Fallout 2 Megamod 2.47.5 Bugs

jamesgault2398

First time out of the vault
I played Fallout 2 and Fallout 2 RP, and just recently, I've installed Fallout 2's MIBB 88 (Megamod) After installing my own mods and playing through Megamod I will never look at RP again. THIS mod installed with other mods are funner than tipping a cow during mating season BUT. There are infamous bugs which anger me highly. And I wish they were fixed! Here are some bugs noted.

1): When trying to rescue Sulik's sister in the slaver camp location, the dialogue for both sulik's sister and the slaver guarding the camp is completely broken and frozen. You can move your mouse and all but the dialogue box is just stuck there as a freeze frame and you can't complete the quest which is a shame!

2): When trying to join the B.O.S. and help destroy any Enclave soldiers during a specific quest location error words pop up on enclave soldiers, you eventually fight and kill them after a while but after this the dialogue box opens up and a windows error pops up causing the game to ctd and the quest being broken.

3): huge unnecessary lag once you further delve into the game, this happens in sierra nevada depot, mariposa military base, and in general sometimes to half of the game idk why, but it's highly annoying and I know for a fact it's not my laptop trying to bottleneck the game (which it does so to solve that I have to play in windowed mode for now which solves the issue temporarily) but other than that, it's just these 3 things that bother me and oh one more thing.

4): The quest from arroyo to become a warrior is broken once, you get the 3 golden gecko hides. Once, you come back in the alotted time (there's also an alotted time issue which gives 14 days but says come back in 12 days) the tribe and all it's tribesmen accuses you that you cheated during the temple of trials and that you must clear your name. How can I clear my name, when the quest, doesn't give you any hints or clues as to how? The only solution to this is retrieving the GECK I must assume.

Misc errors, I have also noticed but hasn't made it on the 4 things I mentioned.

1: When trying to be a slaver and complete the quests for metzger he asks you to bring him 10 firearms, I brought 10 firearms to the guy and nothing happens, quest is broken fix it.

2: Can't find any cans for whisky bob, only firewood and whisky hence quest is broken unless I'm doing something wrong.

3: Can't talk to torr about bugmen snatching the brahmin unless im doing something wrong.

4: Can't kill the rats in klamath since, the option to go down the ladder to the ray lair says, "These steps are rusted and is impossible to get down to" Unless I'm doing something wrong that mini side quest is broken.

5: Starks quest to go and comply with the village, or he'll take them in as servants. I went to the village and there's nothing but a black and empty screen featuring yourself and whatever allies you have that can still move around in a voided black screen hence side quest is broken.

6: Stark's quest to go, scout out the 8 sectors of broken hills. Scouted and nothing happened to my advancement of the side quest. Quest is broken unless I'm doing something wrong.

7: Can't find Rebecca's book in the den (unless i'm doing something wrong)

Also, if anyone is interested, the mods I currently have installed are,
1: Custom perks mod,
2: Experience mod,
3: Random Encounters mod
4: World location map lists mod
5: Perk Every level mod,
6: Lootable armor mod
7: F12Se just a side add on (Use it for actions points mostly, don't like how AP is distributed in the game).
8: And of course MIB88 (Megamod)

That's all I can think of for now

Since I am new to the Mod as well, I will try to help.

4): The quest from arroyo to become a warrior is broken once, you get the 3 golden gecko hides. Once, you come back in the alotted time (there's also an alotted time issue which gives 14 days but says come back in 12 days) the tribe and all it's tribesmen accuses you that you cheated during the temple of trials and that you must clear your name. How can I clear my name, when the quest, doesn't give you any hints or clues as to how? The only solution to this is retrieving the GECK I must assume.

Not broken. While I did not return in time. The cheating accusations are irrelevant to the above quest.
You need to talk to tribe leader once you are back

3: Can't talk to torr about bugmen snatching the brahmin unless im doing something wrong.

Not broken, working as intended.
This quest has been removed from the mod

4: Can't kill the rats in klamath since, the option to go down the ladder to the ray lair says, "These steps are rusted and is impossible to get down to" Unless I'm doing something wrong that mini side quest is broken.

