Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zkylon I managed to do it again, this time managed to save all but one, of the mutated cows, I think the problem was I gave sulik a sledgehammer, but he did act a bit strange, not always going after the dogs, or not least the ones closest to him, when I tried again, I gave him a SMG, this made him a lot better, plus I think the other problem was, that either him or vic were accidentally hitting the mutated cows, (can't remember how to spell the names) rather then the dogs, vic was still useless, he just kept running away, (even though he had a shotgun and mark 2 combat armour, and he was set to aggressive, (maybe I should play around with the custom aggression settings? but I did manage to do it, sulik seems to be a decent HTH fighter, but vic seems utter useless,

but anyway, got past that point, in redding, and not had any issues since (so looking forward to 2.1, as I know my starting stats I could tweak a bit, 4 or 5 endurance and add a point to luck so I can get better crits,

but yeah very nice mod, I will look at the other mods you listed and try them maybe, did a full install with latest version

@ matthewfarmery,
Did you check if your NPC's had broken limbs? That's what it sounds like. There is a high probability that they get injured in the outhouse explosion.

@ killap,
I checked out the bug with carry weight when using the Fallout 2 Hintbook.
It's from using the Small Frame trait.
First of all having small frame + gifted will give you 10 too much in carry capacity (bug).
Second, the strength gain from power armor and/or drugs don't take small frame into consideration.
So if you wear advanced power armor while having the small frame trait, you will have 40 extra carry capacity than if it was your own strength stats. If you also have the gifted trait that gives you an extra 10, So by using the hintbook you may lose up to a total of 50 in capacity.
I don't know if anything can really be done about this.

Also if you wear power armor or are on drugs while using the hintbook, you will not get the full stats gain.
The problem comes from you setting all the bonus stats (extra) to 0. You shouldn't really do that as those stats can actually become negative.
Example: Wearing adv. power armor. = bonus ST +4, after setting it to 0, removing the armor = bonus ST -4.

this was before the outhouse explosion, as I did the guard duty quest before that, but it possible that they could have had broken limbs, but Im in redding now, but will check if vic has a broken limb still but yes good idea, id there an easy way to check for broken limbs? or should I use the doctor skill, (I am pretty high) but thanks for the feedback, this really is a different game, yeah, broken limbs is something I do need to watch out for

Sephis said:
Radar E 33 said:
Woe is me. New bugs :(

Using: sfall version 2.9, RP lootable armor, market booster 1.0, Party orders add-on, Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v. 2.1c, and RP 2.0e.

Is it a fresh install?

Yep. Happened before reinstalling and after reinstalling.

matthewfarmery said:
.. id there an easy way to check for broken limbs?
Examine characters with "binocular" action and read messagebox. (use in-game mouse cursor)

btw players who use the mod with WIN7 and use SFALL graphics settings, will most likely have to change those 2 lines:

BackgroundKeyboard=1
BackgroundMouse=1

in ddraw.ini manual.

maybe a link to its development page or its faq should be added the wiki page or the main page here.

matthewfarmery said:
@zkylon I managed to do it again, this time managed to save all but one, of the mutated cows, I think the problem was I gave sulik a sledgehammer, but he did act a bit strange, not always going after the dogs, or not least the ones closest to him, when I tried again, I gave him a SMG, this made him a lot better, plus I think the other problem was, that either him or vic were accidentally hitting the mutated cows, (can't remember how to spell the names) rather then the dogs, vic was still useless, he just kept running away, (even though he had a shotgun and mark 2 combat armour, and he was set to aggressive, (maybe I should play around with the custom aggression settings? but I did manage to do it, sulik seems to be a decent HTH fighter, but vic seems utter useless,

but anyway, got past that point, in redding, and not had any issues since (so looking forward to 2.1, as I know my starting stats I could tweak a bit, 4 or 5 endurance and add a point to luck so I can get better crits,

but yeah very nice mod, I will look at the other mods you listed and try them maybe, did a full install with latest version
To me, it happens before, though i'm now unsure if it's only against multi-hex critters or against everyone (i remember there was something on multi-hex critters somethere on the thread), because Sulik's been doing great against pigrats. I thought it could be that he didn't have the armor/weapon animation combo but i tried taking his leather armor off and giving him a spear and no luck. Sulik's also on "Charge!", "Never Run" and "attack whoever you want" and he still stands there. :/

And yeah, congrats on an awesome mod, killaps (and all the other contributors, 'course). Yours is Inspiring work.

EDIT: by the way, i too thought they might have broken limbs but they're in mint condition :D

Radar E 33 said:
Sephis said:
Radar E 33 said:
Woe is me. New bugs :(

Using: sfall version 2.9, RP lootable armor, market booster 1.0, Party orders add-on, Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v. 2.1c, and RP 2.0e.

Is it a fresh install?

Yep. Happened before reinstalling and after reinstalling.
It sounds like quite a few of your problems may be coming from, looting and armor looting. Have you tried disabling your mods and seeing if the same errors occur.

