Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2 (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009
    Re: from other barrel

I believe that the follower who was with the slaves is now elsewhere, don't know which update did that, but I got her from a very secret place 8-)

Best ending for broken Hills you get by helping Marcus "clean out the town". Basically try to help them and don't blow up the mines - that's pretty much all you can do õ_o

2. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005

There is no new companion from the Slave Camp/Primitive Tribe - never was. The 3 new npcs are all found in a single location.

3. ebbpp

ebbpp First time out of the vault

Sep 8, 2010
    I quess in EPA? Care to write any info/statistic about them? Or redirect me somewhare where I can found it? Sorry for off-topic.

Well yes, but that ends up with abandoning the Broken Hills end.
    Did BlackIsle Studio put batter ending film there? If yes perhaps some way to have a Broken Hills good ending can be placed?

4. ebbpp

Sep 8, 2010
    daublepost

please delete this post

5. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009

Hmm. But for some reason I, too, remember talk about finding Kitsune in the slave camp. Why's that ? I could find those lines somewhere probably, but I doubt it's that important as it's false information

6. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008

It must be a misunderstanding. There is Kurisu in the Slaver's camp, not Kitsune.

7. Gaspard

Gaspard Kasparov

May 7, 2009

Probably then, 'cause I remember the name Kitsune, not Kurisu...

8. Psihotik

Psihotik It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 22, 2009
    The three NPCs are:

[spoiler:5a553c6507]Kitsune, Dexter and Jules. They can all be found in the EPA. They all start with 80 HP, they can use all armors, but only Kitsune and Jules change their appearance when wearing them. Kitsune is good with lockpicking, Dexter is good at speech skill and I think Jules is a good combatant.[/spoiler:5a553c6507]

9. ebbpp

Sep 8, 2010
    Big thanks. Can they use all weapons (big and energy as well) ? Or are they limited in some way? Again sorry for off-topic.

10. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    it probably could be argued that the mod goes against the original dev's ideas when creating the game,otherwise they would not have written the code to begin with

if you want to play with the mod nothing is stopping you from downloading it from my site

as with all of my mods make sure you thoroughly read the ini files that come with them,they are copied from my play installation folder and some mods may be turned off(i use a bat file to make sure all of the files are up to date),for instance weapon drop mod is turned off(i dont like that mod),but all of the files are present

Nirran

11. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Look here.

12. ebbpp

Sep 8, 2010
    Wow-that's a big table out there-big thanks. As I red more there are some changes to it but not big. I'm still not sure if they all can use all weapons as plasma and laser rifles, rocket launchers, boozars, guass rifles and such. From the stats it looks they can but not necessary they will hit someone :). Can they use them?
    Ohh-yes Nirran-is your book mod is fully compatible with Restoration Project 2.1.2? If yes I think Killap can give it a thought to add that one to installer- after all if you can get a bit skilled with gun by just knowing the gun lore so why can you get a lockpick skill by just knowing the locks all around, and so on. I'll still say that although many should have the book option not necessary all-for example finding a book about stealing,sneak or barter could be a little out of balance.
    And about the installation - I only install your mod over RP? Or should I install sfall as well? Or is it in RP install?

13. vilenko

vilenko First time out of the vault

Jun 26, 2006
    Im playing Fallout 2 with killap's patch, im stuck in new reno on second street and when i try to go to different location (even to basement in shark) or click on car, screen goes black and i get application error! i can go to second levels of shark's and salvatore's but thats it....

Game was working fine before that, no crashes or anything and im playing for over ten days.

Oh...before the crash i slept with angela bishop, couldnt leave the floor without a fight so i ended up cleaning out bishop's family, and Vic got killed in proces and his body is missing after load...if that helps...

Ill write how i installed the game, maby it helps:

1-Humongus installation (tried manual also)
    2-Latest official patch
    3-fo2mapper
    4-F49+
    5-F2 restoration project 2.1.1.0

Please help, i would start over again but i dont want same thing happening again after 10 hours play

14. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    You shouldn't install the official patch, since RP already has all fixes from the official patch (and plus lots more fixes).

15. Puokki

Puokki Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 4, 2008
    @vilenko

You aren't supposed to install both RP and the unofficial patch; the patch is included in the RP and I believe it can cause some very odd things when installed with the RP. I'm no expert but I'm afraid you will have to reinstall the game.

16. vilenko

vilenko First time out of the vault

Jun 26, 2006
    i tried just installing RP, still crashing

17. killap

May 16, 2005
    @vilenko
    Post a save game.

18. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003

The number was a four digit.. 2432 something.

19. Praetorian

Praetorian First time out of the vault

May 6, 2006
    This time I believe I found a genuine bug...
    After I found the note in the missing people quest in Broken Hills, I talked to Zaius and then went on to talk to Francis but every time I try talking to him I get a "Howdy, hero!" line from him and a single option to reply with "[done]" which closes the window...

I have warned Marcus about the NCR scientist making a serum when I first talked to him (Marcus) and went to talk to Francis for the first time and he was thankful for me helping the town and our conversation ended with that same line. After that I actually started the quests from Marcus (Chad and missing people) but I didn't talk to Francis again. And now when I have to confront him about the note, he is stuck in that single line and I didn't even get the chance to talk to him about the arm wrestling or anything else.

This is the savegame -->http://rapidshare.com/files/419641785/SLOT05.rar

20. killap

May 16, 2005
    @Praetorian

Just saw this posted on the wiki. You're right this is a bug and a vanilla one at that. Basically an oversight on the part of the devs. In fact, there is a nice comment in the source file that is to remind the devs to add in other flag checks. Guess that didn't get around to it. Fixed for unreleased update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.