a reason.

Also, the fact that others do worse things does not mean you can't criticise people for doing bad things.

17. CloudlessDruid

Oct 11, 2008
    although LAZORS WEAPONS was the beginning of this topic, I dont think that the US is wrong in keep arming themselfs and researching new weapons technologies.. They REALLY need to keep their superiority while they can, and I dont disagree not even a bit with that. What I disagree is using that superiority to get advantage on other countries who cannot exactly defend themselfs, and are not even 'major players' using the pretext to "protect democracy"

18. Professor Danger!

Aug 30, 2009
    Sure. That's fine. Nothing wrong with criticizing. Demonizing, not so much.

What country are we involved in now that hasn't been able to defend themselves against us?

They seem to be doing quite well with it.

19. DarkCorp

Oct 27, 2003
    Well the Soviet Union had fucked things up good and proper as well in S. America. Hell, the Soviet Union fucked shit up everywhere. Soviet Union was Americas main competitor.

Don't really know what we are in Iraq for since oil prices were at its highest during the war and even after "winning". I assume its part of the battle by proxy strategy. Its just like the Contras and the Sandanistas or the Russia Georgia war or Israel VS the Palistinians.

It sucks little countries get affected by these dick swinging contests. The thing is though these things have happened and WILL continue to happen. Once again, its all about competition.

I don't mind criticism, just make sure you criticise everyone whos guilty. Otherwise its just propaganda.

20. CloudlessDruid

Oct 11, 2008
    I can't name a single dictator or military government who was supported by the soviet union in south america in this period. The soviet union may have even tried to put some puppet government in charge here, but they definitely were not successful.