Three bugs I have noticed.

In redding, I decided to explore the underground tunnels beneath the city (with the rats, odd wanamingos and mutated pigrats) before going into the Malamute Saloon. When I got there, Lou told me I gave Fanny Mae too much money and she overdosed, despite the fact I'd never set foot in there or spoken to Fanny Mae.

Second one in Broken Hills. From the very beggining it seems possible to recruit Marcus into my party (over the charisma limit it seems, I have 8 charisma and already four npc's) and that makes any quest you have with him impossible to complete.

Thirdly, going into the bar in Broken Hills to challenge (Lenny, the supermutant?) to a arm wrestle, he just says he's heard of me and does not associate with scum, despite me having 800+ Karma and Champion reputation.

I've run up against a bug that I'd consider a gamebreaker-- the game causes an application error and crashes whenever I try to equip any ranged weapon. Melee weapons that can be thrown don't seem to cause a problem, but purely ranged weapons will crash the game without fail. It's so bad that I can't even Ctrl+Alt+Del out of Fallout to read the text of the error.

I'm fairly certain this first happened when I talked my way out of the Verti-Assault encounter and then stole the Enclave Trooper's gauss pistol. The game froze as soon as I tried to equip it, and every time I tried to equip a ranged weapon afterwards. Unfortunately, I've completely reinstalled since then and don't have that game. HERE is a save from the new install, though, and it crashes as soon as I try to equip a Spore Plant spike in Arroyo.

I'm using the most recent Fallout Trilogy release, which means I've got the Humongous Install of Version 1.02 by default (though I didn't install the fan patch or the Blurring Colors Patch that came packaged with it). I then installed RP 2.0 with the Windows Installer, upgraded to RP 2.0.2e, and upgraded to sfall 2.10, in that order. (All before starting a game, though, of course.)

Yamu said:
I've run up against a bug that I'd consider a gamebreaker-- the game causes an application error and crashes whenever I try to equip any ranged weapon. Melee weapons that can be thrown don't seem to cause a problem, but purely ranged weapons will crash the game without fail. It's so bad that I can't even Ctrl+Alt+Del out of Fallout to read the text of the error.

I'm fairly certain this first happened when I talked my way out of the Verti-Assault encounter and then stole the Enclave Trooper's gauss pistol. The game froze as soon as I tried to equip it, and every time I tried to equip a ranged weapon afterwards. Unfortunately, I've completely reinstalled since then and don't have that game. HERE is a save from the new install, though, and it crashes as soon as I try to equip a Spore Plant spike in Arroyo.

I'm using the most recent Fallout Trilogy release, which means I've got the Humongous Install of Version 1.02 by default (though I didn't install the fan patch or the Blurring Colors Patch that came packaged with it). I then installed RP 2.0 with the Windows Installer, upgraded to RP 2.0.2e, and upgraded to sfall 10, in that order. (All before starting a game, though, of course.)

I think I know the problem. I'll try to get a fix for it in by tonight.

Edit: In the meanwhile, you have the following workaround. Open ddraw.ini and stick the following line under the [Misc] section:

Code:
BonusHtHDamageFix=0

Note that there is no such setting by default, so you'll need to manually add the entire line.

-- The Haen.

Thanks a lot. I've actually (seemingly) solved the problem by cleaning out my registry and then re-installing the full deal minus the sfall update, but if it comes up again I'll have your fix at the ready.

Again, for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain that stealing from the Enclave troopers in the Verti-Assault encounter is what touched this off (which would be the latest on a long list of the encounter's woes, if my understanding holds). I'll try to do a speed run to Gecko and report on whether I can reproduce it.

Yamu said:
Again, for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain that stealing from the Enclave troopers in the Verti-Assault encounter is what touched this off (which would be the latest on a long list of the encounter's woes, if my understanding holds). I'll try to do a speed run to Gecko and report on whether I can reproduce it.

Not necessarily, I did the same (and managed to wipe them out too :D ) without experiencing any problems afterwards.

Heh... I wish I would've checked back here before I started my "speed run." I've got pitifully low willpower when it comes to new Fallout distractions :roll:

My (eventual) findings were consistent with yours though, Chancellor. I just took the guy's pistol again and even shot him in the groin with it without incident. I suppose that narrows it down to either sfall 2.10 or a freak occurrence.

mor said:
the bad luck dog... how do kill it?

Erm... what this has to do with the RP?

Anyway... The best way is to trap Pariah dog and you into a small room (lock the door... just in case).

Then shoot it until it's dead.

It's an horrible way to solve problems...

Yamu said:
I suppose that narrows it down to either sfall 2.10 or a freak occurrence.

Yup. It's sfall 2.10 that's the problem. More specifically, the error occurs in a part of the code I wrote, so it's totally my fault :oops:. My apologies to everyone who experienced difficulties.

The fix should be up within the next half hour, though it'll be up to Timeslip to build a new release version of sfall with the fix incorporated.

-- The Haen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back