Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    So all that remains to be done is bug-hunting? Assuming all goes well, when do you think it might be released then, Killap? I'm not asking for an exact date, to be honest, something like "in this\next month" would be fine.

Anyways, I'm glad to see project nearing completion, it's been a while.

2. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    External. The music at the Primitive Tribe is also external and made by a member here at NMA.

Sort of. There are always things here and there that I have surely forgotten. I stopped modding abruptly and I am still redisovering where I left off.

When it's done. ;) Seriously though, I'm hoping for early January (a New Year gift) Let's see if I can pull off a Fallout deadline this time...

3. Recon Rover Rick

Recon Rover Rick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 21, 2008
    Hey, if you need help bug hunting I'd always be willing to give it a playthrough and see what's bugged. :D Anything to play through it just a little earlier...

4. moorindal

moorindal First time out of the vault

Nov 29, 2009
    Great. So the next question is as follows: is it on Creative Commons license or not?
    Generally, I'm asking of copyright issues, because I'd like to use part of "Abbey music" in my musical project.

5. Kwiatmen666

Kwiatmen666 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 28, 2006
    Well it's great to know you're back on the scene :clap: Can't wait to play the new patch.

I won't do any bug-hunting though, because I finished version 1.2 some time ago and reporting anything else would be just repeating myself.

But you can count on me after 1.3 release ;]

6. Mad Ivan

Mad Ivan First time out of the vault

Mar 6, 2008
    Maybe rarely I wright anything in here or even log in but often check this thread for any news, and still waiting with impatience.

Keep on making good job Killap.

p.s.: If there is new text I will be happy to translate it.

7. crabhead

crabhead First time out of the vault

Dec 24, 2008
    Bravo, dude... :clap:

Hadn't visited this forum for more than a year. Thought this is never gonna happen :mrgreen:

-----------------------------
    Does anyone know where i can find a copy of this game 'cause i lost my installation disc and now i can't find another anywhere... :(

8. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Warez talk is not allowed here, on NMA.

And installing the game in any means, other than using a CD you bought from an official source, is illegal (and considered warez).

Shortly, this is not the place to ask this question.

9. crabhead

Dec 24, 2008
    Did i mentioned any "warez" in my previous post? Show me.

I just wanted to ask where to find(buy-purchase-rent-ect...) this game (a link to an e-store or sumthing).
    That'll do the job.

10. jmarsh07

jmarsh07 First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2007
    Look at Amazon under software\fallout :clap:

11. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    Uhh... My bad, sorry.

12. dalponis

dalponis First time out of the vault

Aug 10, 2003
    Oh noes! Watch out for the attack of the warez!

Duck and cover!

13. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Update:

First round of beta testing is currently underway. I'm still looking at an early January release, so hang in there gang.

Merry Christmas everyone!

14. SPC

SPC First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2007
    You could try this source

15. crabhead

Dec 24, 2008
    This is exactly what i'm looking for, thanks a lot!

16. JSilver

JSilver First time out of the vault

Dec 25, 2009
    1. Is this patch available for testing already? And where if answer is yes?

2. Is there any hint list what to attend firstly or I should do it myself by comparing *.int files with older ones?

3. I have clear master.dat and critter.dat (1.0 version) and 1.02US patch as patch000.dat and fallout2.exe files. What should I do with them?

17. Recon Rover Rick

Recon Rover Rick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 21, 2008
    1: I'd say it's safe to assume they were sent to the beta testers directly as opposed to hosting somewhere; as well as I doubt killap would tell anyone where it's hosted before the testing is finished either, for that matter. :(

2: Not sure what you're asking there. Do you mean what files will be changed?

3: If you're installing RP 1.2 then I don't think it'll much matter, so long as you leave them where they are. I think. I don't know though. :/

18. User1981

User1981 First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2009
    I have a problem with two special encounters. For some reason, crashed whale and the cafe of broken dreams are both on the same place. Originally, the cafe was in another place. But I had no space for dogmeat, so I had to come back later.

And now I can´t get into the cafe. Every time I get the crashed whale map. None of them changes the location. Here´s a screenshot:

Is there anything I can do to get dogmeat?

19. Elitech

Elitech Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2008
    Which makes me ask the following question - is it possible to add random encounter locations in the "location list" on the right side (Abbey, Arroyo, Broken Hills, Cafe of broken dreams etc...)?

20. User1981

User1981 First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2009
    Nice idea. Don´t know, if it would help in my situation, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.