Doom by Bethesda??

I hated Doom 3. Most stupid gameplay ever, I think even I could hold a flashlight AND a gun at the same time. It was certainly the blackest game I have ever played.

some of the comments are pretty awesome though, like "oh the people only flame Beth because they are so big now, even though have to work on their writing".

Meh ... Bethesda the Mc Donalds of gaming.

Crni Vuk said:
some of the comments are pretty awesome though, like "oh the people only flame Beth because they are so big now, even though have to work on their writing".

Meh ... Bethesda the Mc Donalds of gaming.
Mmmmm, chicken nuggets. Now I'm hungry for Meat Snack Food.

Bethesda [re: Oblivion, Fallout 3] and BioWare [re: Mass Effect 3] fanboiz are ridiculous.

Buxbaum666 said:
I hated Doom 3. Most stupid gameplay ever, I think even I could hold a flashlight AND a gun at the same time. It was certainly the blackest game I have ever played.
Well, that WAS the point actually. Doom and Doom 2 were some of the first games to ever use lighting to scare people. That hadn't really been done before. Doom 3 took it to a new level -- lighting was almost -always- a factor, if not because of ambient lighting, then because of dynamic lighting, or lack of lighting. George Romero worked with them on it, so his influence made it have more influence from zombie movies and whatnot versus just shooters.

I'm not saying Doom 3 is hot shit. I totally understand why people would dislike it. Personally the reason I hated it at first was the NERF-Gun sound effects. But all in all, I think it's a solid game. It's scary and a fun challenge. Someday I'll make a little mod that reduces the amount of ammo that can be carried, though. 200 shells, haha, give me a break.

Even John Carmack thinks Doom 3 was too dark. You can make a scary game without having the player walk through lots of pitch black rooms whilst having the option of either using a flashlight OR a gun. That's just cheap.

Well, the upcoming enhanced re-release of Doom 3 (which will include the first 2 games as well) has among its key changes an armour-mounted flashlight and less dark areas. :P

Buxbaum666 said:
Even John Carmack thinks Doom 3 was too dark. You can make a scary game without having the player walk through lots of pitch black rooms whilst having the option of either using a flashlight OR a gun. That's just cheap.
Hmmm..... maybe.

[goes to Google]

[spoiler:ececcbbaa6]
carmack_doom3.jpg
[/spoiler:ececcbbaa6]

1334520406550.jpg

There is truth to that. I'll give the rerelease a shot though. I like to support companies that have gone down the drain with hope they'll crawl back up. Bethesda gave me Morrowind and Id gave me DooM and Heretic. I owe em' that much for a kick ass childhood. Doom 4 probably won't be affected that much by Bethesda publishing.

Back