Fallout 2 Restoration Project 1.2 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

killap

Bear Dude
Modder
It's release time everyone! The long awaited 1.2 update to the Restoration Project is finally here. This release boasts numerous bug fixes, some new content additions, as well as the newly created and highly anticipated party member appearance mod. Everyone is highly suggested to update. Save games from 1.1 will work just fine with this update, but starting over is recommended if you are able to - it is not required though! This update makes the RP quite stable and what it was meant to be from the start.

The installer is now multilingual. In addition to English, the RP now offers French and Polish options. More translations will hopefully follow in the future.

Note: The file size of the RP has increased significantly. The installer is now almost 60MB in size and the manual version is around 33MB. Just a heads up here.

Below is a list of what is found in this release.

Enjoy!

Direct links:

2.0 has since been released. Head over to the new thread: here

Code:
======================================
Release 1.2: - Released JUNE/9/2008
======================================
New Content/Game Changes:

• There is now a diplomatic way to end the Kaga encounters.
• New dialogue for Flick after setting up the orphanage in the Den.
• Primitive Tribe now has its own unique music.
• Contaminating the SAD is now reflected in the New Reno ending.
• Harold's desk now has the yellow pass key which opens the doors in the Gecko Power Plant.
• The Cult of Personality and Karma Beacon perks have now been fully implemented.
• Robots that are destroyed at the SAD are now replaced - only on the Repair Level.
 -It is possible to prevent the robots from being replaced.
• Solar Scorcher is no longer obtainable from the Guardian Portal encounter. Instead, it is found at the EPA.
• Changed weapon placement at the EPA to improve overall game balance.
• Hubologists in random encounters are now hostile if you killed the Hubologists in San Fran.

Bug Fixes:

• Corrected numerous typos
• Fixed issue with Hakunin's locked chest.
• Planting normal seeds in Arroyo no longer crashes the game.
• It is no longer possible to get the "Figure out who's rustling the brahmin" quest after the Dunton's are dead.
• Cleaned up code involved in the Den gang war questline.
• Fixed bug with Harry not going to jail after you turn him in for giving guns to the Vault Village.
• Heavy clean up to the Vault Village questline.
• Fixed typo in the description of the Collect Food quest for the Vault Village.
• Removed debug code from the Brain's script which caused everyone to think the reactor was fixed after looking at his description.
• It is no longer possible to administer the jet antidote to Fannie in Redding yourself. It is only possible to cure Fannie through Lou.
• Fixed bug where leaving the map right after giving Fannie money would make it impossible for Fannie to OD on jet.
• Fixed dialogue scripting bug in Nikki's dialogue.
• Cleaned up Ranger code and how they react to the Slaver's camp quest.
• It's finally possible to fly the Vertibird from Navarro to the Enclave - was accidently not included in 1.1
• Gas mask now works inside the Broken Hills mine.
• Using the elevators at the EPA should no longer crash the game.
• Doors that use the ABRE password are no longer bugged.
• Killing the plants outside the EPA with the plant spray should no longer cause the quest to kill them to become unresolved.
• Fixed day/night lighting problems at the EPA. Only the botanical (green) level has a day/night cycle.
• Fixed some bugs with the Doctor at the EPA.
• The warrior at the Primitive Tribe will accept either regular or sharpened spears.
 -Fixed all bugs associated with this quest.
• Fixed the bug with fixing the well at the Primitive Tribe.
• Serin should no longer be found stuck inside walls or not show up in places he should.
• Removed the explodable rocks near the water at the Abbey.
• The quest "Inform brother Thomas and father Tully about the whereabouts of each other" is miss-named. It should be Samuel and not Thomas. This has been corrected.
• Failing to steal from the Slavers at the Slaver camp should cause them to become hostile.
• Your car will no longer be left at the Slaver camp when you bring Sulik's sister back to the Primitive Tribe.
• The guards at the Hubologist stash are no longer unarmed.
• Restored the missing graphic to the watch at the Hubologist stash.
• Numerous other bug fixes/code optimizations not worth mentioning in detail.

