Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chancellor Kremlin said:
Thanks Darek. So is the 0 veriable not changeable then? And on that note, if these two characters have unused/unimplemented dialogue, is there any chance others do too? Is this within the scope of the Restoration Project?
You need to slightly edit the script to be able sleep with Frankie, or you can edit that variable with F2se. You don't get anything else than sexual experience though. They might first have planned for you to be able to sleep with Frankie but then later decided to go with Billie instead. I would like this to be fixed though.

DarkCorp said:
Using patch 2.0e. I am stuck with the light quest at the EPA. The old way to do it is to use science on the generator in the room with the 0000 hologram. Problem is whenever I try using a skill on the top generator it says I cannot reach it. I also think the basic description when you binoc it also is changed.

So how the heck am I supposed to fix the lights so I can get the agility serum?
The light generator has been moved to another level. Also the agility serum is missing in RP 2.0, but it will be back in the next release.

Thanks Darek.

Like I said in a previous post, I am not managing to open some of the files associated with script. I would not mind editing it, but I would have to be told what to do and what program to use (I have F2SE, but don't know how to edit scripts with it)

Chancellor Kremlin, I am not going to explain how to decompile, edit and compile scripts as it's too much trouble. Besides there are tutorials and info on what programs to use scattered around here and the Vault wikia.

How to edit your savegame with F2se:
Choose your save (you have to have been to the map where you want to make a change). Under the Maps tab, click DENBUS2.SAV and then the edit button. Under scripts, scroll down and select DCFranki.int.
On the right side under "Variables" you'll see LVAR_7=0. Click it and then change the Value in the lower right corner to 1. Press OK and then save. Voila :)

Or you can just download dcfranki.int and put it in your data\scripts folder.

valcik said:
Radar E 33 said:
With criticals i can get 110 max.
What traits do you have? "Heavy handed" reduce effect of criticals, "Finesse" reduce overal damage (-25%).

Radar E 33 said:
I can't find an improved flamerthrower :(
[spoiler:5b9ff91922]In the basement of "New Reno Arms" you'll find guy, who upgrade your basic flamer to improved one.[/spoiler:5b9ff91922]

I am using neither. It appears that the game is severely reducing damage when using a normal flamer (due to the positive DR resistance that comes with using normal fuel). I can't understand why a guy with a leather jacket suddenly takes less damage because i'm using "normal" fuel; last time i checked, fire doesn't give people a bonus to their "damage resistance" lol. After posting last night, i found the way to get the improved flamer, and its damage is now more consistent (as i am using flamer fuel MK II's now). I'm doing about 50-80 damage with an improved flamer.

Not necessarily a bug at this point, but something that needs to be addressed. As i am using F2: weapons redone, i'll have to post in Magnus' thread on this issue as well. Please note, that this was happening before and after i got Magnus' mod.

Back to "genuine" bugs, here's one: (1) If you read a bunch of books in San Fran a day before the first dream sequence and then go past the triggering time for the first dream as a result, the game will crash when the first dream sequence is complete. The sequence will start the moment you close your inventory after reading those books.

I would post the link to my save, but rapidshare is down right now it seems. Will post later.

Edit: http://rapidshare.com/files/403898521/Books_and_first_dream_game_crash.7z.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/403900074/Radar_E_33_Saves.7z.html
(pertains to bugs 2 and 4)

2) found another bug in NCR. If you attempt to super stimpack assassinate the guard chief out of the gun/gambling shop, save, and then reload your save, you will turn the guard near the ranger outpost hostile. Should you walk in front of him, he will start shooting and turn the town hostile towards you (Save slot 5). As well, the Chief is invincible to non-combative means of assassination (dynamite, super stimpacks, etc).

3) K-9 will disappear from your party and the game if he enters the wananigo mines with you.

4) wananigo eggs will... er, turn hostile if you plant dynamite near them (Save slot 7).

5) If you are accidentally shot by Vault City Patrols in encounters, the whole patrol will attack you. Defending yourself from attack nets you negative karma.

"You know it is updated if the rock at the start of the game says 2.0.2e. "

where is this rock? I cant find the rock u mention xlolx. Thank for your amazing work. I remembered i played version 1.02 some yrs back...f3 is no where near as fun. *it's fun, but..no near.*

Also i have another Q, i used default female character, but when the game start, the character appears to be a muscular guy.

Is this some kind of bug?

