Buy the originals!

Bought all three from GoG a couple of weeks ago, even though I have more than one copy of them already. This makes the 4th copy of Fallout 2 in fact.
I thought it be good to have a version that will be supported in the future, and to support what GoG does. Also they come with some nice extras.
Completely DRM free games is pretty hard to come by these days.

Sorrow said:
Is there any exclusive content, like previously unreleased concept art?

Of the stuff they had available for download, I think I'd seen it all in the gallery here other than the 150x150 talking heads that had been nicely shopped for avatar usage.

:P

I was curious so I went looking on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330282339432
More numbers:

No box

There's also some jewel cases, but I thought I'd only post those that had the manuals. Those are what everyone's interested in, right?

To see the auctions simply copy/paste the number into the eBay search engine.

I've still got my originals in box. Doubt I could ever part with em. Maybe in a few years if the price goes up to $200 or more. 8-)

GOG sounds nice. Especially considering I could never play MDK because it won't even run under Windows XP.. and now I have Vista (moan, groan, whine...). Do they have the Thief games? I loved the first one but when I got the 2nd game I had a newer computer and couldn't play it. >.<

I'll have to browse and see what all they've got. I might get the Tactics version as I've been considering modding again, and it's the easiest of the bunch to mod, IMO, despite some trigger functions not actually working... at all.. hah...

Edit: I do have two boxed Tactics games, but I'm sure anyone who knows their Fallout Tactics history knows all about the factory faulty CD's. It would be nice to have a fully updated version of the game. Does the GOG version come with all of the editing tools as well?

Brother None said:
I don't know about you guys but the new game just makes my old-game-fingers itch.

I already bought them at GOG, tho'.

Me too. I mean, I don't needed because I got them since years, but it was a must have for me. Beside that, there are also many other good old games on GOG.

Jebus said:
They work with my Vista 64, so I don't see why not.

Will purchase em this weekend. Just ever since I got this x64 PC I've had a lot of older games not able to install, while others work without a problem.

Well, even if they don't work I'm not out much cash and still support Interplay.

Gog patched them to work without problems with modern OS.

The only problem I get sometimes is that the colours are fecked up when I launch, but that can be easily fixed by re-starting.

Hmm...
I'm not interesting in Fallouts, but some of their other games look tempting...
Does anyone know if they work on Win98?

There are a lot of programs that work on Win98.

Anyway, either that or Linux (though I'd have to install a second HDD for it first). I'm not buying anything from Microsoft anymore.

At least Windows 98 won't suck away half your system's resources like Vista does.

My choice was to either pay $100 for the full XP version, or keep Vista and buy a new video card... the video card seemed the better deal. :P

Does gog take paypal?
If I purchase other games does NMA still get credit?
If I buy any of the Fallouts do I lose my strike? :bribe bribe:

Is this a digital or physical copy? I loaned out my copy of Fallout years ago and it never got returned so I could use a new one one of these days. If this isn't a physical copy then I'll probably just buy the threepack off of Amazon one of these days...

GOG is a digital but DRM-free game store. However, they specifically sell classic games and have free downloadable goodies for most game you buy there.

If you want physical, GOG isn't the place to go. Mind you once you buy it, there is no number of downloads restriction and no, as stated before, DRM checks at all.

(While I am NOT suggesting you buy once and make copies for all your friends - one of the intents, i think, is that you can download and install on multiple PCs in your home.. like me, who lives with 4 other people who likes to play games)

i just bought tactics because i have the other 2 already

and this will give me the opportunity to play tictacs finally.

and ill probably pick up the MDKs eventually because those were awesome

I just bought all three of them off of GOG (although before the deal with NMA). I lost all of the discs Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics when I lost my cd case with all of my bioware games (Planescape, BG1 & TOSTC, BG 2 and expansion, all three Fallouts and Icewind Dale) I was devastated. Anyway I am enjoying the old ones and the new one (picked up yesterday).

Later
Pat

I allready own F1+2 and T.

But damn.....I see Earthworm Jim on there too. Tempted to get it.

I hope they get Day of the tentacle or others like it.

TheGM said:
I allready own F1+2 and T.

But damn.....I see Earthworm Jim on there too. Tempted to get it.

I hope they get Day of the tentacle or others like it.

I actually own EWJ 1,2 for the PC and it's pretty good but I do recommend a game pad. I actually got it back in '98 or so. Never could finish 2 but 1 was great.

CD Projekt, the company behind GOG, is also releasing a new physical edition of Fallout Saga (FO1+2+Tactics) in Poland.

Back