Deus Ex Human Revolution

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by LinkPain, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Dutch Ghost is correct, those are two entirely separate buildings. JC raids the generator building, while Paul raided the headquarters. It's clear if you pay attention to the game.

2. LinkPain

LinkPain Mildly Dipped

Jan 18, 2011
    Damn that line was so awesome i had to reload just to hear it again a couple of times :drunk:

OK it does look a little like let's say Assassins Creed , but what about it . If FO3 had everything else on top of its looks it would have been a good game . This looks much more promising .
    And frankly it would be too lame not to add cinematic kind of kills , it just needs to show how awesome it can be when you cloak from nowhere and stick a knife into someone .

Did you all see that augmentation menu ? It has tons of options , i just hope the game will be enough of a challenge to make us utilize them all properly and not just button mash .

3. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    My mistake! Last time I played the game I was just sort of rushing through... I've been through Deus Ex so many times, but maybe that's resulted in me making assumptions about certain parts of it simply because I no longer listen to the dialogue. :P

4. TheRatKing

TheRatKing Vault Dweller

Oct 7, 2008
    Heh. I knew about the warehouse but I always assumed you just went back to the generator because...they looked so similar.

5. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I've played the game so any times that I try to get Gunther Hermann to kill all of the terrorists (National Secessionist Forces (NSF) ) at the warehouse by luring them to him, or him to them.

The humor was great...

Gunther Hermann: Again they ignore me. Again they think they have a better punishment for a traitor than a shotgun to the head.

Gunther Hermann: [to JC Denton] I see you, a thief on the roof. My new satellite link has both infrared and the x-ray spectrum. I see your heart beating. I see you are afraid.

Gunther Hermann: [to JC Denton] You are a small, prowling mouse... and dumb like a mouse! You keep coming, like you forget about Agent Navarre. I remember Agent Navarre. I remember for everyone.

Gunther Hermann: [to JC Denton] Yes. Obey your new masters. Come to me...

6. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    how's that old saying? "every time you mention Deus Ex, someone will reinstall it". well, guess what. I'm reinstalling it.

7. TheRatKing

TheRatKing Vault Dweller

Oct 7, 2008
    Same goes for Bloodlines. Though I've noticed a screenshot or two increases numbers dramatically :)

8. Hoxie

Hoxie King Queer oTO Orderite

May 19, 2008
    *Deus Ex is now being installed* :D

I still need to finish The Nameless Mod as well.

9. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Could play it again too. But It's too long to do some kind of ninja-playthrough.

I wish that the HDTP thingy would get done finally. I am waiting for it since forever and it just doesn't get done. I still remember when I wrote in 2007 that the next time I am playing the game, it will be with HDTP... and guess what, since then I replayed it already 4 times (once each year).

10. Hellion

Hellion Antediluvian Lurker

Jun 20, 2003
    I'm pretty sure that work on all Deus Ex HD mods has ceased a long time ago. There were 2 or 3 noteworthy attempts a while back, they each released a "demo" of sorts that replaces some of the world's miscellaneous items (garbage bins, desks etc) with HD models, but that's about it AFAIK.

I already replayed Deus Ex recently when I bought it for 2 euros on Steam's Christmas Sale (a digital copy can always come in handy), but am already considering another attempt. Accursed masterpiece.

11. Batcha

Batcha First time out of the vault

Jan 15, 2010
    Im currently playing Deus Ex with some of the visuals enhancing mods and it looks solid. The HDTP mod does not change too many things, from what ive read, but the New Vision mod has about 800MB of HD textures. (Some supposedly even use bump mapping)
    Add DX10 for some lighting improvements and youre good to go.

Ofcourse, overall its very far from modern graphics but im not sure what you expect.. texture mods are just textures..

12. Ninjerk

Ninjerk First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2008
    A bunch of press people apparently got to play through the first couple of missions in the game today (or, rather, were allowed to post reviews of their play experience today).

The main thing I've been seeing the most of the game journalists is that the game is difficult on Normal (the lowest difficulty setting). I'm reserving my judgment for the time being as their gameskill could be as shitty as their tastes generally are.

The links with the most information (although you'll have to sift quite a bit):
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116754
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116768

13. LinkPain

LinkPain Mildly Dipped

Jan 18, 2011
    Looks very promising , i am content :)