Darek said:
Chancellor Kremlin, I am not going to explain how to decompile, edit and compile scripts as it's too much trouble. Besides there are tutorials and info on what programs to use scattered around here and the Vault wikia.

How to edit your savegame with F2se:
Choose your save (you have to have been to the map where you want to make a change). Under the Maps tab, click DENBUS2.SAV and then the edit button. Under scripts, scroll down and select DCFranki.int.
On the right side under "Variables" you'll see LVAR_7=0. Click it and then change the Value in the lower right corner to 1. Press OK and then save. Voila :)

Or you can just download dcfranki.int and put it in your data\scripts folder.

Thanks Darek, worked. What I find interesting about both dialogue options is that there are clear ramifications to the conversations, eg being given different chances, and different responses related to performance levels. It seems they went quite a long way to just disregard both conversations fully.

Im curious now, is there any more incomplete dialogue throughout the game? Not only of this nature, but ANY dialogue?

something else, Im in redding, and I can;t get the doc there to talk about the implants, (I did download the details from the VC medical computer, and the doc in VC is too expensive, yet I can't get the doc in redding to talk about the implants, regardless of the speech options I try, bug? using latest version of RP, and will supply a save if needed, most odd,

matthewfarmery said:
something else, Im in redding, and I can;t get the doc there to talk about the implants, (I did download the details from the VC medical computer, and the doc in VC is too expensive, yet I can't get the doc in redding to talk about the implants, regardless of the speech options I try, bug? using latest version of RP, and will supply a save if needed, most odd,
If you or any of your party members are injured or radiated, you can't talk about the implants. If you have him heal you, you have to exit dialog first and then talk again to get the option.
If you have one of the new NPCs from the EPA in your party, he will not heal him/her (but will still check for if one of them are injured). It's a bug. So heal him/her yourself or temporary leave it out of your party.

Chancellor Kremlin said:
Im curious now, is there any more incomplete dialogue throughout the game? Not only of this nature, but ANY dialogue?
Yes there are a few lines here and there. I haven't made notes of the ones I've found so meh, it's hard to remember.
Marcus has some and Myron has this little bit unused:
# 208. OKAY ME HAVE SOME OF THOSE ME GUESS ME HAVE RUFF DAY (207, 210)
{1245}{myn208}{Excellent...here you go. A little drink - help you re-lax, y'know what I mean?}
{1246}{}{Drenk}
{1247}{}{Yoo }
{6247}{}{'s fren?}
It's just another way for him to drug a dum and pretty female character I think. It's in the script, but whatever was supposed to lead up to it is missing.
Sulik has pretty many if I remember correctly. I made this list before, which I think are unused speech (there are more text only as well).
{108}{slk2b}{Oh, no. We and I don't talk to no slave owner.}

{240}{slk9a}{We and I will do so.}
{241}{slk9b}{We and I are the spirit of wrath, fren.}

{244}{slk10b}{We and I are ready to fight.}

{246}{slk11a}{We be like a turtle, fren.}
{247}{slk11b}{We and I will.}

{250}{slk12a}{This one bad trip, fren.}
{251}{slk12b}{We have felt better.}

{253}{slk13a}{It's so bad, we all hurt.}
{254}{slk13b}{Spirits think we and I may be joining them soon.}

{257}{slk14a}{Spirit of poison making home in me.}
{258}{slk14b}{Poison spirit moving in, moving out good spirits fast.}

{260}{slk15a}{Evil spirit is possessing us, fren. Chunks of hair be falling out!}
{261}{slk15b}{We and I glowing! Very bad spirit here.}

{263}{slk16a}{This good place. Maybe no one try to kill us for a change.}
{264}{slk16b}{Grandfather Bone say this good place.}

{267}{slk17a}{Bad spirits lurk here. We need to walk on.}
{268}{slk17b}{Grampy Bone say we should leave here.}

{270}{slk18a}{We and I've been in bad places before. This worse.}
{271}{slk18b}{Grampy Bone say this one bad place. If he talk, you and we need to listen.}

{390}{}{They all very sad. Say time coming soon where there'll be nothing but bonespirits here.}
{391}{}{This place has no future. We and you need to do something.}

{480}{slk27na}{You must be a bridge between sides.}
{482}{slk27nb}{Quiet that which is under the water or the salvation of your tribe will also go under.}
{483}{slk27nc}{That which pushes the great steel tree into the sky must go to cradle the tribe.}
{484}{slk27nd}{Your people are worth more than the dark gold. Carry them with no less care.}

