Ethnicity

Zwanzig

First time out of the vault
I think we should be able to choose the ethnicity of our character in Fallout 3, if it is indeed a new character and not the one from the first two.

There is a very good chance this is going to be in it anyway, BethSoft dont want to get flamed for racial discrimination or whatever. Also, it would fit with TES's character creation and also open up the game to more potencial consumers.

Zwanzig said:
I think we should be able to choose the ethnicity of our character in Fallout 3, if it is indeed a new character and not the one from the first two.
The ONE from the first two? Are you aware that the first two fallout games had different protagonists?
And only an idiot would accuse a company of being racist for making the main character a certain race. I'm disgusted of the people who keep saying things like "Having children is immoral and encourages pedophilia", or "Necromancy would suggest necrophilia". I don't know why some people are so obsessed with political corectness.

Different protagonists, same model, though, Lumpy.

Remember the black guy in the Cafe of Broken Dreams? He complained about not being the main character 'cause he's black. Was funny.

I don't think you'll be able to select a race as an option for Fallout 3, but I can guarantee that Bethesda will have full character customization again, so you can just select your skin colour of preference.

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
Yeah, and everybody will be ugly as fuck, just like Oblivion.

Ugly
Fugly
<Oblivion>
Yo momma's so ugly, blind people run in terror when she comes into view.

Lazarus Plus said:
Carib FMJ said:
Fugly? Now that is a new word for my vocab.

Fugly = Fuck Ugly.

"That is one fugly motherfucker."

I think it came from a movie originally, but I am not sure.

http://dir.salon.com/story/mwt/feature/2005/03/08/fugly/index.html

Like a lot of today's worst trends -- spiraling debt, overproduced pop music, Donald Trump -- "fugly" dates to the early to mid-'80s, says Grant Barrett, project editor of the Historical Dictionary of American Slang at Oxford University Press. Earlier citations probably exist (consider that Norman Mailer used "fug" as a replacement for the banned "fuck" as early as 1948's "The Naked and the Dead"), but they fall into the Dark Age known to lexicographers as "pre-Internet."

Also: http://www3.merriam-webster.com/opendictionary/newword_display_recent.php?id=9982

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
Yeah, and everybody will be ugly as fuck, just like Oblivion.

Wait till you see a radiated Orc... :lol:

Pimp.jpg

Org_face.jpg

Now if only there's a 'glow-in-the-dark hair' mod.. :lol:

"Ugliest boxer in the world falls into stack of paint tins."

Jesus I hope they can do better than that in Fallout 3. No creature should have multi colour fucking body, as with a lot of games recently, things get 'prittier' rather than sticking to a more beliveable and realisic cooler looking theme.

One of the things I really liked about fallout was the asthetics of it, the way super mutants looked hunched and didnt have bright green skin, rather a dull grey toned green. Much better than a cartoon like orc or somthing.

Kharn said:
Remember the black guy in the Cafe of Broken Dreams? He complained about not being the main character 'cause he's black. Was funny.
IIRC he also said that they didn't allow playing other races because their animations would take too much disk space.

Tycell said:
"Ugliest boxer in the world falls into stack of paint tins."

Jesus I hope they can do better than that in Fallout 3. No creature should have multi colour fucking body, as with a lot of games recently, things get 'prittier' rather than sticking to a more beliveable and realisic cooler looking theme.

Where did they steal that orc art from, Might and Magic 8's trolls?

And seriously, no boobies, no blood, it makes for one boring TES experience given Arena and Daggerfall, and the teen rating does make it easier to sell to the Wal-Mart crowd. It really is a shame to see how badly Todd and Co. have sold the franchise out. There might be a point to it if it didn't suck so badly, but instead I guess we're supposed to be happy that the console crowd picked this up as just about the only thing close to a CRPG on the X-Brick so it makes money on that merit, but fails on all others.

I don't give a damn how well the game fares among other gamers. If Fallout 3 pleases me by being Fallout, then they've done a damn good job.

...What? How my ability of getting a tan be compared in any way possible to how Fallout 3 is going to turn out? I tan rather nicely, thank you very much.

:Plol I ment in game and was jk ! But nice to know u tan great ! I hope you are happy ! Because I suck at tanning!!!

yeah, for ethnicity, I can make a White/Negroe/Asian/Mexican-jew.... The best of everything but none of those races weaknesses.

Hola-shalom Bitch!

It seems to me that the ethnicity of a character should affect (if only in a minor way) the storyline, since people WILL have different reactions to your character based on race/intelligence/gender/charisma (the basics, minimum).

And I don't trust the current developers to handle that well, if at all. Sigh.

Back