Can someone explain this expired ID thing?

The Goon said:
Lets imagine we can pass for each for a second then give me a day to play with your ID and you're going to have a warrant on your name. The simple average of 2.5 years should not make anyone feel safer.
It's not just inflicting damage on the one you stole the ID from, it's also breaking laws with your own ID. If an ID is valid for 50 years, you can use it in a community for 50 years to get 15-year-olds into bars. And that's just one possibility. You can also get away with, say, driving a car without actually having a driver's license for a much longer time. There are more examples like this.

Bottom line: a limited time in which an ID is valid means that less damage can be done with an invalid ID, it means that your photo and data on the ID stays relatively current and it's a form of taxation.

I have yet to see a 15 year old that can pass for 50 but I agree with having to renew a licenses for driving purpose.

Here is a fun fact: if an ID has been expired under 2 years a person can walk into the DMV and will get the full six point of identification required to renew their ID but it is not considered as a valid proof of age. WTF is that?

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/id44.pdf

4 pages about this stupidity. I figured I'd have come in here and seen that you guys had solved world hunger or something. 4 pages started by a topic of pure laziness....

Back