Dead Money out, screenshots on Marketplace

Tagaziel said:
You do realize it's exactly this kind of attitude that gives us a negative rep, right?

So in your opinion we should stop wondering if anything newly released is even remotively connected to Fallout and should hop on the shittrain of "awzum!" and blindly worshipping everything? :roll:

It's not that Lexx' and many others concerns are just taken out of the blue here.

Surf Solar said:
So in your opinion we should stop wondering if anything newly released is even remotively connected to Fallout and should hop on the shittrain of "awzum!" and blindly worshipping everything? :roll: .

That's putting words in his mouth. I mean, I agree with Lexx that it does look very odd for the setting\circumstances to be like this in a post-post-apocalyptic world, but I guess it was also pretty fucking weird when Ed Gein started wearing women skin as clothes.
I understand the skepticism, but just as with anything, forming assumptions without much in the way of information can look rash. I mean, it is Obsidian(fanboying it up here); it can't all be bad. We will see - maybe they can half-way explain it like they did with stuff like the nightkin.

But isn't that what prerelease screenshots and trailers are for? To make up a small preview of the tone and the atmosphere of the following project? And why can't we critisize the look and feel of these screenshots and then decide wether we like the look of these or not? I mean, I agree with you, we're talking about Obsidian here, I know they can make good stuff, but I won't blindly fall in fanboyism here just because something is developed by OE.

No, you fall into bitching and whining instead. You're mistaking skepticism (which is healthy) with hatred (which is stupid). Lexx was assuming that it's non-Fallout instead of waiting and analyzing it.

That's simply silly.

Ah, so I wonder how one can analyze it if its not even out on the PC? Taking you by the word then, one shall buy each game then before even saying one bad word about it or voicing ones opinion made up by preview items? Very well then, I better buy gems like Superman 64 or other gems of the gaming industry and analyze it, how dare I rely on preview stuff or "whine" about it! :roll:

Tagaziel said:
No, you fall into bitching and whining instead. You're mistaking skepticism (which is healthy) with hatred (which is stupid). Lexx was assuming that it's non-Fallout instead of waiting and analyzing it.

That's simply silly.

Tagaziel if I may. As an outsider I can fully understand your frustration about NMA's image on the outside.

But, you are really seeing things here that just aren't there.

Surf Solar said:
...but I won't blindly fall in fanboyism here just because something is developed by OE.

ASUS makes great motherboards. Am I going to chastise someone who had a problem with one of their parts? No, but at the same time I might be a little skeptical as to whether the part was really not a quality working component.
I have liked every Obsidian game. I have loved most of them. I wouldn't call it "blindly" since I have yet to see anything short of a quick fact list and a one minute long video. I trust Avellone - the guy has one hell of an imagination. New Vegas did a superb job(relative to F3) at explaining why factions interacted with the world the way that they did, so I'm going to wait to see. I won't "blindly" start throwing my arms up in the air quite yet, however.
Either way, I don't think Lexx's comment should be taken too seriously. But it's wise to introspect every once in a while; this is a public forum.

EDIT:
I guess the underlying message I'm trying to get here is this: If we keep focusing on the small things we don't like, we might end up missing out in the future on the big improvements that we were luckily graced with in New Vegas. I guess this community is tiny in audience size, but I'll just be thankful for now and wait for some more facts to come out. Could be better, could be a lot worse.

To clarify a little bit: My sentence was half a joke as well. I am doing such things pretty often, it's how I write. Hell, I even speak like that.

I still think that Dead Money will not feature a lot Fallout feeling because of two factors:

1. Even New Vegas doesn't feel very "fallouty" to me pretty often and
2. The screenshots of Dead Money are looking pretty not-fallout already anyway.

So right now, the only things that could make it good in my eyes are the general story writing, the dialogue writing and the gameplay fun-part, not the amount of fallout it has or doesn't have.

C2B said:
Puh... I'm not good with this. Let's say 85+.

I'm not so sure about the writing yet till I have reflected on it. What I can say though: Up to Avellones better writing.

Linearity though. Personally I would call it pretty linear but not the bad kind of linear that only sends you through corridors.

Thanks. I'm not very good at scoring games, either. I would likely join you in the 85-ish range regarding New Vegas. Was just trying to establish some kind of baseline to gauge your opinion on Dead Money.

Sounds like a buy, so far. Fun, Challenge, Engaging Story > Fallout-y feel.

Agreed. I'll add on a few points:
-DLC can get frustrating at times due to having to REALLY scrounge around for things.
-For once, crazyness is represented as something other than lulzy
-DLC weapons are slightly overpowered. But then again, so's every high tier weapon in New Vegas.
-Jesus fuck, did they give me a fuckton of foreshadowing for the next DLCs. It's like Chris Avellone materialized in my room, punched me in the groin, and said, "I'm not done with your wallet yet, faggot."

OakTable said:
-Jesus fuck, did they give me a fuckton of foreshadowing for the next DLCs. It's like Chris Avellone materialized in my room, punched me in the groin, and said, "I'm not done with your wallet yet, faggot."

:rofl:

The Dutch Ghost said:
If the only way PC users get to access the DLCs is by buying the GOTY edition rather than to release them separately online on for example Steam then I feel rather scammed for buying the regular game when it was released,

There is no scam here. Let's us not forget the time factor here. You get access to the content deemable as a complete play experience far sooner than if you waited for the GOTY edition. That, in and of itself, is worth something.

Tagaziel said:

That's simply silly.

Skepticism is good. And hatred can be okay too. I mean, I hate (HATE) Bethesda Softworks, I think they are talentless hacks. Besides Morrowind. And there's nothing wrong using a track-records as a gage of quality.

Fallout has not had good DLC... ever. Assuming this DLC may suck isn't totally irrational. However, it hasn't been on PC yet, so we don't really know. And the XBox crowd isn't giving up the goods yet. Overall I think DLC is stupid, but whatever.

And really, Fallout has been Fallout in over a decade, but New Vegas was a close shot.

Haha, and No Mutants Allowed getting a bad rep? I am not representative of this site but I enjoy it's usual no-bullshit news and lack of Bethsoft cocksucking that so many other sites break their necks to do. I'm sorry if it's bad to disagree with the uneducated masses.

Tagaziel said:

That's simply silly.

Um, who's bitching and whining again? :)

OakTable said:

The worst part is that I'd be ecstatic if that happened. Painful but ecstatic.

Sounds mighty tasty. Wandering what the helmet the guy is wearing in the last pic looks like from the front.

Looks like Cobra Commander, but yellow. Not joking.

1353028403_abfe22b61d.jpg

:shock:

On a more serious note - did you notice new music in there? If not, which old tracks are used?

Hm, that would've been a reason for me to look closer at this DLC. I actually liked some of the tracks in New Vegas, I believe Inon Zur's experiments went out good this time.

Back