Fallhope - FO2 Van Buren TC

Ehh I have yet to play a single FO 1-2 mod that I liked. IF they do get finished they are always a let down filled with watered down writing.

Dude.

I miss Lich. I always thought he'd be the loner who would cough up a truly brilliant FO mod. He definitely had the right ideas (along with a shitload of bad ones). But then he disappeared... :(

el_jefe_of_ny said:
I have a friend who can translate russian poetry to american and vice versa.

He probably would do it. Poetry and he also does nursery rhymes and fables. Those three are super difficult to translate.

Would it be possible for someone to have access to all of the files and do so?

They expressed interest in a translator on their forum. Even if they don't want help, you can grab the *.msg files on demo release and have them translated.

bhlaab said:
Not holding my breath for this.

Mutants Rising is in english, right?

MR is in English only right now. Finding free translators who actually do any work is a pain in the ass, which is why I gave up all the whole concept.

Blackened said:
Dude101 said:
You have many mysteries to solve:
- Who you?

I am a thanking you.

Ausir said:
The Prisoner in VB was not really amnesiac, he just didn't know how he was transported to the prison.

I guess it means "Who are you" in a more spiritual sense, then.

Lexx said:
I still think, the only valid Van Buren can be with either the jefferson engine or a jefferson engine clone. :p
Same here. We had screenshots, we even had a chance to play tech-demo. Van Buren in Fallout engine isn't going to work for me. Instead of it and other TCs I'd like to see wise expending/pimping/whatever of both original Fallouts.

Anyway, the "car" is looking pretty cool.

TheBearPaw said:
The music tunes sound sick good! :clap: Very much like the ones in the original games.

To be honest, I don't think they fit in very well. They sound good, but do not fit in the fallout theme.

I'll believe when I see it.

Why those new-and-enterprising modders simply don't get together with other projects nearer to the finish line, instead of wanting to simply make their mod?

Me, I'm looking foward to play Fallout 1.5 and Mutants Rising this year.

Continuum said:
(...) Instead of it and other TCs I'd like to see wise expending/pimping/whatever of both original Fallouts.

What would be wise?

Slaughter Manslaught said:
Me, I'm looking foward to play Fallout 1.5 and Mutants Rising this year.

Fallout 1.5, what's that?

Continuum said:
(...) Instead of it and other TCs I'd like to see wise expending/pimping/whatever of both original Fallouts.
I’ve already started preparing to enhance the maps of Fallout 1 (initially to make them more hi-res friendly), but to make it a true success I need to know how to proto-type new (animated original Fallout artwork) into the game…I need the official Fallout 2 mapper tweaked so it can accept Fallout 1 maps without corrupting the data. No one seems up to the challenge, or I’m yet to hear from someone interested. Fallout 2 has been already “pimped” for RP 1.3; Fallout 1 is next in line…

Personally I follow Alec’s notion "The old graphics are really closely tied to the original story for me" - Fallout is not Fallout without the original visual style and game play. This might be considered heresy, but I didn’t think Van Buren’s visuals were as good as the original games. 3D graphics aren’t necessarily more interesting, beautiful, or effective, but I accept they are more flexible…

This might be considered heresy, but I didn’t think Van Buren’s visuals were as good as the original games.
Amen to that.

I need the official Fallout 2 mapper tweaked so it can accept Fallout 1 maps without corrupting the data.
I never really wroked with F1, but what do you mean corrupting the data? When you change something with the F2 mapper, the F1 game don't accept it anymore?

The graphic should'nt be that different, my guess would be the scripts are messing with something. And the faq didn't solve your problem?
http://nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2862

Otherwise, Jordan tried to make a mod putting F1 into F2 engine. Maybe you could work with his maps. I remember the doors having the trap script, and the crazy under the cathedral saying mow, running to me and explode. So there are still some into the F1 format i guess... :D

Sorry, can't help much, i havent my fallout1 files right now...

Back