Double Fine Adventure raises over half a million in a day

I wonder if mobucks's dad is also a gamer, in that case he would be a product made by gamers for gaming! :D

I'm stoked about this. Gave some $$ as well (can't wait to get my signed poster).

I like the idea of giving the middle finger to large publishers and making games independently of them.

Tim Schafer is the man and Grim Fandango is still probably my favourite game of all time (and the closest to what I'd consider a "perfect" game).

While Steam is pretty much another form of DRM, it still comes off as warm and cuddly DRM.

The Double Fine Kickstarter has ended and with it the most awesome month for gaming in a long, long time.

Let's hope that next month will be at least as awesome.

Longest Journey is revered as one of the best PnC games ever produced. I think you mean more the Myst type puzzles that make no fucking sense at all with the only way of solving being that you accidently clicked the correct sequence of objects.

Inventory puzzles are there to make sure you visited the right places before moving on with the story, the story/characters being the main selling point in most PnC adventures(for me at least).

mobucks said:
Longest Journey is revered as one of the best PnC games ever produced.

I agree with you sir! 110% :salute:

Maybe Ragnar Tørnquist should also start a kickstarter for Dreamall Chapters or whatever it's going to be called.

Back