{490}{}{Those who appear to be spirits but are not carry many secrets.}
{491}{}{Like an onion, there are many layers, most hidden.}
{492}{}{The lifting machine may take you to unexpected places.}

{560}{slk28a}{We need a little time to be by ourself.}
{561}{slk28b}{Be needing some time off. A little smoke, a little think.}

{706}{slk29a}{Let us show you how it's done in our tribe.}
{707}{slk29b}{We be knowing the earth and winds well. We take care of this one.}
{708}{slk29c}{Bonespirits help us out on this one.}

{718}{slk33a}{Time for a little herb-superb anyway. More for us.}
{719}{slk33b}{Sounds like a plan. Bad things following you around like nobody's business anyway.}
{720}{slk33c}{Good luck to you, fren. We be thinking you be needing it.}

{724}{slk35a}{Hey, fren, just tell us to get out of your way.}
{725}{slk35b}{Sorry, fren.}
{726}{slk35c}{We move for you, no problem.}

{727}{slk36a}{Will do.}
{728}{slk36b}{Grampy Bone be telling us same thing}
{729}{slk36c}{Lotta fighting. Need better weapon.}

{730}{slk37a}{Spirits help, too. That and armor almost enough around you.}
{731}{slk37b}{Good idea. You draw angry people like flies on pasture pies.}
{732}{slk37c}{With you around, we be needing all we can get.}
{733}{slk37d}{It too heavy, fen. We like to dance away from the bad things.}

{734}{slk38a}{You need it, you got it.}
{735}{slk38b}{Let's do it.}
{736}{slk38c}{Trading no problem, fren. But only got one Grampy Bone. Sorry.}

{742}{slk40a}{We and I will take a look.}
{743}{slk40b}{Grampy Bone saying we should be careful.}
{744}{slk40c}{No problem. Make sure it safe for our fren.}

{745}{slk41a}{From now on you give two for one in trades...Just kidding. Grampy Bone
say you get funny look - like that one.}
{747}{slk41c}{What's ours is yours, fren.}

{790}{slk52a}{You're bad news walking. Grampy Bone say we be stacking up the bad karma just being
near you.}

{890}{slk66}{What be the fighting strategy?}

{905}{slk68}{How do you want us to fight?}

{916}{slk70a}{Be like middle of ant hill here. Too crowded for us.}
{917}{slk70b}{Our tribe seems smaller than this. Too many people for this trip.}
{918}{slk70c}{You have your army. Don't need we and I for help now.}

{919}{slk71}{We and I sad to see you take the mark. Think you growing dark in the soul. Have to
go. See you.}

{920}{slk72}{You think owning people OK? Some fren. We're gone.}

{922}{slk73b}{You like a bad dream. We gotta go.}

{923}{slk74}{No way we be frens with Child Killer.}

{924}{slk75}{We think you're making a big mistake, but OK.}

{961}{slk82a}{By the time you're done, won't be a bad person in the world.}
{962}{slk82b}{Fren, you ever wonder if there's more bad people than bullets?}

{963}{slk83a}{You just like to see insides of bodies, right?}
{964}{slk83b}{Grampy Bone say I should worry if no one else around for you to kill.}

{965}{slk84a}{We and I think your little head be doing all the thinking.}
{966}{slk84b}{You spend too much time laying down on job.}
Anyway, I think that is what that list was for. I'm getting senile. :)

thanks, I was injured, letting him heal me then come out then restart the convo, and he was able to do talk about the implants, now I need to get a suit of combat armour (I know where I can find a suit)

question, is it worth the trouble and money for the level two upgrades? I was thinking of getting the dermal one, but not sure if they are worth having or not?

Wow, that is a pretty long list for a single character lol.

If it falls under the scope of the project I would not mind reading through the dialogue files and try and spot anything I think has been unused, I have a lot of time in my hands right now.

On a sidenote, I've noticed some other few bugs. The assault rifle with extended mag used by cassidy sometimes does not sound off properly (the shot sound is completely absent), and the Primitive Tribe seems a bit ... incomplete. The last version IIRC someone clearly told you to do chores (certain quests) before you could talk to the Chief, and this time round its a bit random, you aren't really told why no one speaks to you or is so hostile, etc.

Chancellor Kremlin said:
If it falls under the scope of the project I would not mind reading through the dialogue files and try and spot anything I think has been unused, I have a lot of time in my hands right now.
Unused dialogue does fall under the scope of the project. If you have the time to go through the files, be my guest. I would appreciate it.

