Buy the originals!

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Yeah, this one is out there, isn't it? But with Fallout 3 hitting us all smack-dab in the face, it's important to remind our influx of readers that this is - in fact - a sequel, and the originals are pretty good. And this one is also for the golden oldies amongst you who lost or scratched up your Fallout discs.

Good Old Games has moved from closed to open beta (read: launched) and anyone is now free to sign up and purchase the classic games they've made available.

NMA is taking this unique opportunity to work with Good Old Games in promoting Fallout to the masses and the elites, and will be running a some ads for Fallout 1, 2 and even Tactics, each available DRM-free with a fixed-up installation procedure for XP/Vista at 5.99 USD.
Apologies if the banners bother you a bit. And we remind everyone: Fallout 1/2/Tactics are being sold by Interplay, not Bethesda.

I don't know about you guys but the new game just makes my old-game-fingers itch.

I already bought them at GOG, tho'. But if you were thinkin' of pickin' them up, please do (via the above link, as that also helps support NMA)

Maybe I will buy them again.

To offset my negative karma from getting Fallout 3.

Which is currently installing.

If you don't hear from me for a while, you know why.

Also, if you buy either one of FO 1 & 2 at GOG - you can download the entire Fallout Bible in one volume (200+ pages) with a foreward by Chris Avellone

I already have two original Fallout disks. I'd buy another one only if it was a boxed version with full manual.

Sorrow said:
I already have two original Fallout disks. I'd buy another one only if it was a boxed version with full manual.

I saw one going on eBay for about 100 dollars. Both FO1 and FO2.

FOOL, I think, has already secured enough external funding to last a while (if spent even remotely correctly).

These games probably will provide very little profit to Interplay.

Brother None said:
NMA is taking this unique opportunity to work with Good Old Games in promoting Fallout to the masses and the elites, and will be running a ...

:lol:

I've been holding off because I have all three, though the original only in Polish, if it'll support NMA, I might get Numero Uno once more for the "definitive" experience. Been some time.

(Unless someone knows of a free 'Englifying' patch)

Sicblades said:
Sorrow said:

I saw one going on eBay for about 100 dollars. Both FO1 and FO2.
No, thanks. I meant a decent re-edition, not a bargain-bin-style one.

I'll probably buy them from GOG to have a second copy of each, just in case. 6 bucks each can't complain too much.

FeelTheRads said:
What's the promotion? They were 6 bucks each during the beta too.

Wrong choice of words, I didn't mean "promotion" as in "sale", but more as in "NMA is promoting it". Confusing choice of words, so I'll just call it ad campaign instead.

It's not cheaper for you in any way, no, but...er...it helps fund NMA for future projects (doing mod contests, stuff like that) and, err, that's good :ok:

FTR said:
Oh, and more importantly: will buying these support the development of FOOL?

Money from sales of the originals goes to Interplay, yes.

No, thanks. I meant a decent re-edition, not a bargain-bin-style one.

The fuck? "Re-editions" don't have no manual and I'm sure sicblades meant the original, big boxed editions which easily go over 100 USD each on ebay.

FeelTheRads said:
The fuck? "Re-editions" don't have no manual and I'm sure sicblades meant the original, big boxed editions which easily go over 100 USD each on ebay.

Yeah that's what I meant. Wish I could pour that much cash onto them... I was only 11 and 12 when those came out, I wouldn't have had a clue of Fallout.

I know. And I was talking about what re-edition I would buy, not that I want to buy collector items on eBay.

Back