Yay! Its here!
Fallout 2!!!

I hope there arent many bugs because of the new content though
I am a total code n00b and have waited until this release before even thinking about playing

Is it still best to install on a 1.0 install? or can i install it on a 1.1 or 1.2 disc or whatever? If it must be 1.0 whats the simplest way to get it there?

THX you are the best ever Mr. Bear!;

Before i download, is this release compatible with XP/2000/98/Me ?
I remember there was a problem that needed different executables in 98/Me ?

Robsoie said:
Before i download, is this release compatible with XP/2000/98/Me ?
I remember there was a problem that needed different executables in 98/Me ?

Everything is outlined clearly when you download the file. If you get the installer, then just click and run. If you download the manual install, then read the readme.

To wiki posters:

I have since updated the F2RP wiki page to reflect the update. I have decided to remove bugs corrected rather than leave them with a strike through. Reason: People get scared when they see a large list of bugs despite the list telling them that 99% of them are fixed. I don't want to deal with this, so the list will just reflect what is wrong in 1.2 - not what was wrong in 1.0. If we want, we can have a septate section which details what is updated in every release.

I have left a few bugs in place since some are still applicable.

Fantastic, I will snatch the .223 Pistol sound and use it in my mod. Thank you yet again for making the world go around.

Bug:
If you first meet Vic without a water flask in your inventory, you get the option to ask him "Where is your friend Ed again?" and he answers "Vault City. Check that fancy map thing of yours". If you do have the water flask when you talk to him, you still get the option to ask him "Where is your friend Ed again.", and he answers "From my friend Ed in Vault City." If you then ask him about Ed after this, he says the line "Vault City. Check that fancy map thing of yours.

Suggestion:
When you reveal the location of Whiskey Bob's still to Sajag, you can learn from him that he has some superiors in the Den. When you argue with him to get better prices and fail a skill check, you always get an option to say "You've got connections to the Den. Come on, I know you can make me a better deal." and this option always wins. Could you make it so that this option only appears when you've actually learned that he has connections to the Den?

killap said:
I have since updated the F2RP wiki page to reflect the update. I have decided to remove bugs [...] I have left a few bugs in place since some are still applicable.
The wiki has built-in page history. I think the current way is good. I think we should remove all references to pre-v1.2, unless it's relevant to people who have never seen F2RP before (who are, after all, the primary target group of that page)

Yay! Great to see 1.2 is out, I shall have to download it ASAP and try it tomorrow morning after breakfast!

Appreciate your dedication, Killap! :D

GREAT!! we finally have restoration project 1.2 and just a few days after weapons redone 1.2 was released. I'm gonna try both out now. Thanks killap (and magnus if in case he drops by here).

question. is it advisable to install the AP ammo fix if i plan to install the weaponms redone by magnus?

Phelanpatrick said:
question. is it advisable to install the AP ammo fix if i plan to install the weaponms redone by magnus?
Probably not. I think Magnus did something to address this issue as well.

Getting a fallout appears to be running in compatibility mode error. Didn't happen before installing RP 1.2. Also tried disabling compatibility and turning it on.

insanepipe said:
Getting a fallout appears to be running in compatibility mode error. Didn't happen before installing RP 1.2. Also tried disabling compatibility and turning it on.
This was set by Timeslip in his tweaks. There is no need to run the game in compatibility mode anymore. Are you saying that despite not running it in compatibility mode, it still fails? What OS are you running?

insanepipe said:
Yeah I turned compatibility mode off and it still gives that error. Using Vista Home
Distressing. I'll try and get a hold of Timeslip and see what he says.

Um, any other Vista users here? Similar problems?

Okay got it fixed, turns out i had some options in compatibility mode still checked. Unchecking them solves the problem.

insanepipe said:
Okay got it fixed, turns out i had some options in compatibility mode still checked. Unchecking them solves the problem.
Ah, this is good to know for future reference. Do post again if you run again into anything else. :D

Now I'm getting weird colors whenever I start the game. Colors are fine for a second then immediately goes all funky.

Edit: Nevermind...only seems to happen during certain opening sequences. O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back