Cashgrab - Bethesda releases Fallout Legacy Collection

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
ssq7T4tBoJNFZnbqTRBxXT-650-80.jpg

According to a recent "leak" Fallout legacy edition will be out later this month (October 25). According to PC Gamer it includes every Fallout ever released except Fallout 76. However Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel isn't listed on the cover.

gamesradar+ said:
The Fallout Legacy Collection has been listed for sale on Amazon Germany with six games bundled together for €39.99 on PC, which converts to about $44 or £36. According to the listing - which can't be found on the US version - the collection will come out on October 25.

The benefit of this release would be that older Fallout titles would be available for consoletards since it's indicated in the description that you could install and run mods on both PC and console. But do you really think they would make Fallout 1&2 playable on consoles?

On another note, is this the same the thing as we wrote about back in February?

Edit: PC Gamer was wrong in their speculations. This will be PC exclusive and sold only in UK and Germany.

Last edited:
Have to take leaks with a grain of salt... would also have been interesting to have the German translated by a native speaker. At least some of this doesn't make any sense:

"The full collection of all award-winning single-player games in the series! Return to Odland with the Fallout 4 - Game of the Year Edition. It contains all the gameplay updates, graphic enhancements, the ability to download and play free mods on PCs and consoles, and all six official extensions. Welcome back to New Vegas! With Ultimate Edition, Bethesda Softworks is putting together the complete Fallout: New Vegas package. The main game with the four additions Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road will immerse you even deeper into the world of New Vegas."

This seems like a generic description for Fallout 4 which is technically true, you can play mods on PC and console. I don't think it's saying that this package is going to be for console. The author of the article is taking a bit of a leap here based on what may have been an erroneous description. Fallout 3 and New Vegas do however already work on nextgen consoles. It just seems unlikely that F1/F2/Tactics will.

Why are they selling their t***** along with actual Fallout games? How dare you Bethesda...

If they ported the first three Fallout games to console I will actually buy the shit.

Emulation I'd suppose. The first games are pure mouse driven titles, with fiddly bits of detail for everything you can click on... does that seem console friendly? Imagine just resolving the Water-Chip quest.

It would be horrible but all in one place. These other PC games they ported over like Baldur's Gate probably compare...that is the only reason this flies at all

If they ported the first three Fallout games to console I will actually buy the shit.

Same, I'd love to play them on my xbox. I can't do computer mouse-click games anymore. I would be surprised if they were ported to console though.

No... the disgusting thing is that they deliberately sell to a certain market—and they sell them exactly what they want... barring occasional mistakes. It's disgusting that the market exists, and sustains them.

If I can play New Vegas in Switch, then I'll be all for that.
I'd be happy with 1&2 as well, but not without mods

Emulation I'd suppose. The first games are pure mouse driven titles, with fiddly bits of detail for everything you can click on... does that seem console friendly? Imagine just resolving the Water-Chip quest.
They'll just remove (what they deem) unecessary dialogs options and get down to four choices. Two birds, zero stones.

I don't get this collection. Is it to make more money after Fallout 76 had abysmal sales? I just don't get this, made more ridiculous by the fact it will only be sold in Germany and in the UK.

Also hilarious that 4 of the 6 games weren't even made by Bethesda, Bethesda was only responsible for a third of the games.

And porting Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics to consoles would mean having to change basically everything to do with the controls and that's just too much work for current "on max level of lazyness" Bethesda.

Last edited:
I don't get this collection. Is it to make more money after Fallout 76 had abysmal sales? I just don't get this, made more ridiculous by the fact it will only be sold in Germany and in the UK.

I don't think Bethesda is hurting for money :p and Fallout 76 has still been profitable for them, their bulk income is from the ongoing in-game transactions. The fact this is a Germany/UK bundle probably has more to do with it being done by Bethesda UK and not Bethesda US. Bethesda is not a singular pulsating organism, they have divisions all over the world.

But yes, I mean everything they sell is for money obviously. They aren't looking for loose change between their couch cushions because of Fallout 76 though.

And porting Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics to consoles would mean having to change basically everything to do with the controls and that's just too much work for current "on max level of lazyness" Bethesda.
Maybe add a cursor that you control with the analog sticks. That way the controls don't have to be modified too much.

Back