Not borken, working as intended.
There is a new entrance to the quest. The quest giver gives you the hint

Since I am new to the Mod as well, I will try to help.

Not broken. While I did not return in time. The cheating accusations are irrelevant to the above quest.
You need to talk to tribe leader once you are back

Not broken, working as intended.
This quest has been removed from the mod

Not borken, working as intended.
There is a new entrance to the quest. The quest giver gives you the hint

Looked for a guide by the way, as I have errors in my post lol, I found out some solutions, but the only thing that erks me about megamod is that fact that you can't keep playing after you finish the main quest. The guides also, doesn't say anything about the enclave or anything like that related to the main quest. Since, you're new to this mod like myself, were you able to continue playing after you finished the main quest? I would love to continue playing but after I finished everything in the enclave oil rig base and get the ending it returns me back to the main menu screen

Since, you're new to this mod like myself, were you able to continue playing after you finished the main quest?

Hell dude, I am about to leave The Den :/, and in FO2 original I only got to Broken Hills and my companions bugged and I didnt have a back up. So, I just waited for MMod 47.5. I should be done before the end of the year :).

Hell dude, I am about to leave The Den :/, and in FO2 original I only got to Broken Hills and my companions bugged and I didnt have a back up. So, I just waited for MMod 47.5. I should be done before the end of the year :).

Well just a spoiler here, I'll warn you but I did finish megamod and amazing as it is, I wasn't able to keep playing after I finished the main quest which was a big bummer. Megamod is amazing but, it sucks since, you can't continue playing after you finish the main quest, in that case, I'll just wait for another version to come up and hopefully they'll include the option to keep playing maybe in version 2.47.6 or 2.48 I really want to continue playing this game modded but, unfortunately the game only returns to the main screen :/

Well just a spoiler here, I'll warn you but I did finish megamod and amazing as it is, I wasn't able to keep playing after I finished the main quest which was a big bummer. Megamod is amazing but, it sucks since, you can't continue playing after you finish the main quest, in that case, I'll just wait for another version to come up and hopefully they'll include the option to keep playing maybe in version 2.47.6 or 2.48 I really want to continue playing this game modded but, unfortunately the game only returns to the main screen :/

Unless.... I'm doing something wrong and you can get the vertibird to get out of the base hopefully...

try this setting in ddraw.ini ,unsure if it maters but make sure it is set to 0

Code:
;Changes some of Fallout 2 engine functions to Fallout 1 behavior:
;- disables playing the final movie/credits after the endgame slideshow
;- disables halving the weight for power armor items
;- endgame_movie script function plays movie 10 or 11 based on the player's gender before the credits
Fallout1Behavior=0

Code:
;- endgame_movie script function plays movie 10 or 11 based on the player's gender before the credits
Fallout1Behavior=0

You know what Nirran, I'll try that and I'll let you know to see if it works or not. I'll edit my ddraw.ini file. I appreciate the response. Thanks.

Code:
Fallout1Behavior=0

Just took a look at the ddraw.ini and it's already set to zero. Any other help?

nope sorry but i know for a fact megamod allows playing after quest is done

edit : at least it did play through while back

Last edited:
... is that fact that you can't keep playing after you finish the main quest...

I didn't do anything with that aspect of the game. It's been so long since I've finished the game. But, I thought it was supposed to ask you if you want to continue playing? Or, is it automatic? No, there is nothing I remember intentionally adding that should force it to end.

Also, thank you for the bug reports. Can't say when I'll be able to tackle them, but I do appreciate it.

I didn't do anything with that aspect of the game. It's been so long since I've finished the game. But, I thought it was supposed to ask you if you want to continue playing? Or, is it automatic? No, there is nothing I remember intentionally adding that should force it to end.

Also, thank you for the bug reports. Can't say when I'll be able to tackle them, but I do appreciate it.

No problem, also I am still not able to finish the game for some reason unfortunately :/ it doesn't give me the option to ask if I want to continue playing it just ends. Also, there is a bug in the game where it randomly crashes to desktop CTD when playing, randomly though.

I really love this mod and hope another version comes out that beats restoration project out of the woods. (Hopefully, it'll be 99% bug free I really love megamod I'm tired of playing restoration project lol)

Back