Fallout 1 Resolution Patch

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
At popular request, Mash adapted the Fallout 2 Resolution Patch to work on Fallout 1.<blockquote>This program modifies "falloutw.exe" in memory for the purposes of increasing the visual resolution.
This Mod supports both the US 1.1 and TeamX's 1.2 versions of the "falloutw.exe". The TeamX version is the same EXE used in their fallout 1.3.3 patch.</blockquote>Link: Fallout 1 Resolution Patch v1.0.

Mad Max RW said:
Why do you taunt me. I'm barely halfway through replaying Fallout 2 with his patch.

i cracked out on fallout 2 when the patch came out. i beat the game in about 2 days of almost nonstop playing. i'll probably do the same for fallout 1, but i just have to know if mash was kind enough to fix the ending slideshow? that was my biggest gripe with the whole patch. the second biggest was that when you spoke to a non talking head, the part that centers on you and the person you talk to goes black and shows no picture. all the text appears though, so it was a minor gripe.

anyways, i hope these patches get completed and maybe even included in the next patch by killap.

heh, i guess i can dream, right?

pffft, still gotta play through The Witcher, reinstall PS:T, play Arcanum with a mod, play FO2 with the res mod and now play FO1 with the new mods? ugh.

i think i'm going to have to quit my job, it's the only way.

junkevil said:
i cracked out on fallout 2 when the patch came out. i beat the game in about 2 days of almost nonstop playing. i'll probably do the same for fallout 1, but i just have to know if mash was kind enough to fix the ending slideshow? that was my biggest gripe with the whole patch. the second biggest was that when you spoke to a non talking head, the part that centers on you and the person you talk to goes black and shows no picture. all the text appears though, so it was a minor gripe.

anyways, i hope these patches get completed and maybe even included in the next patch by killap.

The non talking heads are working thanks to 'weak-ling'
The ending slideshow should now be centred, I'd like to get this stretched to the screen eventually or on a black background at least. :)

the hi-res patches are so incredibly awesome... aside from GTAIV and Age of Conan... Fallout 2 has been played daily thanks to Mash.

Such a seemingly simple thing brings me much joy, haha... thanks!

Mash said:
The ending slideshow should now be centred, I'd like to get this stretched to the screen eventually or on a black background at least. :)

you're the man now dog!

Mash said:
junkevil said:

question... does this effect the mod that brought back the epa abbey ETC ETC..?? and if so do i have to start all over again?

is it just resolution ...what else?? im kinda noobish on the subject Sorry!

Have no fear : it's just the resolution and if you really mind the little "bugs" ( for instance when, during a random encounter, the combat zone map is too small for the resolution you are playing at and therefore does not display correctly ) you can uninstall it with the exe file. It's a 100 % risk free mod.

I have Fallout version, that automatically installs as UK 1.2. How to apply patch, because it reports as wrong version?
Thanks

cgmiki said:
I have Fallout version, that automatically installs as UK 1.2. How to apply patch, because it reports as wrong version?
Thanks
You need the Team X's v1.2, which is different than the usual 1.2. Direct download link.

Nice patch! I will definitely want to play with this one.
However, I have a problem with blackouts. The whole screen turns black quite frequently and has to be "redrawn" using the mouse cursor. That, sadly, makes it quite unplayable.
I tried the sfall patch to solve the problem but it does not seem to be compatible with your patch. There is no problem with blackouts without either patch or with just sfall installed.

Back