Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.1.2b (Unofficial Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fixer_m said:
Just killed Metzger. The slaves that I free from Metzger didn't tell me anything about it. Now they are all gone...
Hmm, the slaves should have said something. Can you post a save game. Also, do you have a save game before the slaves all ran away?

Oppen said:
I'm using all of the Nirran's mods for the RP, except for long hair Vic, so I advise someone try to check it in the vanilla RP with my savegame. I didn't come across any of the modded parts of the game yet, though.
Your save games fail to load for me on vanilla RP. And I don't support other mods on top of my work (warranty voided ;)), so I can't help you. Sorry, not trying to be an ass, just don't have the time to offer support these days, let alone outside the scope of the RP.

@ Oppen & Darek

Darek, I did what you said (took a few turns in battle) and he returned to life! Thank you.

Oppen it seemed like the bug your showed in your message was the same as mine, thank you.

Can people do me a small favor - I use the 'Party Orders add-on and NPCs Loot Bodies mod' made by pelicano, when I play the RP. I haven't had any problems running this mod, but can some others please test it as well.

I have found this mod to be very useful and very entertaining, so hopefully with pelicano's and Killap's blessing it can become apart of the Restoration Project proper. :mrgreen: :look:

I have made an adjusted version that will work with the extra NPC's found with the RP. party orders addon v1.0d (RP)

These are the NPC's included -

0: Vic_PID=16777278
1: Myron_PID=16777376
2: Marcus_PID=16777377
3: Cassidy_PID=16777305
4: Sulik_PID=16777313
5: Lenny_PID=16777323
6: Davin_PID=16777379
7: Maria_PID=167773800
8: RoboBrain_PID_Skynet=16777295
9: RoboBrain_PID_Human=16777597
10: RoboBrain_PID_Abnormal=16777596
11: RoboBrain_PID_Chimp=16777595
12: Goris_PID=16777368
13: Robodog_PID=16777352
14: K9_PID=16777687
15: DogMeat_PID=16777558
16: KITSUNE_PID=16777718
17: DEX_PID=16777719
18: CATJULES_PID=16777720

Code:
Party Orders add-on: Allows the use of hotkeys to give general orders to the party. It's a sfall mod which uses a global script as main file and one ini file. Some settings can be configured through this ini file. It does not work in combat mode, obviously. These are the orders currently implemented: 

- Heal yourself (F): injured party members try to heal using first aid/doctor skill or stimpaks. 

- (NPC)Loot dead bodies (G): This will make one party member to try and loot corpses around him/her and the PC. 

- Holster weapons (H): Armed party members will put their weapons away. 

- Regroup (R): Party members will regroup near the PC if they are away from him/her more than 3 tile hexes. 

- Pick up items (T): The dude PC will pick up any item on the ground in a 3 hex radius. PC auto-loot option must be OFF (0 key). 

- (NEW v1.0d) (PC)Loot bodies (T): The dude PC will loot automatically nearby corpses, just like the (G) order for NPCs. PC auto-loot option must be ON (0 key). 

- (NEW v1.0d) Scatter (X): Party members close to the PC will run 4-6 hexes away.

Re: @ Oppen & Darek

Kochampion7 said:
Darek, I did what you said (took a few turns in battle) and he returned to life! Thank you.

Oppen it seemed like the bug your showed in your message was the same as mine, thank you.

I thought it was a follower in your case, Sulik. I'm almost sure they're different bugs, in my case it doesn't even behave like a container. There is NO default interaction, I didn't try stealing though.

EDIT: Ouch, I though you were talking about my last message, not the one answering you :P

killap said:
fixer_m said:
Just killed Metzger. The slaves that I free from Metzger didn't tell me anything about it. Now they are all gone...
Hmm, the slaves should have said something. Can you post a save game. Also, do you have a save game before the slaves all ran away?

Oppen said:
I'm using all of the Nirran's mods for the RP, except for long hair Vic, so I advise someone try to check it in the vanilla RP with my savegame. I didn't come across any of the modded parts of the game yet, though.
Your save games fail to load for me on vanilla RP. And I don't support other mods on top of my work (warranty voided ;)), so I can't help you. Sorry, not trying to be an ass, just don't have the time to offer support these days, let alone outside the scope of the RP.
It's OK, I don't want to delay the release either :P
Do you have any idea how may I contact Nirran? If the bug is in one of their mods, I think I should inform him.

EDIT: Also, I'm unable to reproduce it from the "Kaga" save (I just tried once, but being the moment before the fight, it's enough for me to call it a random bug).

Just finished the last item for the beta and compiled the installer. This means... the beta is complete! Missed my last week deadline by a day...Hah

I'm too tired to write up a message for the testers, so I'll do that tomorrow. Stay tuned beta testers and the rest of you, know that this means the public release of RP 2.2 will soon be in your hands.

killap said:
Just finished the last item for the beta and compiled the installer. This means... the beta is complete! Missed my last week deadline by a day...Hah

I'm too tired to write up a message for the testers, so I'll do that tomorrow. Stay tuned beta testers and the rest of you, know that this means the public release of RP 2.2 will soon be in your hands.

