Fallout 1+2 naked nude girl mod

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Mod_Hunter, Dec 11, 2015.

1. CPL

CPL Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

Mar 16, 2013
    A nudist colony east of New Reno? :P

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Wait so the nude mod is or is not real/playable? #importantquestions

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Are people self-censoring or is dick censored in this board?

/Edit: Looks like people are self-censoring. lel.

4. Mod_Hunter

Mod_Hunter First time out of the vault

Dec 11, 2015
    It's real, feel free to check the new vid

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    lolwat

So where's the download link(s)?

6. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    We need a proper sex mod...

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Zaius238

Zaius238 Sunburn

Jul 14, 2007
    I'm pretty sure asking money for modifying a game which you have no ownership is ILLEGAL.
    Bethesda has put down mods which required $$$ to download in the past. I don't think they've changed their mind about greedy guys!
    It doesn't matter what you'll do with the money, you can't demand money to have access to a mod, unless you have a agreement with Bethesda, which I doubt.

9. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    I won't pledge unless I see a sneak peek of Ian and Tycho sprites with boners.

10. Zaius238

Zaius238 Sunburn

Jul 14, 2007
    Even if you were seriously considering paying for that, would be a waste of money.
    It's only a matter of time for someone to report that, and Kickstart removing the page.
    I'm not going to do that, 'cause I'm no Bethesda fanboy, but someone will.

11. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Too bad, I was interested in having this included in the "BioWare / Retarded Shit" section of my optional mod installer.

(I don't mean that disrespectfully, that's just the only section in which it'd be appropriate lol)

12. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Nonsense. A mod is a separate program. It can be free or paid, it doesn't matter. It's not illegal by itself.
    Of course, if it uses some content from the original game, that's another story - could be an infrigement.

13. Zaius238

Zaius238 Sunburn

Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  14. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Yes, you can and no, there wouldn't.
    If all content distributed in the mod is 100% original, no one can forbid it.

As for removing, they most likely do it automatically, as soon as a notice comes. And of course, a notice doesn't mean that it's illegal, they just send by thousands - look for youtube absurd blocks.

15. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Actually the games owner can forbid it. Doesn't matter if your graphics are 100% new or not.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Stelios Sigalas

Stelios Sigalas First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2014
    hahaha this will be hilarious :P

17. burn

burn Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    It's not just graphics, all content. Any assets, tools, etc. If you don't use anything that you don't have copyright on (and don't use the trademark), then there's simply no connection between the game and the mod. Thus, no basis for legal action.
    Naturally, companies will still try to take down paid mods, since they're basically competitors. And it's hard to sell mods, anyway. So for the most part, it's just not worth the trouble.

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Well I've been gaming for 20+ years and I don't recall ever seeing a paid mod, so that should tell you something...

The only exception would be when a mod eventually splits off and becomes its own game, like DayZ or ARMA or DoTA. But again, at that point those were a whole new game in a different engine, no longer a mod.

19. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire makes for good example, it's a standalone modification based on the same engine as JA2, with the same assets, being selled as a separate game even now. Some companies are protecting their IP more jealously than other, I guess. Anyhow, this is bad news for @ArekBalcerzak!

20. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Using the engine alone is enough to be able to get a C&D letter.

Wildfire became an official project, which then also got sold. It's not just "I made a mod and now I'll sell it and make all them monis".