Fallout 2 bug in NewReno?

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by cstapleton, Oct 1, 2007.

1. cstapleton

cstapleton First time out of the vault

Oct 1, 2007
    I have a problem when I'm bringing Moores briefcase to Bishop in New Reno. I can't get up the stairs! I am assuming the stairs in question are in the Shark club by the two bouncers in blue near the bar. I can't go up or down the stairs. help!!

cam stapleton

2. fallout ranger

fallout ranger Vault Dweller

Sep 18, 2004
    First off, is your dude going through the motions but just not going up? If so, I had a similar problem in the cathedral in F01, solved by just clicking another part of the staircase.

3. cstapleton

Oct 1, 2007
    No. I can't click on the stairs, the red "no go" x appears, I can't even go down the stairs. Are the proper stairs in the shark club?

Cstapleton

4. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    If you paid as much attention in reading the stickies as in pasting your sig under your post, maybe we'd get to something.

READ THE STICKIES.

5. cstapleton

Oct 1, 2007
    Wooz are you talking to me or another poster? I've read the stickies as you suggested and I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more explicit? Thanks.

6. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    The stickies explicitly ask you to provide us with enough information, stapleton.

That said, look at this map. Those are "up-down" stairs at #8, one stairs going up, one stairs going down. Be sure to carefully click the right one, try clicking about a bit if it won't work.

If you can't go up, can you go down?

7. cstapleton

Oct 1, 2007
    Ok, Fallout 2, no mods, WinXP, ComPaq PC, no 3d card, P4 1.2g

No, I can't go up or down the stairs and yes looking at your provided map I'm in the right place. I have the briefcase, reentered the map a few times, went back to the questgiver in the vault, no go.

Thanks
    Cam Stapleton

8. ~;...} Radscorpion

~;...} Radscorpion First time out of the vault

Oct 6, 2007
    Hey, are you using Move Cursor to down the stairs? :scratch:
    If you want use the stairs, you need use the Comand Cursor: