Command and Conquer-esque fallout spin-off

pyroman645

First time out of the vault
How about a Fallout RTS (unlike Tactics) that lets you be one of the factions in the Fallout universe and perform missions that happened in the timeline such as the Battle of Hoover Dam, Project Purity, and the fall of Navarro.

Always supported this idea. It should take place before the War (such as at Alaska, which gives way for lots of campaign mission, and skirmish fun), though. Maybe a few battles between NCR and Legion, but let's save that for a DLC.

Sub-Human said:
Always supported this idea. It should take place before the War (such as at Alaska, which gives way for lots of campaign mission, and skirmish fun), though. Maybe a few battles between NCR and Legion, but let's save that for a DLC.

JE Sawyer wanted to do something similar.

I myself find the idea of an RTS set during Alaska invasion to be quite intriguing, though not in the Command and Conquer style.
Something like Company of Heroes is better, if you ask me.
That being said, only pre-War, no post-War stuff.

Maybe a team of prolific CoH/FO mod-makers could manage it, eh? :lol:

Atomkilla said:
Something like Company of Heroes is better, if you ask me.

Yep. You can take inspiration from Operation Anchorage in terms of units (the 5 different kits) and the extremely expensive Power Armor dudes. Perhaps the Chinese have a rip-off, cheaper, but with certain drawbacks.

With a good engine and engaging campaign, pretty sure this will give Bethesda (as publisher) heaps of cash.

The chinese don't even need Powered Armor. They have chimera tanks and stealth suits.

The US could favor a brute force style of game play, using powered armor infantry and vertibirds to lay down heavy fire.

The chinese could use a combination of cannon fodder and covert tactics, like the brotherhood of nod.

Gameplay wise, I think something similar to Ground Control would work better as opposed to C&C.

I have an idea for the Fallout RTS. Maybe you could start before the Great War in one scenario, but after the war in another, possibly a DLC? The Company of Heroes style would be easiest to make I think since you could focus on making small, action packed maps.

Here are a couple of scenarios:

The Resource War/European-Middle Eastern War

Anchorage Campaign

Canada Annexation

The Great War

Battle of Hoover Dam

NCR-BoS War

NCR-Legion War

Lyons BoS-Enclave-Mutant War

Another slightly better idea would be closer to Civilization 5 or Crusader Kings 2. You would either guide a family throughout the entire Fallout timeline, or simply manage the world itself. The family idea would be focused on keeping your bloodline going until a certain time period, while the world idea would be focusing on getting humanity through the Great War and rebuilding afterwards. I imagine building various settlements throughout the wasteland, while defending from various ghouls, mutants, raiders, along with the various other factions vying for supremacy as well. No faction would be left out either. It would follow all recorded Fallout timeline events, from the trivial like the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, to the major ones like the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

* I just had a neat idea. I wonder if someone could work up a Fallout mod for Crusader Kings 2? Maybe just focus it on the US though? Hmmm...

me love C&C me love fallout, me love C&C love fallout longtime

Anything civilization/ AoE/ C&C game play based is fine by me especially in fallout realm. I'd def buy that.

Meh, I'd prefer a DOTA-esque Fallout game, because at least then you don't have to explain why a Chinese Assassin and Super Mutant are on the same field of battle at one time. Also the idea of RTS units just sounds like it would undermine the tones specific to Fallout. Droves of armies during the Pre-War era, when very few conflicts were open and direct. Droves of armies during Post-War era, when the global populations have dropped so low that it would be physically impossible. Either way, you'd be fucking the canon (more than it has been already) just to say "Yeah, we're making this game!"

On the other hand, if (as I mentioned earlier) they took a NON-canonical approach- like Tekken Tag did for its series, for example -that might be worth getting behind.

I'd be happy with another Tactics game to be honest. A COH style game could be fun, but we'd lose much of what makes Fallout great - characters and personality. RTS games, with the endless cranking out of units, lose that.

Tactics got it about half right, I'd say. It would be nice to have some more flexibility than we did as members of the BOS. You need more control of your own destiny...perhaps you run a mercenary outfit. Yeah, we been there plenty of times, but the setting lends itself perfectly.

Back