Good news and good work!!! :D

hey will there be new stuff like locations,quests,characters ect in v2.2

btw will there be a way to get a replacement termianal access card in the abbey? cause in 1 of my playthoughs i lost it and missed out on some xp

killap said:

good to know but 1 advice, put the word "Beta 1" on your post's title, in the past you didnt do this and i got confused a bit because i thought it was the final product. ;)

killap said:

YAY!

Good news, everyone! :D

Hmm, the slaves should have said something.
Can you post a save game.
Also, do you have a save game before the slaves all ran away?

Ok. Just checked my old savegame. Apparently when I killed Metzger and freed slaves, I didn't have activated Sulik's quest.

Is it required to get option "Wait, one more thing. I'm looking for someone specific and I don't see her here...." in conversation with slaves?

If so, then it's... bad.
Because slaves run away after that and you can't complete this quest.
(maybe those ranger guys in NCR should know about the Slaver's Camp)

Anyway here is my saves, maybe it helps.
Slot19 - Metzger alive, Sulik is not in the party.
Slot20 - Metzger dead, slaves are freed, Sulik is in my party and quest 'find Sulik's' sister' activated.

Now there is no way to complete this quest in my game? :(

fixer_m said:
Ok. Just checked my old savegame. Apparently when I killed Metzger and freed slaves, I didn't have activated Sulik's quest.

Is it required to get option "Wait, one more thing. I'm looking for someone specific and I don't see her here...." in conversation with slaves?

If so, then it's... bad.
Because slaves run away after that and you can't complete this quest.
Yes, you need that quest activated before you kill Metzger/free the slaves if you want to get the location from them.

fixer_m said:
(maybe those ranger guys in NCR should know about the Slaver's Camp)
That is the only other way. Maybe you have to join them before you learn the location. Or maybe it is part of proving yourself to them before joining. Honestly, I don't remember anymore. :P At least you have another way of getting there.

expansion80 said:
Not likely. All cut content has already been restored. This release will a triumph of bug smashing. I understand that there are some minor map updates. Other than that, the purpose of this release is to give us a clean, final, english language version. After this, there is just the matter of adding multilingual support back into the game.

Richwizard said:
expansion80 said:
Not likely. All cut content has already been restored. This release will a triumph of bug smashing. I understand that there are some minor map updates. Other than that, the purpose of this release is to give us a clean, final, english language version. After this, there is just the matter of adding multilingual support back into the game.

Correct. There may be a new character or two, and some minor map alterations, but nothing game changing. Every time we add new content, we inevitably add new bugs. The purpose of this release is indeed to get the RP finalized and looking all nice an' shiny.

For anyone who's been holding out on trying the RP until the bugs were taken care of: this should be the release you've been waiting for.

Hopefully.

That is the only other way. Maybe you have to join them before you learn the location. Or maybe it is part of proving yourself to them before joining. Honestly, I don't remember anymore. At least you have another way of getting there.
Really? :shock:
I've tried to ask Elise about this camp right after freeing Metzger's slaves.

Now Elise says only "Well-met, fellow Ranger. Afraid there's not much for you to do around here at this time..." (after successful competing her quest). Maybe I need to have a higher level to get information about the camp. I'll try it later.
Thanks!

fixer_m said:
That is the only other way. Maybe you have to join them before you learn the location. Or maybe it is part of proving yourself to them before joining. Honestly, I don't remember anymore. At least you have another way of getting there.
No, I'm wrong (just checked the files). You can just do more with them if you already know that location. Hmm, yeah this is an oversight alright...

Anyway, in other news, beta testers have received their message and hopefully will begin testing! I've given them 4 weeks to play through the game. Reports get posted to the wiki, so check there to see how the beta is going.

killap said:
fixer_m said:
No, I'm wrong (just checked the files). You can just do more with them if you already know that location. Hmm, yeah this is an oversight alright...

Anyway, in other news, beta testers have received their message and hopefully will begin testing! I've given them 4 weeks to play through the game. Reports get posted to the wiki, so check there to see how the beta is going.
what? i thought the beta was gonna be released here. O_o

.Pixote. said:
Can people do me a small favor - I use the 'Party Orders add-on and NPCs Loot Bodies mod' made by pelicano, when I play the RP. I haven't had any problems running this mod, but can some others please test it as well.

/snip

This would be awesome, I really hope to see it in the RP!

It would really save a lot of time if I didn't have to make all NPCs holster weapons and heal manually + PC auto picking items on the ground would reeeeeally help with those situations when there are a lot of bodies on the ground and you can't see items from them 8-)

Felipefpl said:
Nope, never said that. This is a closed beta and I have about 8 people testing. I'm not taking anymore requests either. This is actually the biggest testing group for the RP yet, so this should be good.

killap said:
Felipefpl said:
Nope, never said that. This is a closed beta and I have about 8 people testing. I'm not taking anymore requests either. This is actually the biggest testing group for the RP yet, so this should be good.
i understand, well, i hope they'll have the patience to try ALL dialog options aside ways to solve problems to see if there is almost no bugs left. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back