Deus Ex Human Revolution

how's that old saying? "every time you mention Deus Ex, someone will reinstall it". well, guess what. I'm reinstalling it.

aenemic said:
how's that old saying? "every time you mention Deus Ex, someone will reinstall it". well, guess what. I'm reinstalling it.

*Deus Ex is now being installed* :D

I still need to finish The Nameless Mod as well.

Could play it again too. But It's too long to do some kind of ninja-playthrough.

I wish that the HDTP thingy would get done finally. I am waiting for it since forever and it just doesn't get done. I still remember when I wrote in 2007 that the next time I am playing the game, it will be with HDTP... and guess what, since then I replayed it already 4 times (once each year).

I'm pretty sure that work on all Deus Ex HD mods has ceased a long time ago. There were 2 or 3 noteworthy attempts a while back, they each released a "demo" of sorts that replaces some of the world's miscellaneous items (garbage bins, desks etc) with HD models, but that's about it AFAIK.

I already replayed Deus Ex recently when I bought it for 2 euros on Steam's Christmas Sale (a digital copy can always come in handy), but am already considering another attempt. Accursed masterpiece.

Hellion said:
I'm pretty sure that work on all Deus Ex HD mods has ceased a long time ago. There were 2 or 3 noteworthy attempts a while back, they each released a "demo" of sorts that replaces some of the world's miscellaneous items (garbage bins, desks etc) with HD models, but that's about it AFAIK.

I already replayed Deus Ex recently when I bought it for 2 euros on Steam's Christmas Sale (a digital copy can always come in handy), but am already considering another attempt. Accursed masterpiece.

Im currently playing Deus Ex with some of the visuals enhancing mods and it looks solid. The HDTP mod does not change too many things, from what ive read, but the New Vision mod has about 800MB of HD textures. (Some supposedly even use bump mapping)
Add DX10 for some lighting improvements and youre good to go.

Ofcourse, overall its very far from modern graphics but im not sure what you expect.. texture mods are just textures..

A bunch of press people apparently got to play through the first couple of missions in the game today (or, rather, were allowed to post reviews of their play experience today).

The main thing I've been seeing the most of the game journalists is that the game is difficult on Normal (the lowest difficulty setting). I'm reserving my judgment for the time being as their gameskill could be as shitty as their tastes generally are.

The links with the most information (although you'll have to sift quite a bit):
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116754
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116768

Back