Probably a little bug :
As I remember, the Den residential map used to be west through the scrapyard. Now, it is south, but the young guy in the orphanage quest refers to mom as "east", while that should be "northeast" now.

Maybe a little bug, or oversight, or plain random:
while all the squatters in the house of the den orphanage, quest finished, switch to "we will work hard" lines, there is one standing there that displays the regular "i got the shakes bad". Aren't they all supposed to change? I can provide a savegame where I stand in front of the guy, if interested.

Maybe a bug:
When using the pip-boy to rest anywhere, I do get a health point every three hours, while the description in the character screen (and the fallout wiki for that matter) say I get health every six hours? I have EN=4 and 1 point of Healing Rate.

On behalf of the nude posters, I really like that Idea and think it really fits in the game. Maybe some rooms of good people like moms in the Den could have a "nice" (sunny island or such) poster, to contrast?

Goettschwan said:
As I remember, the Den residential map used to be west through the scrapyard. Now, it is south, but the young guy in the orphanage quest refers to mom as "east", while that should be "northeast" now.
Ah, good catch.

Goettschwan said:
while all the squatters in the house of the den orphanage, quest finished, switch to "we will work hard" lines, there is one standing there that displays the regular "i got the shakes bad". Aren't they all supposed to change? I can provide a savegame where I stand in front of the guy, if interested.
Probably is just a normal Den addict (who looks just like a squatter) that happened to wander over to the building.

In the last restoration patch (forgot which one), you can immediately get the hand/use icon on the vertibird which triggers the guard convo.

In 2.0E, I can only binoc the vertibird even with the GECK and talking with Hakunin about the tribal abduction. What gives?

As of RP 2.x, the verti (which brought you to the Enclave) at Navarro is no longer usable. It is the verti in the Salvatore desert transaction that you can fly to Navarro. This change was made after further investigation into the original intent of the developers.

Den : The fight against Tylers gang 1st Phase :
I got hit accidentally by Laras gang, them turning all red after that.
Nothing strange happened in the fight, but I told her to wait for healing and then got a warning for straying, saying again I wanted her to wait. After that, I couldn't access the dialog anymore, only a "headover" saying "there you are" and after one time talking to lara and the others, I couldn't anymore speak to them at all (the speak icon has no effect. I have a savegame from after the fight where they don't talk.

Second try: Reloaded to before accepting to fight, all goes well, cannot reproduce the error (but didn't get hit also). We got to Phase 2 in the residential, win. She says to pick up the money at the church.
some seconds pass with nobody moving, then dialog opens and she says "thanks, here is your money and a 100 extra". After that, for some time nothing happens, then she just dissapears, instead of walking away. I go to the church, and get the same dialog one time again (but am unsure about the money), then only 'thank you' dialogs.

matthewfarmery, have you managed to get the NPCs to act properly? To me, Sulik, Vic and Cassidy all just stand there doing nothing until something crosses at about 3 hexes distance from them. It happens to me a lot before than the Modoc quest and with small and big critters (deathclaws, mr. handy, rats, all the same). I have:

FO2 humongous install
RP 2.0 (all optional installs)
2.0.2e patch
Party orders add-on
Miria for real

The last two mods are listed as confirmed RP 2.0 compatibility.

Sorry if this have been addressed before but i couldn't find anything.

Woe is me. New bugs :(

-Attempting to have sex with one of Miss Kitty's girls causes the game to crash.

http://rapidshare.com/files/404188484/Miss_kitty_glitch.7z.html

-As well, attempting to tell your party members to loot the bodies in the desperado after a massacre will cause the game to crash 5 seconds into looting.

-Significant slow down occurs after blowing up several NPC's with a rocket launcher (tested at the Desperado).

I still cannot get Sulik's sisters quest or even get the primitive tribe to show up on the map. NPC armors are not working either.

Using: sfall version 2.9, RP lootable armor, market booster 1.0, Party orders add-on, Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v. 2.1c, and RP 2.0e.

Windows XP SP3 (2005 media center addition)
2 gigs RAM
Pentium D 2.8ghz processor
up to date Dx drivers
Nvidia GTS 250 1 gig RAM

Radar E 33 said:
Woe is me. New bugs :(

Using: sfall version 2.9, RP lootable armor, market booster 1.0, Party orders add-on, Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v. 2.1c, and RP 2.0e.

Is it a fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back